Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NakieJakie
Something funky is happening. I booked this on Sunday for an April 1 to May 8 RT from ORD-CDG-ZRH-CPT then CPT-JNB-FRA-ORD. ORD-CDG is UAL metal. CDG-ZRH is Swiss. ZRH-CPT is Edelweiss. Return is all Lufthansa. Now the funky part. Last night I went into Google flights and inputted the exact same dates and origin/destination and that routing was nowhere to be found...even though I found the booking on Sunday via...you guessed it, Google flights. Today, I went into Lufthansa's site and selected my seats on their 747-800s from CPT thru to ORD and also selected my seat on Edelweiss from ZRH to CPT. I just went into my United account and my Lufthansa account and the Edelweiss and Lufthansa legs have all literally disappeared from both sites. Gone. I've got nothing from UAL or Lufthansa in terms of email comms. The segments literally vanished and my UAL account is showing ORD-CDG and the CPT-JNB but nothing else. All other segments have literally disappeared.

Perplexed in Atlanta.
Likely the OAL came back with a "sale refused" message. If it was a mistake fare that wasn't being honored, whole trip would be canceled.

I've been trying to book on some different dates and at least for me, married segments are the issue. There's P on each individual flight, but no P when booking the two together.

I have an ecredit I'd like to use, so I have to book through UA.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:40 am

Does United, on whose site I booked the trip, have an obligation to fulfill the entirety of the ticket or am I out of luck? Booking still shows the Edelweiss and Lufthansa legs wiped out. I have ZERO interest in an $1800 credit since I already have a $900 credit on United that must be used this year that I'm frantically trying to use. I have already used credits on BA to FCO in September and AA to FRA in December so yet a 4th credit is of no interest. What leverage do I have to ensure UAL puts me on the required flights to get to CPT on the original dates?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:02 am

If there is a cancelation in your itinerary - UA will refund the money.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Does United, on whose site I booked the trip, have an obligation to fulfill the entirety of the ticket or am I out of luck? Booking still shows the Edelweiss and Lufthansa legs wiped out. I have ZERO interest in an $1800 credit since I already have a $900 credit on United that must be used this year that I'm frantically trying to use. I have already used credits on BA to FCO in September and AA to FRA in December so yet a 4th credit is of no interest. What leverage do I have to ensure UAL puts me on the required flights to get to CPT on the original dates?
You can ask where you purchased the ticket for full refund since the flights were removed from schedule.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:36 am

It was purchased on United. Thankfully.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
If there is a cancelation in your itinerary - UA will refund the money.
I get that but honestly I still want to do the trip and United has the route structure to make it work. I don't want the refund. Given the ridiculously low price for the biz class ticket I may be whistling past the grave yard.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:40 am

I get that but honestly I still want to do the trip and United has the route structure to make it work. I don't want the refund. Given the ridiculously low price for the biz class ticket I may be whistling past the grave yard.
From your description I would guess that the booking was never actually ticketed. If it was ticketed (and UA issued a ticket number) - you may be able to have them reroute you.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might be able to get an agent to put you onto ORD-EWR-CPT, given the partner ticketing troubles. Try a couple of times if no-go response at first. It will be a lot more work or maybe impossible to keep it with the original routing.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:55 pm

Yup, it was ticketed. I went thru FB messenger today and the person on UAL's end said there were schedule changes. I just went into UAL, Swiss, Edelweiss, and Lufthansa's sites and every single flight that was changed in my routing is exactly as it was when I booked it. Same flight numbers. Same metal. Same skeds. I will call tomorrow and aske for a supervisor and demand they reinstate my original routing. The new routing has the old Polaris configuration and the Lufthansa metal switches from a 747-800 on two legs to an A330-400. No interest in any of those flights. What a PITA.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yup, it was ticketed. I went thru FB messenger today and the person on UAL's end said there were schedule changes. I just went into UAL, Swiss, Edelweiss, and Lufthansa's sites and every single flight that was changed in my routing is exactly as it was when I booked it. Same flight numbers. Same metal. Same skeds. I will call tomorrow and aske for a supervisor and demand they reinstate my original routing. The new routing has the old Polaris configuration and the Lufthansa metal switches from a 747-800 on two legs to an A330-400. No interest in any of those flights. What a PITA.
Issue is that flights on OAL airlines are always on "request." This means the OAL has 24-48hours to decline the sale..
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:04 pm

Here's the exact cut and paste on my UAL account of my itinerary. It is a veritable mosh pit of flights from my original itinerary and the re-issued one. Same confirmation number for all flights (including overlapping).

ORD to FRA
FRA to CPT
ORD to CDG
CDG to ZRH
CPT to JNB
JNB to EWR
EWR to ORD
EWR - ORD
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:04 am

Is it possible from sfo or lax

Here's the exact cut and paste on my UAL account of my itinerary. It is a veritable mosh pit of flights from my original itinerary and the re-issued one. Same confirmation number for all flights (including overlapping).

ORD to FRA
FRA to CPT
ORD to CDG
CDG to ZRH
CPT to JNB
JNB to EWR
EWR to ORD
EWR - ORD
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Seeing some sub 2100 with LX/UA and LH over the Northern Hemisphere Summer
Horrible layovers with UA if all on their metal, ugly but not as bad on other carriers...

LX/UA

UA/LH (non-Polaris)
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
A lot of availability is still showing but many error out on the final click to pay on UA's site. No way of knowing until you hit that final button. That being said Northern Hemisphere summer is more likely to have availability as it is winter and low season in SA.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
A lot of availability is still showing but many error out on the final click to pay on UA's site. No way of knowing until you hit that final button. That being said Northern Hemisphere summer is more likely to have availability as it is winter and low season in SA.
Good to know, I try to test a link or two from the Google Flights results to make sure it's not Phantom but don't go so far as Final Click to Pay... but good to know!
nk15 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.