Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ams-bkk: Ay €1261 sq €1492 tk €1660

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

Seeing the AY fares until early Sept, SQ until end of Nov. and TK until end of schedule.

Was able to book through SQ myself, with a free VTL stopover in SIN after spending a week in BKK.

Sample fare: https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/S4ow

Update: AY has withdrawn financial guidance for Q1 and calls most routes to Asia no longer sustainable due to current airspace restrictions. I would caution against booking AY.

Last edited by Dave510; Feb 28, 2022 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Usually my warning with Finnair is that these are Business Light fares that don't even include luggage.

But with significant airspace being closed across Russia, AY mentioned potential difficulty with their Asia routes.

Currently, Finnair flies to Bangkok, Phuket, Singapore, Delhi, Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. However, the airline has recently canceled all cargo and passenger flights to Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.

So things are getting complicated and something to take into account on AY flights...
Dave510 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Usually my warning with Finnair is that these are Business Light fares that don't even include luggage.

But with significant airspace being closed across Russia, AY mentioned potential difficulty with their Asia routes.

Currently, Finnair flies to Bangkok, Phuket, Singapore, Delhi, Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. However, the airline has recently canceled all cargo and passenger flights to Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.

So things are getting complicated and something to take into account on AY flights...
Very true. The situation in Europe is volatile, in addition to all the (at this point) somewhat usual COVID risks. It's part of the reason why I went with SQ at a slightly higher price (in addition to better product overall, luggage allowance and a desire to stopover in SIN).
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Dave510
Seeing the AY fares until early Sept, SQ until end of Nov. and TK until end of schedule.

Was able to book through SQ myself, with a free VTL stopover in SIN after spending a week in BKK.

Sample fare: https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/S4ow
AY is even cheaper from CDG.
thelister likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:58 am

Finnair told yesterday that they'll keep on flying some routes:
We continue flying from Helsinki to Bangkok, Phuket, Singapore and Delhi and from Stockholm Arlanda to Bangkok and Phuket. We will avoid using the Russian airspace which lengthens the travel time approximately one hour.
https://www.finnair.com/pl-en/flight...3-2022-2548064
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BA, AS, OZ
Just curious and I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by asking about this clarification here. For the routes cancelled by Finnair, do they offer the option to reroute you via partner airlines e.g. QR/BA etc. or you're stuck with a last minute refund only? I bought the CDG-BKK business light fair and so far everything looks good, but just in case I want to know to plan accordingly. Anyone with prior experience with Finnair cancellation? Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
If you book by SQ and want to save 5% more, register in NL site by March 6

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/N...red-customers/
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by pdxerinsaarland
Just curious and I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by asking about this clarification here. For the routes cancelled by Finnair, do they offer the option to reroute you via partner airlines e.g. QR/BA etc. or you're stuck with a last minute refund only? I bought the CDG-BKK business light fair and so far everything looks good, but just in case I want to know to plan accordingly. Anyone with prior experience with Finnair cancellation? Thanks.
But Sir, AY hasn't cancelled the BKK route! - check out AY141 yesterday and AY142 today on Flightradar24. HEL-BKK is perfectly doable around Russian airspace (albeit travel time will be extended with around 1 hour) so there is no need for AY to cancel.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by MKBshaw
AY is even cheaper from CDG.
Yep, for the dates I am looking at, CDG is cheaper. For my dates, there is a long layover at HEL on the return which is not desired so CDG is better as there are shorter connections...maybe too short on the return at 40 minutes. At least one flight I looked at had an A350 on the AMS-HEL route which was nice compared to the A320 you get on the CDG route.
MKBshaw likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcgahat
....CDG is better as there are shorter connections...maybe too short on the return at 40 minutes.
40min is no issue at HEL; no need to hesitate for that reason.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:27 am
Original Poster

https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4196920

AY has put out a statement. Many of their passenger and cargo routes to Asia are no longer profitable due to the current Russian airspace ban. Expect many flights to be cut.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
But Sir, AY hasn't cancelled the BKK route! - check out AY141 yesterday and AY142 today on Flightradar24. HEL-BKK is perfectly doable around Russian airspace (albeit travel time will be extended with around 1 hour) so there is no need for AY to cancel.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't expect an airline to cancel just because travel time has been extended by 1 hour.
Deckter likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by SK AAR
40min is no issue at HEL; no need to hesitate for that reason.
My last trip it was. Long walk from the end of one pier to get to security and then security was jammed up and had to walk back to the end of the pier for our flight. This was BKK-HEL-JFK. I would agree that when you dont have to do security on a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection it is very easy.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:39 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by pdxerinsaarland
I am also curious about this, if anyone knows the answer?

EDIT; You can depart Paris/ARN and return to London from BKK for same price, or just do exLHR for £1200 as well.

Last edited by PxC; Feb 28, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
If you book by SQ and want to save 5% more, register in NL site by March 6

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/N...red-customers/
Warning (from SQ rules):
As a Registered Customer, you cannot earn miles on flights. However, you can book and manage your flights easily as your personal details will be saved with us.

and the signup is extended until end March now

Last edited by kaspars; Mar 1, 2022 at 5:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.