Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/G3: JFK to Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia from $1212

AA/G3: JFK to Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia from $1212

Old Mar 6, 22, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
I did a bit more digging into this one yesterday and there’s something fairly unique about VVI right now. I was thinking maybe this is a fare sale that might apply to other AA fares that include a tag-on of a G3 flight. But I can find no indication that is the case.
Do you mean unique in a negative way? or just in a good pricing way for deal hunters? Thanks
Old Mar 6, 22, 11:45 am

Was able to book VVI-GRU-EWR-PHL on UA for $645. Cheaper than AA by about $125.
Old Mar 6, 22, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jskang07 View Post
Was able to book VVI-GRU-EWR-PHL on UA for $645. Cheaper than AA by about $125.
If I'm not mistaken, PHL seems to be the only city that works with the G3/GRU then UA/EWR combo... odd one, most other cities in North America are in that range with an AV combo via BOG

Fare rules say this in ITA Matrix, but can't seem to price it in GRU/SAO... Multicity forces the Y+ on UA versus P class...

1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN CHI/DEN/EWR/HOU/LAX/SAO/SFO.
Spoiler

Old Mar 6, 22, 1:51 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
If I book one way BOS-GRU-VVI, will be easy to walk out at GRU and skip VVI-GRU?, planning to do carry on only
Old Mar 6, 22, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
If I book one way BOS-GRU-VVI, will be easy to walk out at GRU and skip VVI-GRU?, planning to do carry on only
Depending on your Passport...

If you are a US Citizen you need a visa which seems it can be obtained at the AirportOn February 2, 2021, the Bolivian government issued Supreme Decree 4460, which reinstates tourist visa requirements for U.S. citizens visiting Bolivia. Beginning February 8, 2021, all U.S. citizens visiting Bolivia will be required to obtain a tourist visa. A tourist visa for Bolivia can be obtained for purchase at any land or air border. In addition, a tourist visa can also be obtained at a Bolivian consulate in the United States or neighboring country.

Entry Requirements:
  • A Bolivian visitor visa costs $160 US and can be paid in U.S. or local currency upon arrival. Visitors should be prepared to provide crisp, untampered bills. Bills with small tears or any other damage may not be accepted.
  • Visitors must show proof of a round-trip ticket, or confirmation of plans to depart Bolivia. U.S. citizens flying into Bolivia but departing by land have faced complications. Visitors must also show proof of lodging in Bolivia, such as a hotel reservation. If staying with Bolivian friends or family, authorities may require a letter of invitation from the host.
So it can get complicated with a one-way as a throwaway if on a US passport.

Now as a Canadian (listed location on your profile), Tourist visa: not required for stays up to 30 days
Old Mar 6, 22, 4:19 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
jfkeze thank you very much , that's very helpful
jfkeze and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Mar 6, 22, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Silver, HHonors Diamond
Thanks OP. Available from some Canadian cities too. I saw YYC-DFW-GRU-VVI and same from YVR as well
Old Mar 7, 22, 5:11 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by curlingfan View Post
Thanks OP. Available from some Canadian cities too. I saw YYC-DFW-GRU-VVI and same from YVR as well
And this is in Canadian Pesos, so looks to be the best deals available on this route

Can also do from YYZ from the low $940's (USD), but with Copa & on all recliner - not optimal. Still, may be useful to some.

CC
Old Mar 7, 22, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, AA, UA, TK, World of Hyatt, Bonvoy, Hilton Honours, Untappd 8000+
Both Power Tools and Book with Matrix led me all the way to AA's payment page, but payment just wouldn't go through.
I then tried multi city on aa.com, and my more convoluted trips didn't finalize, either.

ANC-DFW-MIA-GRU-VVI VVI-GRU-JFK-SEA-ANC is still pending.
JFK-SEA on B6 in Mint.

How have you been faring with multi-sector itineraries?
Old Mar 7, 22, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper View Post
Both Power Tools and Book with Matrix led me all the way to AA's payment page, but payment just wouldn't go through.
I then tried multi city on aa.com, and my more convoluted trips didn't finalize, either.

JFK-SEA on B6 in Mint.

I hadn't seen JetBlue on this before, can you by any chance put the fare on Hold? Worst case have an agent help you with it... Or maybe try PowerTools to Priceline that usually works... another theory is the B6 segment causing issues?
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Mar 7, 22, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper View Post

JFK-SEA on B6 in Mint.

You have to do it as a through fare on matrix and input the connection cities and see if it still prices the same. I had the exact same error until I did this. However I didn’t have a B6 segment...

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
I hadn't seen JetBlue on this before, can you by any chance put the fare on Hold? Worst case have an agent help you with it... Or maybe try PowerTools to Priceline that usually works... another theory is the B6 segment causing issues?
I believe AA has a hard time with >2 hour holds when OAL are on the ticket?
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Mar 7, 22, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, AA, UA, TK, World of Hyatt, Bonvoy, Hilton Honours, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Not a big fan of OTAs. I only tried aa.com.

The reservation has now been ticketed.
Hooray!

Putting the reservation on hold won’t work with this one:
“Heads Up! Reservations containing one or more flights on airlines other than American Airlines or American Eagle must be purchased at time of booking.”

Funnily enough, only the itinerary containing the B6 segment went through.
My more creative routings, AA/G3 only, however boasting AA transcons, didn’t make it.
My question should have been: Did anybody manage to book this including transcons on aa.com?

I was a bit lazy on the fare rules, so it might be that.

Thanks, jfkeze, what a gem of a find.
jfkeze and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Mar 7, 22, 9:17 am

I had no problem getting LAX-MIA-GRU-VVI and vice versa ticketed. LAX-MIA and vice versa on 787 lie flats.

The VVI-PHL itinerary that OP posted above has a 29.% tax, is that a premium cabin tax that Bolivia assesses? Wow... steep!
Old Mar 7, 22, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by stephem View Post
I had no problem getting LAX-MIA-GRU-VVI and vice versa ticketed. LAX-MIA and vice versa on 787 lie flats.
Nice. Are you taking your family of five then?

Multi city on aa.com lured me into ANC-DFW-LAX-MIA-GRU-VVI VVI-GRU-JFK-MIA-LAX-HNL and then wouldn't let me pay for it.
Old Mar 7, 22, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EP
I got $1200 PDX DFW GRU VVI. But is there anything really to do in this city. Or good day trips?

Search this Thread