Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Ping me a PM - I am a uk based TA and i can make a nice TP run out of this for you ;-) (believe me or not I have managed to book this as JFK-LAX-BOS-NRT-BKK before!
Not hard to believe when that routing was posted previously in this thread.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Ping me a PM - I am a uk based TA and i can make a nice TP run out of this for you ;-) (believe me or not I have managed to book this as JFK-LAX-BOS-NRT-BKK before!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I'm doing JFK-SFO-NRT-CGK; CGK-NRT-LAX-JFK next month and have a week in Indonesia by myself. As far as I can tell there is about 2 days of tourist stuff to do in Jakarta.Any recommendations of where to spend the time? My current thinking is 2 days in Jakarta, 2 days in Bandun, and 2 days in Yogyakarata. I don't want to go to Bali since I'm hoping to save that trip for when I go again with a partner who couldn't take a week off this time.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Haven't been to Bandung. Two days in Jakarta is plenty; one full day might be all you need. The Yogyakarta area is interesting and can take up two or three full days.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by js1993
Haven't been to Bandung. Two days in Jakarta is plenty; one full day might be all you need. The Yogyakarta area is interesting and can take up two or three full days.
I was there 13 years ago and I recommend a minimum of two days in the area to properly explore it.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:19 am

NYC-HAN schedule was wide open for 2022 as of last night but now only seeing from March '23 fwd.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by WarringDanimal
I'm doing JFK-SFO-NRT-CGK; CGK-NRT-LAX-JFK next month and have a week in Indonesia by myself. As far as I can tell there is about 2 days of tourist stuff to do in Jakarta.Any recommendations of where to spend the time? My current thinking is 2 days in Jakarta, 2 days in Bandun, and 2 days in Yogyakarata. I don't want to go to Bali since I'm hoping to save that trip for when I go again with a partner who couldn't take a week off this time.
Yogya has two world-class tourist sites-- Borobodur and Prambanan. If you can do a sunrise at Borobodur, it's stunning; even if just a day trip, it's totally recommended. I stayed at the Hyatt for the duration, maybe 3-4 nights-- but went down to Borobodur one night and stayed at an adjaced hotel, getting inside for sunrise.
Prambanan can be done from Yogya in half a day, though I really did spend 3-4 hours there.
Hyatt's pool is akin to a resort, spent a day there just relaxing.
See above for my 3-day trip to Komodo Island if you want more adventure.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had issues entering Indonesia with the vaccine requirement?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Has anyone had issues entering Indonesia with the vaccine requirement?
I entered Indonesia twice on a UK passport in the past month with no problem at all. You will need to have been vaccinated twice in order to buy the visa on arrival. A third dose is necessary if you want to fly domestically without having to do an antigen/PCR test. Also, you should install the Peduli Lindungi app as most places like malls and restaurants still require you to prove you are vaccinated.
kyushuman, lsquare and Youngmiler like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:56 pm

Buying JFK - CGK through AMEX IAP

Hi all! Has anyone been able to get this fare to show up through AMEX IAP recently? I can see the fare on the JAL website for $2600, but I can't seem to get it to show up on IAP. I remember that the IAP fare was around $2100 a few months ago

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by egl0104
Hi all! Has anyone been able to get this fare to show up through AMEX IAP recently? I can see the fare on the JAL website for $2600, but I can't seem to get it to show up on IAP. I remember that the IAP fare was around $2100 a few months ago

Thanks in advance!
Not all ~$2600 fares will be available for IAP.

10/5-10/27 is $2069 on IAP.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD

Use the price graph to search for other possible dates.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver

Thanks in advance!
Also the IAP search is trash - you can force JAL to show up under the search criteria and this occasionally shows fares which otherwise wouldn't be there.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:28 am

Thanks in advance!
Also check ANA as they are running a similar deal. JFK has their new "The Room" business class and ORD will also have it for flights from October 30, 2022 to March 25, 2023.
Skyflight55 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is this fare still available? I did this one a few years ago via HKG on the LAX-HKG-BKK before covid. There was another FTer (who stole my SWU space) who I befriended before boarding
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AY, AC, OV
Just booked JFK-BOS-NRT-CGK, CGK-NRT-JFK in J for January. Prices out at $2642 on Google flights but got it for $2084 on Amex AIP.

Available for ~$2600 from Jan through the end of the schedule.
Captain Canuck and eltoddo22 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.