Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JoeRose
I booked this fare through United a couple of weeks ago. European flights are LH, and New Zealand flights are ANZ.

Estimated PQP is 1/7th miles. I was expecting it to be 1/5th miles. Any ideas why?
PQP when buying from UA is what you paid. 1/5 would be if you bought the ticket from LH or NZ
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Thanks for the OP for this.
I booked a variation, which suited my needs (not such a good MR but great flights to and from AKL on AC non-stop as well as fitting my needs in Europe)
CDG-YVR-AKL-YVR-CDG $US4550 although the price is jumping around every time I look and differs from what we actually paid (through my trusty local TA rather than an OTA)
I could have saved significant $ routing via SFO and Asia but did not want to for logistic reasons.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I just want to say thank you to the OP for this. I was able to book an awesome trip and use up a bunch of future flight credit from cancelled reservations for myself and my wife.

CDG-FRA-LAS in October (using this to return from Europe after visiting London to see the NFL matchup, hopefully)
LAS-SFO-AKL in December
AKL-SFO in December
LAS-ZRH-CDG next April

These are not my dates, but this is a very similar itinerary to what I booked - Google Flights

Cost was $3,062.72 per person.

I'm incredibly excited about this itinerary. I have a question for the hive mind here - reading the fare rules it seems like changes should respect the initial pricing after I fly the first segment. Given that is the case, should I be able to change my last LAS-ZRH-CDG to May once I fly the initial CDG-FRA-LAS legs? I would prefer to return to Europe about a month later than I'm currently booked but the booking schedule wasn't open.
I just wanted to follow up on this. Because the fare lasted so long, I was able to stretch my return to Europe (LAS-ZRH-CDG) all the way out to the middle of next May, 366 days from the ticketing date.

It baffles me that this is still alive given how good of a deal it is with the stopovers. I am continuing to monitor to see if UA opens up P availability on SFO-LAS on the date I need on my New Zealand return and, if they do, I'll add that leg on to the current itinerary so I don't have to purchase a separate flight back home. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again to OP!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
Has anyone found these sort of fares lately? I've been trying to put something together using the Star Alliance Round the World tool and it's giving me quite the price headache!

Has the ship sailed (pardon the metaphor!) on this deal?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:15 am

This is still alive kenergizer:

Here's stopovers in ORD each way for 3,066USD

Here's stopovers in SFO each way for 3,043USD

CDG-SFO / SFO-AKL / AKL-NRT / NRT-ZRH-CDG for 2,990USD

Last edited by nickohrn; Jun 21, 2022 at 7:11 pm Reason: ALK to AKL (fixed airport code typo)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Currybelly
OK folks, for a simpleton like me, do the below fare rules mean that, as long as I take the first flight as planned, then I can change the itinerary as much as I want DIRECT with the Airline (no need to deal with the OTA) and as long as they have seats available I will be able to re-book free of charge?

I have managed to secure ANA reward flights for my wife to meet me in Japan but it would mean me moving my later dates by a few days, and I raelly don't want to deal with the OTA. I'm well travelled but have always stuck to the itinerary, so stuff like this is very new to me. TIA!!
This is a hilarious fare, but I have this same question. Is this changeable without reprice once the first segments is flown? Up to 1 year past first segment flown or 1 year past ticketing?

I can fly 3 segments by May (CDG-BOS///BOS-AKL///AKL-BOS//) since I'll be in Europe for Christmas anyway and could do AKL in the spring, but I don't think I have enough vacation time to tack on another BOS-CDG before May... So I really just want to push that last BOS-CDG out more.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
This is a hilarious fare, but I have this same question. Is this changeable without reprice once the first segments is flown? Up to 1 year past first segment flown or 1 year past ticketing?

I can fly 3 segments by May (CDG-BOS///BOS-AKL///AKL-BOS//) since I'll be in Europe for Christmas anyway and could do AKL in the spring, but I don't think I have enough vacation time to tack on another BOS-CDG before May... So I really just want to push that last BOS-CDG out more.
As a data point I've already flown my first segment and then I tried to make date changes on my remaining three flights. In my case it does reprice, and the total fare goes from $3,200 to $3,500. Not a deal breaker, but also not free unlimited changes...
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by moyafmx
As a data point I've already flown my first segment and then I tried to make date changes on my remaining three flights. In my case it does reprice, and the total fare goes from $3,200 to $3,500. Not a deal breaker, but also not free unlimited changes...
not a big deal because the pricing is still live - but i don't expect it to necessarily still be around months from now and don't want to get re-priced to 10k... but thanks for the data points, probably a no-go then.
moyafmx likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:37 pm

I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.

Last edited by Pota; Jun 21, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:29 pm

New here, what do you mean by ANC60FR and PNC60FR? Where can I find these code?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Pota
I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.
Great routing! Can you PM me the contact details to your TA?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Spiral Snow
New here, what do you mean by ANC60FR and PNC60FR? Where can I find these code?
These are fare basis codes

You can look them up on something like expertflyer.com
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Originally Posted by moyafmx
Yes I've been looking too and all P class availability seems to have gone and only very few Z class fares. I think the fare difference between P and Z was around $300 so I assume that's it. I don't fly until Jan 23 so I'm going to hold out until nearer the time. At the moment I have my wife joining me in Japan, but I arrive 2 days before her and she leaves 3 days after me :-)
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by chmielko
Great routing! Can you PM me the contact details to your TA?
I am not sure if providing contact details for the TA will assist. I did all the research on ITA matrix and had to manually put in some routing/extension codes to make it work with the mixed class booking.

I only used the TA because it seemed like a hassle to provide all the information via phone to the airline. I can PM you the TA I used, but just want to let you know that their involvement was limited to booking.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by Currybelly
Yes I've been looking too and all P class availability seems to have gone and only very few Z class fares. I think the fare difference between P and Z was around $300 so I assume that's it. I don't fly until Jan 23 so I'm going to hold out until nearer the time. At the moment I have my wife joining me in Japan, but I arrive 2 days before her and she leaves 3 days after me :-)
Hahaha, we will start our Journey around the world from CDG on Jan 23rd as well.
Currybelly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.