Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/OS/UA/AC/AV/LA: AMS to SCL from €1,267

LX/OS/UA/AC/AV/LA: AMS to SCL from €1,267

Old Feb 23, 22, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by UARTWSFO View Post
Did you manage to book online with LH or via phone? I am also based in NA with family in Europe, so this would be incredible for me too. Thanks OP for sharing.
Booked over the phone with LH. Make sure you’ve got the specific flights you want handy to make it go faster. In any event, they were the most competent and helpful agents I’ve ever encountered.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 2:23 am

This appears to be dead. Both Lufthansa and Swiss have reverted to 1900 euros.
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 11:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Is there a way for this flight to pass by Bogota and Brazil (Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro)?
Old Mar 2, 22, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by mhaines94108 View Post
This appears to be dead. Both Lufthansa and Swiss have reverted to 1900 euros.
Maybe try different dates?
Still alive as of 315 PM EST - Tried clicking on the OTA (www.supersaver.nl) and it did show the same price for SCL

AMS-SCL €1,494

AMS-LPB €1,144

AMS-VVI €1,133
Old Mar 2, 22, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter View Post
Is there a way for this flight to pass by Bogota and Brazil (Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro)?
Try this (play with dates as Needed)
Google Flights AMS/GRU/SCL/BOG/AMS €1,500
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old Mar 11, 22, 3:40 pm

If I were to book this with a JFK-SCL leg on LATAM, but ticketed by LH or OS, could I still credit the LATAM leg to Delta?
Old Mar 23, 22, 2:54 pm

For all the itineraries like this with a single stop on US soil (JFK) on the return leg -- will the checked-in luggage still need to be claimed at JFK?
If so, should there be any problem for US-bound travelers to interrupt the journey at JFK? Sometimes the savings on airfare outweigh the extra miles

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Lufthansa/Avianca/LATAM/Austrian (Avoid due to Avianca 320)
Old Mar 23, 22, 3:02 pm
fsc

Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
For all the itineraries like this with a single stop on US soil (JFK) on the return leg -- will the checked-in luggage still need to be claimed at JFK?
It's also possible to route the return transatlantic flight out of EWR. That way, you definitely need to claim luggage after landing in JFK.
Old Mar 23, 22, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold; BA Rust
If so, should there be any problem for US-bound travelers to interrupt the journey at JFK? Sometimes the savings on airfare outweigh the extra miles
you wrote that while quoting an itinerary that completely bypasses the US on the outbound - instead it routes via Colombia - and which further requires you to spend almost a full week in SCL before finally arriving in New York.

If, instead, you just want a cheap one-way from AMS to NYC, then there are far quicker, far cheaper, and far easier one-ways from AMS-NYC on *A that don't require you to detour for so long, or even via a third continent!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 23, 22, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by fsc View Post
It's also possible to route the return transatlantic flight out of EWR. That way, you definitely need to claim luggage after landing in JFK.
I wasn't aware that the two NYC airports work differently. So should I look for the SCL-EWR segment in the itin?
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
...If, instead, you just want a cheap one-way from AMS to NYC...
Thanks, but that option would not be of interest. I'd like to keep most of the trip discussed in this thread -- e.g. AMS-NA-SCL-(NYC, LAX, or MIA).
Old Mar 23, 22, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

99.5% of the time you need to collect luggage at your first point of entry, once that's the 0.5% with United at IAH the bags continued to the final destination.
Add on that most SA flight arrive early morning and the TATL flights depart late afternoon or evening I'm pretty sure you would be safe forgetting a segment, or why not move it many months into the future either at time of booking or after flying first segment...
MaxVO likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
99.5% of the time you need to collect luggage at your first point of entry, once that's the 0.5% with United at IAH the bags continued to the final destination.
Add on that most SA flight arrive early morning and the TATL flights depart late afternoon or evening I'm pretty sure you would be safe forgetting a segment, or why not move it many months into the future either at time of booking or after flying first segment...
I just came in on Sunday to IAH from LIM on UA - had to clear customs, collect our bags, then walk them 30 feet to throw them back on another belt with a scanner, as they were tagged to YYZ (our final destination).

CC
MaxVO likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 5:21 pm

I wasn't aware that the two NYC airports work differently. So should I look for the SCL-EWR segment in the itin?
No, you still want SCL-JFK probably, I don't think there's direct SCL-EWR flights, at least not ones that work for this fare. Look for SCL-JFK, and then EWR-Europe, it's completely fine to have an airport change in this fare (and generally on most fares with a stop in New York you can do this)
MaxVO likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 5:23 pm

Only drawback of moving it many months into the future is that that costs an extra 100EUR or so. But still that could be worth it if MaxVO intends to eventually return to Europe.
jfkeze and MaxVO like this.
Old Mar 28, 22, 9:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA PP/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Nice!
It's 20% of Distance if not mistaken? So 19038/5 or 3808 PQPs for a VIE-YYZ-SCL-YYZ-ZRH on AC. The intra Europe adds up to 975 (598+375) also at 20% so 195 or a grand total of 4003 PQPs (give or take?) UA PQP math can be hard at times...
The pqp.economiles tool pegs it at about 5,600 PQP if it is flown on AC.

PS thanks jfkeze for yet another tip. You've inspired a large proportion of my international travel over time. Booked this one for a nice Thanksgiving in the southern hemisphere, where I'll celebrate hitting 1K again. You're my FT spirit animal
jfkeze, MaxVO and ElJudioErrante like this.

Search this Thread