Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Looks like you can open jaw AKL/SYD

Trip from Paris | Google Flights
Thank you so much! It turns out I could open jaw AKL/SYD and SIN/BKK as well! So this is my new itinerary:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...WPrVNRqL5ZwRh8

So for me it went from 'cool' to 'amazing!'
Currybelly likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Looks like you can open jaw AKL/SYD
I'm finding the PAR - SYD PNCFR fare very difficult to strategize with, and therefore the mixture of the two PNCFR fares, PAR - AKL with PAR - SYD, very difficult as well. One combination results in the same fare as the PAR - AKL alone, while the next adds ~500 EUR YQ. I can't comprehend whether the discrepancies are routing related, marketing carrier related, or something else. Insights would be very much appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by canadavid
Yes, once per continent (in North America, NZ and Asia)
I should have been more precise:
Let's say I'm flying from Seattle to Auckland, and the actuall routing is SEA -> SFO -> AKL. Can I spent a few days in SFO?
Haven't been able to find the ~2700 EUR rates for such a stopover.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by fabge
Let's say I'm flying from Seattle to Auckland, and the actuall routing is SEA -> SFO -> AKL. Can I spent a few days in SFO?
Probably not, since you're probably not flying CDG-SEA and then immediately on to SFO-AKL. So if SEA is your stopover in North America, you can't also stop in SFO...
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:44 am

Can someone confirm the booking class for the first CDG-SEA leg? I'm seeing "P" on Lufstansa when I search on ITA which credits to 0 miles for most Star Alliance mileage programs.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by traxtonus
Can someone confirm the booking class for the first CDG-SEA leg? I'm seeing "P" on Lufstansa when I search on ITA which credits to 0 miles for most Star Alliance mileage programs.
Lufthansa's P fares are certainly not generous in terms of miles, but I think the programmes receiving no credit at all are Aegean, Ethiopian, Eva, South African, TAP and Turkish. The rest get at least some miles.

But beware the difference between "status miles" and "award miles" for some programmes. Status miles generally follow the expected distance and fare-class rules, but award miles can be related to the ticketing carrier and the fare paid.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by traxtonus
My CDG-SEA flight is booked as P class, as most of my flights:
CDG-FRA: (P)
FRA-SEA: (P)
SEA-SFO: (P)
SFO-AKL: (J)
SYD-SIN: (D)
BKK-MUC: (P)
MUC-CDG: (P)
Revenge and traxtonus like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by fabge
Not exactly what you asked since you would still need to add the SEA-SFO flight, but as a purely academic exercise I modified my itinerary to include such a stopover and it works, albeit around EUR2900:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...D83ibwejBjRzU8

However the itinerary is no longer bookable on united.com, only through OTAs or LH over the phone.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm attempting to book next January CDG-TYO-AKL-SFO-CDG but can only find a ZNCFR fare for ~3490 euro. Included in this, there seems to be a 260 euro YQ coming from somewhere. Anyone else able to get this routing to work at the advertised price?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yogibearla
I'm attempting to book next January CDG-TYO-AKL-SFO-CDG but can only find a ZNCFR fare for ~3490 euro. Included in this, there seems to be a 260 euro YQ coming from somewhere. Anyone else able to get this routing to work at the advertised price?
it's a Z fare here ... you need to find P availability. Change dates/flights to get that.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Originally Posted by yogibearla
Here's an example. If you can though, try and find the ANA flight from Frankfurt with "The Room" business class product.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...z09EgYIARAAGAA
cesco.g likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
NZ's newly announced nonstop from JFK - AKL fits nicely into this fare. Apparently only the flights to/from Paris need to be in P class; ITA Matrix shows the new NZ flights (flight numbers 1 and 2) in J.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IHG plat, GHA Black, HH Gold
It seems this one works from AMS as well, but more expensive ~3400 euros --> manage to get it down to about 3250 euro, anyone found cheaper?
AMS-SEA-AKL-HKG-AMS
moyafmx likes this.

Last edited by MrML; Mar 24, 2022 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:27 am

Booked CDG-HNL-AKL / SYD-BKK-CDG for late November via Kilroy for 2874 EUR. Didn't ticket for 3 days but after I got in touch with their (very responsive) CS the tickets were sent to me within half an hour. Was able to select seats for all sectors
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Great fare. Has anyone been able to route through MLE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.