Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by jerrychuang
Is there any recommendation for a ticketing agent? Found all the inventories but cannot replicate on United, so don't want to bother anymore...
Feel free to ping me. UA can only ticket this fare if at least one segment is on UA code. But the cheapest itineraries avoid UA and stick to SQ/NZ on segments.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Though I have been following this thread since day 1, I just finished my booking. As I do not need the America detour for RTW, I just booked for a EU-Aus round trip on this fair basis with a stopover each way in TYO and SIN respectively for $2954 pp. If you get P inventory all the way, then it's a delicious $2400 RT from EU-SYD, which from what I recall, is not bad at all, even at pre-pandemic levels. I booked with a higher premium to fly on ANA metal between FRA and HND in LH's Z inventory because Lufthansa P doesn't credit to anywhere well. RTW tickets are still alive at $2700 as i checked.
jfkeze likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
That is fantastic jerrychaung. And with Japan reopening slowly, might be time to book this myself.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
It seems that the "trick" to get to book on United is to have at least one segment, whether a TATL , a transcon or even a SFO-LAX. That will allow you to go from Google Flights to United.com.

This does mean 016 stock which is not good for United flyers, but for other airlines, this would not be an issue...

Google Flights

United.com
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Qantas, BA
Originally Posted by jerrychuang
Though I have been following this thread since day 1, I just finished my booking. As I do not need the America detour for RTW, I just booked for a EU-Aus round trip on this fair basis with a stopover each way in TYO and SIN respectively for $2954 pp. If you get P inventory all the way, then it's a delicious $2400 RT from EU-SYD, which from what I recall, is not bad at all, even at pre-pandemic levels. I booked with a higher premium to fly on ANA metal between FRA and HND in LH's Z inventory because Lufthansa P doesn't credit to anywhere well. RTW tickets are still alive at $2700 as i checked.
That is awesome! Do you have a screenshot of your route? I’m looking for an EU-SYD route.

Cheers
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Feel free to ping me. UA can only ticket this fare if at least one segment is on UA code. But the cheapest itineraries avoid UA and stick to SQ/NZ on segments.
Originally Posted by jfkeze
It seems that the "trick" to get to book on United is to have at least one segment, whether a TATL , a transcon or even a SFO-LAX. That will allow you to go from Google Flights to United.com.

This does mean 016 stock which is not good for United flyers, but for other airlines, this would not be an issue...

Google Flights

United.com
That's what nufnuf said a few posts above you
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by jfkeze

I tried this, but it still says $15k on united.com. Anything specific you do, besides just clicking on the United link on Google Flights?

Trying to get this - the third flight has a leg on united (IAH-ORD). $11k for 3 of us on GF, jumps to $44k on united.

Last edited by mlbcard; Sep 11, 2022 at 8:36 pm
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlbcard
I tried this, but it still says $15k on united.com. Anything specific you do, besides just clicking on the United link on Google Flights?

Trying to get this - the third flight has a leg on united (IAH-ORD). $11k for 3 of us on GF, jumps to $44k on united.
IME there needs to be J class available on the NZ legs in order for it to be booked via UA (and any other OTAs I tried). GF seems to be checking for Z class instead.
For example, J class is available on ORD-AKL on Dec 25, and AKL-LAX on Jan 11, so this itinerary links to UA.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by aacar
IME there needs to be J class available on the NZ legs in order for it to be booked via UA (and any other OTAs I tried). GF seems to be checking for Z class instead.
For example, J class is available on ORD-AKL on Dec 25, and AKL-LAX on Jan 11, so this itinerary links to UA.
Awesome! Thank you. That worked. Used ita to find J availability then put in the dates on GF.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold
Looks like there are still availability transit through west coast in both directions for around $4300 during Christmas in Auckland, NZ ticketable from UA. Up from the $3200 range a month ago. Had a pair of tickets on hold this morning.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:13 am

Can make it to AKL and back from MEL or SYD (or vice versa) for a bit more.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Originally Posted by LiveForTravel
That is awesome! Do you have a screenshot of your route? I’m looking for an EU-SYD route.

Cheers
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Changes creeping in

Originally Posted by mlbcard
Can make it to AKL and back from MEL or SYD (or vice versa) for a bit more.
This is exactly what my itinerary is/was: I fly into SFO and out of HNL and into AKL and out of SYD.

However I see that changes are now creeping in.

My direct flight from CDG to SFO has now been cancelled and my ANA flight from HND to FRA has changed from the 77W "The Room" experience to a 787-9. Also the flight time has increased by a massive 3.5 hours as it now uses the Polar route home.

I booked this on 1st April and I subsequently decided that it wasn't the most efficient itinerary, however having booked through G2G (stupid boy :-)) it was nigh on impossible to change as you just couldn't get through to them. If this fare is still out there I'm tempted to cancel and start again.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Currybelly
This is exactly what my itinerary is/was: I fly into SFO and out of HNL and into AKL and out of SYD.

However I see that changes are now creeping in.

My direct flight from CDG to SFO has now been cancelled and my ANA flight from HND to FRA has changed from the 77W "The Room" experience to a 787-9. Also the flight time has increased by a massive 3.5 hours as it now uses the Polar route home.

I booked this on 1st April and I subsequently decided that it wasn't the most efficient itinerary, however having booked through G2G (stupid boy :-)) it was nigh on impossible to change as you just couldn't get through to them. If this fare is still out there I'm tempted to cancel and start again.
CDG is pulled but fare is there from MXP and MAD.

Let me know fi i can help - a Travel agent that iss actually available 24/7
ianwall, geoshina and Currybelly like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I am trying to find something for February but struggle to get SIN/BKK - Europe leg (the last one), it always repriced to 12k€. I am trying to stay everywhere - NY, AKL and SIN/BKK for about 5-6 days. Is there a day minimum or I am just out of luck with dates?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.