Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico: LHR to YVR from £1,595 and earn 6392 MQDs or 120 XPs!

Old Mar 26, 22, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Nice sale with Aeromexico for travel between London and Vancouver via Mexico City.

You can schedule some long layovers in Mexico City which would allow you to explore the city since you can reach the Zocalo via metro, 45 minutes to an hour both ways and see the Cathedral, National Palace and Rivera Murals, and the Templo Mayor or if you have some more time you can venture out to Teotihuacán which is an ancient Mesoamerican city located 30 miles (50 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City.

LHR-YVR would earn 23970 MQMs 6392 MQDs 3.05 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 51136 RDMs, Platinum 44744 RDMs, Gold 41548 RDMs, Silver 38352 RDMs, Base 31960 RDMs

FlyingBlue members would obtain 36 XPs for LHR-MEX and 24 XPs for MEX-YVR for a total of 120 XPs on a Roundtrip or instant FlyingBlue Silver status.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH FTL, AY+ Gold, TAP Gold, BAEC, AF FB
Nice find! Surely in alignment with the reopening of their MEX-LHR flights.
You can schedule some long layovers in Mexico City which would allow you to explore the city since you can reach the Zocalo via metro, 45 minutes to an hour both ways and see the Cathedral, National Palace and Rivera Murals, and the Templo Mayor or if you have some more time you can venture out to Teotihuacán which is an ancient Mesoamerican city located 30 miles (50 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City.
Just be very careful with such a plan! While it is possible, you better schedule in as much as time as possible for your nerves' sake (or a night if the rules allow for it). If you arrive in MEX at time with many other international flights you can easily spend an hour at immigration. Getting to Zocalo within an hour is very ambitious, whether metro (often so packed that you can't even get on) or car. It takes you probably a good two hours to get out to Teotihuacán and another two to get back, which can also go up depending on traffic (which is a nightmare in CDMX). You can spend at least two hours in Teotihuacán, the area is rather big, and includes lots of waiting if you do it with a tour. Just saying. Plan big if you intend to do this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AxelJF View Post
Nice find! Surely in alignment with the reopening of their MEX-LHR flights.

Just be very careful with such a plan! While it is possible, you better schedule in as much as time as possible for your nerves' sake (or a night if the rules allow for it). If you arrive in MEX at time with many other international flights you can easily spend an hour at immigration. Getting to Zocalo within an hour is very ambitious, whether metro (often so packed that you can't even get on) or car. It takes you probably a good two hours to get out to Teotihuacán and another two to get back, which can also go up depending on traffic (which is a nightmare in CDMX). You can spend at least two hours in Teotihuacán, the area is rather big, and includes lots of waiting if you do it with a tour. Just saying. Plan big if you intend to do this.
so my memory is fuzzy, I did a JFK-MEX-SJO with Mexicana (feeling old!) landed in MEX at around 6 AM and left 10 PM ish... I remember the Metro to Zocalo, having a breakfast , walking around and then finding a bus to Teotihuacán (think from North Bus Terminal?), somehow sightseeing and still making it back, but it's been a decade... then in 2014 I spent a Saturday to Sunday with a combo of EWR-FRA-MEX LH First with the Lifemiles trick (rest in piece), a night near Polanco which allowed me to hit the Museo Nacional de Antropología easily... on 5 hours you couldn't do anything really but on a 8+ hour, should work for a meal and a museum...

This travel blog puts the car from MEX to Teotihuacan at 50 min or metro at 2 hours
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 4:22 pm

It looks like LHR-MEX-YYZ is about US$200 less than LHR-MEX-YVR. Of course, the MEX-YYZ flight is also about 450 miles shorter than MEX-YVR, so the total earnings would be a bit less.
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hogo74 View Post
It looks like LHR-MEX-YYZ is about US$200 less than LHR-MEX-YVR. Of course, the MEX-YYZ flight is also about 450 miles shorter than MEX-YVR, so the total earnings would be a bit less.
Interesting, I can't see it on Google Flights, but it did show up on ITA and got it to price on Kayak and Skyscanner

LHR-YYZ would earn 22668 MQMs 6045 MQDs 3.20 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 48358 RDMs, Platinum 42314 RDMs, Gold 39291 RDMs, Silver 36269 RDMs, Base 30224 RDMs
FlyingBlue members would obtain 36 XPs for LHR-MEX and 24 XPs for MEX-YYZ for a total of 120 XPs on a Roundtrip or instant FlyingBlue Silver status.
cmnmia likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Interesting, I can't see it on Google Flights, but it did show up on ITA and got it to price on Kayak and Skyscanner
It is showing on Google Flights with a multi-city search, setting the date for the MEX-YYZ flight for the day after the LHR-MEX flight on the outbound and the date for the YYZ-MEX and MEX-LHR flights to the same day for the inbound. The booking options on Google Flights appear to be limited to several lesser-known OTAs. Searching directly on the AM website gives no results.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems you can pull it up on the AM website if you do a multi-city search. I did not try to book, though.

Last edited by hogo74; Mar 26, 22 at 9:34 pm
Old Apr 3, 22, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything but Presently I can only find 2150 USD for Certain dates (Earliest seem to be May 2022).
Old Apr 14, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Does this work in reverse - X YVR ??
Old Apr 14, 22, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by resolute View Post
​​​​​​
​​​​​​I would like to know too.
Old Apr 15, 22, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by resolute View Post
No. Fares don't work this way. Ex-YVR is £2569 RT
lsquare and dcjono like this.

Search this Thread