Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LHR-HEL £280 BA code Finnair operated (Aug) Business rtn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-HEL £280 BA code Finnair operated (Aug) Business rtn

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Agent69
I have the A350 trip both ways in July (I think on the 46J variant). How do I tell if it's new or old seats?
I've booked flights on A350 out and back at end of July. I'm hoping that one of them will have the new seat. Have also managed to select my seats on each flight and they are showing in BAEC MMB.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
That's the 30J variant that includes the new PE seats. Looks like I'm out of luck
Just chcked on EF and it looks like the return flight has been changed to the new 30J layout. I was originally booked into 3A, but following the aircraft change they moved me to 3D (no idea why I couldn't have stayed in 3A). Anyway, short trip to the RJ site and I'm back in 3A.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Just chcked on EF and it looks like the return flight has been changed to the new 30J layout. I was originally booked into 3A, but following the aircraft change they moved me to 3D (no idea why I couldn't have stayed in 3A). Anyway, short trip to the RJ site and I'm back in 3A.
RJ (and the websites of other OneWorld members) aren't always as dependable as we think.

Have you checked on the Finnair app ? It shows the seat number. if you have the patience to search out on the website how to download the e-ticket, this should also give the seat number.

Hopefully both will agree
Old May 17, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Lounge access at HEL

Sorry - slight hijack here but can anyone confirm that armed with my BA silver / OW sapphire credentials [digital or otherwise] I will have no trouble gaining access to relevant Helsinki lounge while traveling on the Finnair Business Light ticket - which ordinarily would not grant lounge access. My [irrational] concern is more about Finnair lounge staff being programmed not to grant access based on ticket. I’m not so worried about lounge access at LHR T3 on outbound as no dedicated Finnair staff there and standard OW access rules applying to a OW marketed ticket [as indeed they should do in HEL as well[ I haven’t seen a thread about this in BAEC forum and thought I would have by now!
Old May 17, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Sorry - slight hijack here but can anyone confirm that armed with my BA silver / OW sapphire credentials [digital or otherwise] I will have no trouble gaining access to relevant Helsinki lounge while traveling on the Finnair Business Light ticket - which ordinarily would not grant lounge access. My [irrational] concern is more about Finnair lounge staff being programmed not to grant access based on ticket. I’m not so worried about lounge access at LHR T3 on outbound as no dedicated Finnair staff there and standard OW access rules applying to a OW marketed ticket [as indeed they should do in HEL as well[ I haven’t seen a thread about this in BAEC forum and thought I would have by now!
It's ticketed on BA, you should get access even without OW status.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
No drama whatsoever on lounge access in HEL (or AMS & SIN as I have done regularly recently FWIW) when booking the business light ticket, GCH.
and the new seats are great!
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
No issues at all for me getting into the lounge with my BA status and being on a biz light fare.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Thanks all - I should have been super clear I would just be booking straight through Finnair website so an AY ticket - but still from above it all looks fine [as it should be!]
Old May 23, 2022, 10:30 am

Finnair lounge staff have been pretty friendly in my experience. I have had no issues accessing the HEL lounge using my BA silver status. Assuming your BA FF# is attached to the ticket, your status through OW should properly show up.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
£330 is the cheapest I can find via TravelUp.

I booked two trips to HEL via TravelUp and it’s all been fine, however, reading the comments on TrustPilot, I wouldn’t buy the Silver or Gold packages as the £15 and £10 codes you get for future usage never seem to work on the website and according to reviews the agents make false promises of resolution times, call backs and email replies. So book the standard package and hope for the best.
Guess these are all dead and gone. Any good trying to guess when next opportunity might be?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GCab
Guess these are all dead and gone. Any good trying to guess when next opportunity might be?
I don't think it's a recurring phenomenon.

Opportunities involving different airlines, different routes will crop up: be vigilant and fleet-fingered.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:59 pm

Is this deal dead now? I don’t see any other dates for this price.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by sau54
Is this deal dead now? I don’t see any other dates for this price.
Has been gone for over a month, we should move this topic to Mileage run discussion.
simonsmith, sjoh1271 and sau54 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.