Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LHR-HEL £280 BA code Finnair operated (Aug) Business rtn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-HEL £280 BA code Finnair operated (Aug) Business rtn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Thanks! I was able to book through Kayak -> Uptravel. The PNR was ticketed in about 30 minutes after and both AY & BA show fare on their website, earning 160 TP and about 3400 avios.

However, no option to select a seat, on either website or Finnair App (anyone got this done?).

Fingers crossed for now equipment swaps. For the rest, amazing fare, having been AY-ing to fly this route on the A350 for a while now. Previous strategy was eco fare + upgrade with miles one way, but at this price point it's a steal considering it's for the RT. Adding to that is that there's a wonderful variety of OW lounges at LHR to enjoy and lounge at HEL is no punishment either. Thanks again for posting this!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
However, no option to select a seat, on either website or Finnair App (anyone got this done?).
Select seats on RJ website. Worked for me.
737driver likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Tried this, but did not work. I then added my OW Sapphire status and was able to select seats through RJ and RAM. Now it says seat number - preffered seat in the app. Learning something new every day on FT.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Tried this, but did not work. I then added my OW Sapphire status and was able to select seats through RJ and RAM. Now it says seat number - preffered seat in the app. Learning something new every day on FT.
I booked one of these (incidentally not in August, but for December) and initially had issues trying RJ for seat allocation- they were showing as there being noone else in the cabin.
I tried RAM and could see one of the seats I was after was taken (confirmed with Expertflyer), but was able to pick the (available) seats I wanted through RAM once it had been ticketed.

Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by palcsaky
How do I do that? I already added my BAEC number to my flights.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
How do I do that? I already added my BAEC number to my flights.
Go on the RJ site or RAM site, click on manage my booking, use the BA PNR you were give, and once in scroll down to seat selection.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by KARFA
Go on the RJ site or RAM site, click on manage my booking, use the BA PNR you were give, and once in scroll down to seat selection.

That solution appeals to my inner geek, but can give a false sense of security. Finnair's system may not accept all, or indeed any, of the allocations made through third parties. When i called Finnair the seat hadn't made it over to AY from MH, although they did show up on BAEC's MMB. I have a feeling Finnair's IT could give BA's a run for its money in terms of crankiness.

Calling or web chatting Finnair to make the seat allocation seems the best way of handling it: it's simple enough if you have the patience to wait or to fight the chatbot for human attention
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That solution appeals to my inner geek, but can give a false sense of security. Finnair's system may not accept all, or indeed any, of the allocations made through third parties. When i called Finnair the seat hadn't made it over to AY from MH, although they did show up on BAEC's MMB. I have a feeling Finnair's IT could give BA's a run for its money in terms of crankiness.

Calling or web chatting Finnair to make the seat allocation seems the best way of handling it: it's simple enough if you have the patience to wait or to fight the chatbot for human attention
I have tweeted them to do seat selection before which has worked at FinnairHelps

Tbh I often check on EF to see whether the seat selection has stuck after changing on RJ or RAM, and it has usually been fine, I have done it this way for a few years when booking AY on BA codes and I haven't had one where it hasn't been fine on the flight. I haven't tried MH before.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Which is easier? Calling or webchat? Is the Finnish call center open 24/7?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Which is easier? Calling or webchat? Is the Finnish call center open 24/7?
Webchat involves persuading the chatbot to give up, stop pushing you to the FAQs, and connect to a human. It suggests you phrase your question in simpler terms, so i asked what is the capital of Azerbaijan and it decided human intervention was required. Then a bit of a wait with your position in the queue showing (disconcertingly my position worsened before it improved ). Once an agent popped up, it was plain sailing.

As for the call-centre … it don't think it can be worse than BA. So a measure of patience, speaker-phone, and something else you can be getting on with …… and you're away.

Your choice !
MaxFlyer and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So I've booked this deal via BA and changed my seat from 1A to 3A on the RJ site. EF now shows 1A vacant and 3A occupied, and my BA account now shows 3A. Only problem is I can't see my seat number anywhere when looking at AY MMB. Is this normal?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
So I've booked this deal via BA and changed my seat from 1A to 3A on the RJ site. EF now shows 1A vacant and 3A occupied, and my BA account now shows 3A. Only problem is I can't see my seat number anywhere when looking at AY MMB. Is this normal?
yes
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Agent69
normal (for Finnair), yes: but unsettling !
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
I just want to say a big thank you for the heads up on this as we were looking for somewhere pleasant to earn a few tier points later this year and we did just this with your help for less than £250 each through Travelup and with preferred flatbed seats selected both ways via rj.com (once we'd entered our BAEC Gold numbers into the Finnair booking on finnair.com as these don't seem to transfer over from Travelup). Thanks again everyone!
lsquare, KARFA and 737driver like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:49 am

Presume this has now disappeared? Lowest I can see is £325 but bizarrely all dates and times are coming up the same price on Travelup?
LondonGlobalist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.