Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is this fare valid from JFK only or other cities like ORD do have the same fare?
A friend of mine booked a similar fare, maybe slightly more expensive (I think it was more like $2800) from ORD a few months ago, so they do pop up from time to time ... just have to keep an eye out and be flexible.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looks like HAN is available for similar amount.

Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by vivrant
Interesting. Your fare is coming in higher than the $1900 another poster was able to obtain via Amex IAP.
How many AS miles would this earn?
By my math, as shown with 3 legs in J instead of R, it would earn 47810 EQM. As a 75k it would earn 84501 RDM.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by vivrant
Interesting. Your fare is coming in higher than the $1900 another poster was able to obtain via Amex IAP.
How many AS miles would this earn?
I checked the IAP and got the same $1900, but it books into JAL I fares so it would only earn 70% of the distance flown when credited to AS and Amex didnt allow for creative routing to maximize miles. So IAP would only credit 13,452 EQM.

This flight is also over the Max Permitted Miles, which is why its $2800 instead of the $2400. But for 2 extra transcon segments, and an extra 34,358 EQM it would be worth it for many.

Originally Posted by skunker
By my math, as shown with 3 legs in J instead of R, it would earn 47810 EQM. As a 75k it would earn 84501 RDM.
My calculations were the same for EQM. Added bonus for the new 100k's on AS is that it would earn 91,839 RDM
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Wish this worked for MNL! I haven't tried just yet, but anyone seen any Philippines destinations in the mix?
barabbas90 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Wish this worked for MNL! I haven't tried just yet, but anyone seen any Philippines destinations in the mix?
I checked the filed fares, and sadly cheapest JFK-MNL on JL/AA is over $4k.JL only flies into MNL into the Philippines, and it doesnt seem that the cheap flight allows routing on CX, so its the only option.

Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:39 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by barabbas90
I checked the IAP and got the same $1900, but it books into JAL I fares so it would only earn 70% of the distance flown when credited to AS and Amex didnt allow for creative routing to maximize miles. So IAP would only credit 13,452 EQM.
If you call Platinum Travel Services, they should be able to book basically anything that's a valid fare, and sometimes have access to IAP or other discounts that do not show up on the website.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE, A3*G, AA-EP, UA*S,
Originally Posted by VFR
If you call Platinum Travel Services, they should be able to book basically anything that's a valid fare, and sometimes have access to IAP or other discounts that do not show up on the website.
Have things changed recently? Every time I've done that always hit a clueless agent who basically couldn't construct anything that wasn't on the online search (pre-COVID).
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Amazing - almost twice as much to fly from the west coast (sfo-bkk)! If it wasn't covid almost worth it to fly to jfk from sfo!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by swgsword
Have things changed recently? Every time I've done that always hit a clueless agent who basically couldn't construct anything that wasn't on the online search (pre-COVID).
Called into Plat Travel Services tonight. Had a really good agent that was able to construct the circuitous routing that I wanted. She had to put it in flight by flight instead of just plugging it into a search, but she got it all. Only downside is that it was about $40 more expensive than booking through AA, and booked the domestic flights into R fares instead of J fares.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Called into Plat Travel Services tonight. Had a really good agent that was able to construct the circuitous routing that I wanted. She had to put it in flight by flight instead of just plugging it into a search, but she got it all. Only downside is that it was about $40 more expensive than booking through AA, and booked the domestic flights into R fares instead of J fares.
Since it was more expensive, why did you book through AmEx instead of AA?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Since it was more expensive, why did you book through AmEx instead of AA?
Didnt end up booking with her, but went as far as pricing it out. Was trying to get it to price with an International Airline Program discount, and the only way to see if that offer would pop up is to get it all put in and priced out. They couldnt price it with the IAP sadly
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Where have you seen the GOVT is considering reducing the requirement for Bali to 2 days? I'm located in Jakarta, and haven't heard anything. I can't imagine Bali and Java would have different quarantine requirements for foreign tourists?

Originally Posted by MKBshaw
Few announcements in the past 24hrs that seem to have Bali opening back up to tourists mid-Feb with a 2 night quarantine. SQ has loaded daily SIN-DPS, so hopefully it happens sooner than later! I've done 5 hotel quarantines in Jakarta and I'm so over it. Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Completely agree with this. I work for a very large expat employer in Jakarta, and many of my colleagues have been burned trying to get home on JL due to HND and NRT transits.

What is a good source you use to check current policy? I haven't found one I've liked (frequent updates).

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
ICYMI, HND and NRT have had a pretty crazy timeline over the past 2 years where rules for transit can change so quickly, even as changing overnight. The rules for each airport regarding layovers have varied WILDLY over the past 2 years. From only allowing transfers to only certain nationals, certain transit times, or even allowing NO layovers to anyone except Japanese citizens. Tourists have been denied boarding at their origin airport if they had layovers in Japan.

So.. if you're booking this route with a layover in Japan, make sure you monitor the rules for NRT/HND on a weekly basis. Otherwise you can be denied boarding. There's a pretty good reason why we saw sub-$400 RT Y fares a few months ago for 2022 travel date US-Asia that either ended in Japan or lay-overs in Japan - tickets were cancelled and you received flight credit. GL YMMV
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Bali Reopening in linked story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.