Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:58 am

Booked CDG-SFO (in May), and HNL-AKL-SIN-BKK-(VIE)-CDG in December on Expedia. Just in time for Christmas in Europe. Ended up priced at €3620, probably due to the proximity to the holidays. I'm not familiar with typical pricing on this kind of route, but it still strikes me as a decent deal. If anyone with more experience disagrees, please let me know within the 24h free cancellation window
Revenge likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fast_random
Booked CDG-SFO (in May), and HNL-AKL-SIN-BKK-(VIE)-CDG in December on Expedia. Just in time for Christmas in Europe. Ended up priced at €3620, probably due to the proximity to the holidays. I'm not familiar with typical pricing on this kind of route, but it still strikes me as a decent deal. If anyone with more experience disagrees, please let me know within the 24h free cancellation window
Why do not post the google flight link here? If your dates are flexible, you can move the dates, you may get a lower fare. For example, the price for this trip can be as low as $2928.
https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...U0UhIGCAEQABgA
intelliflightsir likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:03 am

Are stopovers allowed?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
Do we know what ticket stock this books too? If it's non-016 (UA) might be a pqp earning opportunity.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by fabge
Are stopovers allowed?
Yes, once per continent (in North America, NZ and Asia)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadavid
Yes, once per continent (in North America, NZ and Asia)
Don't forget that one permitted routing is via South America (and permits a stopover in RIO, SAO or BUE). Also a stop would be permitted in RAR or PPT or HNL (in lieu of North America). Finally, stopovers in Europe (i.e. ZRH, VIE, MUC, GVA, FRA, DUS, CGN, BRU) appear to be allowed in lieu of other enroute stops between France and Auckland.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Don't forget that one permitted routing is via South America (and permits a stopover in RIO, SAO or BUE). Also a stop would be permitted in RAR or PPT or HNL (in lieu of North America). Finally, stopovers in Europe (i.e. ZRH, VIE, MUC, GVA, FRA, DUS, CGN, BRU) appear to be allowed in lieu of other enroute stops between France and Auckland.

I tried hard to come up with routing via PPT without increasing the price (had one at about EUR 3500), but no luck.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:53 pm

Would be very interested to see some of those examples incorporating RAR/PPT.

How about GUM, TKK, YAP, PPG, NAN ?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tofino87
How about GUM, TKK, YAP, PPG, NAN ?
The routing rules for this fare are listed in posting #21 above.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:50 pm

The routing rules for this fare are listed in posting #21 above.
Ah yes, my bad
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Why do not post the google flight link here? If your dates are flexible, you can move the dates, you may get a lower fare. For example, the price for this trip can be as low as $2928.
Apologies, I should've expressed myself better. I'm happy with the price I got given that my dates aren't flexible, and this gets me where I want to be. Out of curiosity I tried pricing this as a RTW ticket and ended up at 7k with pretty much the same flights, so got some decent savings. I guess what I was trying to get at is that I'm a bit surprised that this fare isn't getting more attention here, which made me think that maybe historically a deal like this for what's essentially a RTW ticket comes along more often than I originally thought. Or maybe people are simply hesitant to book this because of unclear future covid/travel restrictions (particularly in NZ). If it's the former and there's a reasonable chance the same ticket can be booked at a similar price in say August, then waiting would make more sense, given changes in travel restrictions.

Originally Posted by yogibearla
Do we know what ticket stock this books too? If it's non-016 (UA) might be a pqp earning opportunity.
Mine ended up 220 / LH. For the itinerary described above (with the CDG-SFO segment operated by UA) united.com is predicting 5288 PQP total.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
There are still travel restrictions even though that you are allowed to enter some countries. I am interested in spending a few days in BKK or SIN, in addition to AKL, but I have a hard time to pull the trigger.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:04 am

I pulled the trigger and my booking went through:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...7S4x8JNy6zfAq8

My routing isn't as interesting as others mentioned here. I particularly tried to book SYD instead of AKL, and a stopover SIN-BKK-CDG but introducing either of those options led to either to price changing drastically on Google Flights when selecting flights, or in checkout errors when trying to book on United.

If you can improve on my routing for January feel free to post a link, I have flexibility on my dates
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by moyafmx
I pulled the trigger and my booking went through:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...7S4x8JNy6zfAq8

My routing isn't as interesting as others mentioned here. I particularly tried to book SYD instead of AKL, and a stopover SIN-BKK-CDG but introducing either of those options led to either to price changing drastically on Google Flights when selecting flights, or in checkout errors when trying to book on United.

If you can improve on my routing for January feel free to post a link, I have flexibility on my dates
Looks like you can open jaw AKL/SYD

Trip from Paris | Google Flights
cesco.g and moyafmx like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: TK*G
The version Momondo.it of the first websites gives the possibility to book with Expedia

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.