Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MAD - BKK | Finnair | Business - £1122

Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum

Hi all,

Return flight Madrid to Bangkok in Business via Helsinki.Available from May to end of June.

Can book directly with Finnair.

Google flights
​​​​​​Thanks!

Edit: Also available from Barcelona.
JasonMIA likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:39 am

Good find! These fares are also available from a bunch of other Euro cities, even ex London for 1200GBP.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:43 am

If ARN is an easier departure point, £922: link
Make sure you have OW status, otherwise additional charge for baggage/lounge will apply.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cmnmia
If ARN is an easier departure point, £922: link
Make sure you have OW status, otherwise additional charge for baggage/lounge will apply.
MAN/LHR fares seem to run till end of June, same with MAD except for a few in September. ARN fare runs to late September, and a 100 quid more for a few spots afterwards. So if dates are important, that makes a difference...
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:52 pm

Anyone know if they are routing this around Russian/Ukrainian airspace? I guess that's an obvious question. I guess the real question is: what are the odds they cancel these flights indefinitely?

Last edited by pmblinn; Mar 9, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:22 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Anyone know if they are routing this around Russian/Ukrainian airspace? I guess that's an obvious question. I guess the real question is: what are the odds they cancel these flights indefinitely?
.. and would they (have to) reroute on QR?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Finnair cancelled their HEL-BKK flight on Friday and Saturday. The Tuesday flight took 10 hours and 47 minutes by taking the Southern route to BKK, which is about an hour longer than the 9 minutes and 39 seconds the flight took when using Russian airspace.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Finnair cancelled their HEL-BKK flight on Friday and Saturday. The Tuesday flight took 10 hours and 47 minutes by taking the Southern route to BKK, which is about an hour longer than the 9 minutes and 39 seconds the flight took when using Russian airspace.
One more--albeit infinitesimally insignificant--reason to hope for an end to this whole mess.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
I understand they changed from AY141/142 afternoon departure which has been running recently to AY143/144 (00:45 departure) and this is currently planned to continue through to the end of April. Means planning connecting flights could be awkward.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by PxC
.. and would they (have to) reroute on QR?
Only as a day of travel IRROPS rebooking. You won't be on QR with your ticket otherwise.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA
The nice short lay overs in HEL are gone - now 9hrs outbound and 11hrs return
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
I still think these are the cheapest biz fares from MAD to SE Asia, or has anyone found anything cheaper?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.