Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM - YVR to GUA C$776 Business (Cheaper with OTAs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond

Saw this on a Canadian bloogers website Yxx deals dot com. Wide availability till early next year

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...t7Q6bfk5NMRj1A

Does anyone know which class this books into and how many MQMs will it earn on Delta? Also, some changes in MEX are as short as 1 hour 10 minutes (seems inadequate based on previous experience but that was a while ago) - so what should be the minimum layover period?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Should be an I Class, can also run it as an MR...

YVR-GUA would earn 9315 MQMs 2484 MQDs 4.32 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 19872 RDMs, Platinum 17388 RDMs, Gold 16146 RDMs, Silver 14904 RDMs, Base 12420 RDMs

Google Flights
curlingfan, BoarderX and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Should be an I Class, can also run it as an MR...

YVR-GUA would earn 9315 MQMs 2484 MQDs 4.32 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 19872 RDMs, Platinum 17388 RDMs, Gold 16146 RDMs, Silver 14904 RDMs, Base 12420 RDMs

Google Flights
I was excited to see the fare until I realized that it's a narrow body and likely no lie-flat seats? Is it really worth the MR? Where to stay when I get there? I am a DL Diamond, and I could use the MQMs.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I was excited to see the fare until I realized that it's a narrow body and likely no lie-flat seats? Is it really worth the MR? Where to stay when I get there? I am a DL Diamond, and I could use the MQMs.
If you need MQDs , AM is one of the easiest options in the Americas, yes they are narrow bodies but you can get 3, 5 or 7 to 1 MQD Ratios (those higher ones are usually ex TIJ)

As to where to stay? I would stay in Antigua, about an hour out of GUA, you can also head up to Flores to visit the Mayan ruins there... Of course as a pure MR, do a same plane turn, which might force you to spend time in MEX....
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfkeze
If you need MQDs , AM is one of the easiest options in the Americas, yes they are narrow bodies but you can get 3, 5 or 7 to 1 MQD Ratios (those higher ones are usually ex TIJ)

As to where to stay? I would stay in Antigua, about an hour out of GUA, you can also head up to Flores to visit the Mayan ruins there... Of course as a pure MR, do a same plane turn, which might force you to spend time in MEX....
Too bad Asia is still mostly closed. I usually get over 10,000 MQMs per trip. I looked around, and you're right; I can fly right back. There is a roughly 1 hour 15 min gap between arriving at GUA and flying out. Is that enough time to clear immigration and potentially get a checked suitcase or go with a carry-on? What's so bad about spending time at MEX? The layover is only a couple of hours. Maybe I could spend some time in a lounge?

What are the AM business class seats like? Relatively comfortable MR option?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I won't do this as an MR. I've never been to GUA before. I might have to spend three days and check out Antigua. When is the best time of the year to visit to get the best possible weather? The fare still seems to have good availability in the fall.

​​​​​
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:10 pm

amazing deal. i have a friend who loves these recliners.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Maybe I won't do this as an MR. I've never been to GUA before. I might have to spend three days and check out Antigua. When is the best time of the year to visit to get the best possible weather? The fare still seems to have good availability in the fall.

​​​​​
GUA city by itself is perfectly fine during the day, at night the center is a bit sketch but you don't need to go out after 7 anyway. Antigua is very charming but 2 days max unless you wanna see everything nearby. You can also climb Acatenango if you feel adventurous and wanna burn off the J food offered in flight, seeing an eruption from 500ft away is once in a lifetime. If you do direct turn, beware that GUA is very hectic and I recommend minimum 60 minutes and be prepared to rush.
If you wanna see it in detail, I have a series of videos filmed in GUA city, Antigua, Acatenango and the gorgeous Atitlan on the channel in my signature.
lsquare and Spacey like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:47 pm

Newbie question - how do you guys decide whether to pay extra for refundable tickets? Booking for next Feb, its $200 CAD for Premier Flex. Still a good price and and I suppose for the peace of mind it's probably worth it.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:30 am

There is a similar fare out of SEA, too. I did the SEA-MEX roundtrip recently in J...it was perfectly fine and as efficient as can be from here. If I book this, I'll probably spring the little bit extra for the flex ticket since I'd be booking a ways out...I got burned by Aeromexico tickets during peak pandemic that I'd like to avoid repeating.
4thState likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.