Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: JFK to CAI from $1748 and earn 4505 MQDs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Below average price for Air France from New York to Cairo, rare to see sub 2000 on AF. These book into Z class so earns nicely for Delta flyers. Real Business class seats the entire trip, although older 2-3-2 for the CDG-CAI segments which is still better than an Euro-Business seat found on LX, LH, etc...

JFK-CAI would earn 16893 MQMs 4505 MQDs 2.58 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 36038 RDMs, Platinum 31534 RDMs, Gold 29281 RDMs, Silver 27029 RDMs, Base 22524 RDMs

Fare basis code: ZNML02D6
Advance purchase: No restrictions.
Maximum stay: A maximum stay of 12 month(s) applies.
Minimum stay: Either a minimum stay of 3 day(s) applies, or the return flight commences on Sunday.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
JojaFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I found that ITA has a much better fare from JFK to CAI. The images may be a bit large so use the Spoiler controls to view.

I was playing around with GF and found a fare on AZ for $1,574
Spoiler

However when I select the "Book with ITA" link, the fare drops to $1,423.27 and this fare persisted in a dummy booking all the way to the payment page. In all transparency, I did not attempt to go any further so you may find issues with booking this at the lowered price.
Spoiler

I assume that 4Z is a full member of Skyteam and DL would check bags through to CAI if you flew to JFK on a separate DL ticket.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I found that ITA has a much better fare from JFK to CAI. The images may be a bit large so use the Spoiler controls to view.

I was playing around with GF and found a fare on AZ for $1,574
Spoiler

However when I select the "Book with ITA" link, the fare drops to $1,423.27 and this fare persisted in a dummy booking all the way to the payment page. In all transparency, I did not attempt to go any further so you may find issues with booking this at the lowered price.
Spoiler

I assume that 4Z is a full member of Skyteam and DL would check bags through to CAI if you flew to JFK on a separate DL ticket.

ITA is cheaper but no miles with Delta, Air France or just about anyone since they did the Alitalia switcheroo... That's why I didn't post that one, which someone else shared a few days ago.
Also Air France is widebody the whole way... But if miles aren't an issue than the ITA fare might be of use...
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by jfkeze
ITA is cheaper but no miles with Delta, Air France or just about anyone since they did the Alitalia switcheroo... That's why I didn't post that one, which someone else shared a few days ago.
Also Air France is widebody the whole way... But if miles aren't an issue than the ITA fare might be of use...
I agree, especially if you flew on AZ over the next 60 - 90 days. But AZ seems to be getting further reintegrated into Skyteam over time and this may change. However, this fare will be of use for someone (like myself) who does not fly for status but looking for a relatively cheap but decent quality business class product. Much like the <$2500 ET fare class P deals from LAX and YYZ to JNB. No earning potential but a really good business class fare.

Update:

I found some more information from this post on the ITA forum on the ITA Skyteam integration. It refers the reader to a LoyaltyLobby article on some issues flying ITA (or other Skyteam airlines with ITA status).

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/04/01/...kyteam-status/

It seems that flying AZ and earning miles/points on DL, AF, KL, etc will be coming sometime in the 2nd half on 2022.

Last edited by cheltzel; Apr 3, 2022 at 9:04 am Reason: New ITA/Skyteam information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.