Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Mileage Run Deals

Premium Fare Deals

UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

Old Feb 12, 22, 10:29 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,333
Good price but books into P, which earns 100% on most programs

Also, looks like UA will have a direct flight EWR-CPT sometime in summer.
tr3k is online now  
Old Feb 12, 22, 10:45 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: DTW
Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 240
Earns 150% on AC
Cthunder86 is offline  
Old Feb 12, 22, 11:20 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 9,159
STOPOVERS 2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN FRA/MUC/GVA/VIE/ZRH/BRU/BER/DUS/LIS/OPO/ REK/PDL.
It errors out when I hit purchase on UA.com, tried a lot of different combos and dates...

EDIT: It actually worked, but not on my ideal dates....

Last edited by nk15; Feb 13, 22 at 12:00 am
nk15 is online now  
Old Feb 13, 22, 12:37 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YYC-PRG/VIE
Posts: 1,856
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
I just tried a series of Matrix searches for 7 to 13 day trips from ORD to CPT with EWR as the only connection from May 1 through December 31 and didn't find a fare below $3000
I managed to get a 3 day turnaround in June - only could get it via Google flights deeplink to UA.com as I was in a hurry, no time to use matrix...

ORD-DCA-EWR-CPT all on UA / CPT-JNB-FRA-ORD (both long legs on LH B748) 1760 USD
uanj, trooper, SFO777 and 1 others like this.
YYCCL3 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 4:11 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 33
EWR-CPT direct non-stop available at this fare in March 2022. They've been flying this route since 2020.

Last edited by SanDiegoTrvllr; Feb 13, 22 at 1:06 pm
SanDiegoTrvllr is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 5:46 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,742
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr View Post
Also, looks like UA will have a direct flight EWR-CPT sometime in summer.
Starting from June 5.
UA to launch Seasonal EWR-CPT - 3x Weekly year-round starting 5 June 2022
Kmxu is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 10:09 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by tr3k View Post
Good price but books into P, which earns 100% on most programs
Still earns ~4100 PQP on LH/LX and ~4900/5000 on AC. With the 1500 pqp limits per segment thats a solid ratio
random.parts is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 10:35 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 9,159
I booked on UA with UA on the outbound segments and TK and AC back with a stopover in Europe, so 2 trips in 1, but it is still pending because the TK flights are not confirmed. The AC segments earn 200% on A3 and the TK ones 150%. All lie flats except the N.A. domestic flights.

Does anyone know what is the current UA policy on cancelling nonrefundable flights. Would they still give flight credit? Even when partner flights are involved?

What is the UA 24-hour cancellation policy, is it the midnight of the next day or exactly 24 hours?

Last edited by nk15; Feb 13, 22 at 10:41 am
nk15 is online now  
Old Feb 13, 22, 8:49 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 9,096
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
I booked on UA with UA on the outbound segments and TK and AC back with a stopover in Europe, so 2 trips in 1, but it is still pending because the TK flights are not confirmed. The AC segments earn 200% on A3 and the TK ones 150%. All lie flats except the N.A. domestic flights.

Does anyone know what is the current UA policy on cancelling nonrefundable flights. Would they still give flight credit? Even when partner flights are involved?

What is the UA 24-hour cancellation policy, is it the midnight of the next day or exactly 24 hours?
Pretty much 24h exactly. There could be approximately +1h, but not reliably.

If partner won't ticket, they should look for reroute on UA metal or offer full refund (not credit).

I once had a UA ticket with TK hung up on ticketing. I called TK, and the agent expressed cluelessness about any issue, but soon after the ticket issued. It might be worth a call to TK to ask if they see some issue (they can probably find it with the UA PNR, or if UA tells you a TK PNR on the reservation page, use that).
nk15 likes this.
fumje is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 8:55 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 9,159
Thanks. I am still ambivalent about keeping this even if it tickets (the fare went up immediately after I booked it, so it is a toss up if it tickets). Does anyone know if UA will give flight credit on a nonrefundable fare with partners, if I decide to cancel later, like months later?
nk15 is online now  
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:03 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Booked on ac.com, ORD-YYZ-DOH-CPT and back. AC P + QR I DOH-CPT operated by QR.
Same price for CPT-FRA-YYZ-ORD on the return, even saw some CPT-AMS operated by KL.
CAD2305 (USD1810)
Is it possible to link of screenshot this? I searched on air canada and I can't find a business class option under $10k.
p106_peppy is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:18 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Thanks. I am still ambivalent about keeping this even if it tickets (the fare went up immediately after I booked it, so it is a toss up if it tickets). Does anyone know if UA will give flight credit on a nonrefundable fare with partners, if I decide to cancel later, like months later?
I received credit on a booking through UA that included AC and LH segments. But, you know, your mileage may vary with this type of thing.
venomtrilogy is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 8:43 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,333
Originally Posted by p106_peppy View Post
Is it possible to link of screenshot this? I searched on air canada and I can't find a business class option under $10k.
Might be gone now. Was widely available yesterday.
tr3k is online now  
Old Feb 14, 22, 9:24 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,186
As of a couple hours ago, the fare itself was still around but had gone up to around $2,100, which is still a very solid deal for ORD-CPT. The main challenge is finding P availability, which is extremely limited.

Seems like OS has just added 3x weekly VIE-CPT into the schedule for the northern hemisphere fall/winter. I've been able to find some P on that, e.g., ORD-LHR-VIE-CPT, but the layovers can be long. Others have found P on double connections within the US, e.g., ORD-DCA-EWR-CPT.
dkc192 is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 6:41 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHL
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Posts: 219
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr View Post
EWR-CPT direct non-stop available at this fare in March 2022. They've been flying this route since 2020.
Not really - COVID interrupted this route in 2020.
Nikongirl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread