Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Old May 28, 22, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
AMEX IAP, not google flights.
Still not sure what dates its showing less then 2400 like OP mentioned (about 1700 range). I have tried multiple dates and only available prices is 2400 to 2500
Old May 28, 22, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 View Post
Still not sure what dates its showing less then 2400 like OP mentioned (about 1700 range). I have tried multiple dates and only available prices is 2400 to 2500

Old May 31, 22, 2:11 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Just booked r/t for two people EWR-CGK for $4,300 ($4,000 after the AMEX IAP credit). Prices were $2K when I looked then it went up $150 per person so we went ahead and booked. A few tips for those looking to book via AMEX.

Search each individual NYC airport. The fare is valid from EWR/LGA/JFK. Sometimes when searching using NYC AMEX's site won't give you all of the available or even the lowest option. The EWR option didn't show up for us when we searched NYC.

Select JL as your preferred airline in the search option. When I did a straight search none of the JL options showed up but after selecting JL I got the cheap-o fare to show up. Even when Google Flights was pricing JL at $5K+ for the dates I wanted.

Looks like Indonesia is now fully open for those who are vaccinated aside from a couple simple steps to submit proof of vaccination, covid insurance, etc.
edsh and Pyrenees like this.

Last edited by golfingboy; May 31, 22 at 2:16 pm
Old Jun 1, 22, 8:32 am

Programs: EK
did you use amex travel? I tried searching and got $7500 and 10K+. i'm looking to get to CGK from either EWR and JFK and couldn't find anything less than 7K.

Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Just booked r/t for two people EWR-CGK for $4,300 ($4,000 after the AMEX IAP credit). Prices were $2K when I looked then it went up $150 per person so we went ahead and booked. A few tips for those looking to book via AMEX.

Search each individual NYC airport. The fare is valid from EWR/LGA/JFK. Sometimes when searching using NYC AMEX's site won't give you all of the available or even the lowest option. The EWR option didn't show up for us when we searched NYC.

Select JL as your preferred airline in the search option. When I did a straight search none of the JL options showed up but after selecting JL I got the cheap-o fare to show up. Even when Google Flights was pricing JL at $5K+ for the dates I wanted.

Looks like Indonesia is now fully open for those who are vaccinated aside from a couple simple steps to submit proof of vaccination, covid insurance, etc.
Old Jun 1, 22, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nuzbim View Post
did you use amex travel? I tried searching and got $7500 and 10K+. i'm looking to get to CGK from either EWR and JFK and couldn't find anything less than 7K.
Search on Google Flights for JAL flights in the $2600-$2700 range...then use those dates on Amex Travel... you'll reduce the cost to around $2200. Example:
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jun 1, 22, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Search on Google Flights for JAL flights in the $2600-$2700 range...then use those dates on Amex Travel... you'll reduce the cost to around $2200. Example:
Were you able to book the AA codeshares? For some reason mine always errored out (and they weren't able to book over the phone either). I ended up just booking the prime JL flights.
Old Jun 1, 22, 4:24 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Yep I used Amex Travel. Not all dates will work though - need to have I fares available. Use google flights and select JAL as the airline like pushmyredbutton mentioned - this should give you a good barometer of what dates will work on AMEX. My flights on GF was $5K but was able to book the same flights at $2200/pp on Amex Travel.

Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Were you able to book the AA codeshares? For some reason mine always errored out (and they weren't able to book over the phone either). I ended up just booking the prime JL flights.
My EWR-ORD and ORD-EWR flights are on AA with JL numbers. From my searches seems like you can book AA flights with JL code on NYC-ORD/DFW/LAX/SFO. Surprisingly BOS isn't even an option. Flights on AS won't work even with JL code.
Old Jun 1, 22, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Nice to get the AA transcon if you're doing this for BA Tier Points. If you get it both ways, then JL on LAX/SFO- NRT-CGK, you're looking at 840 TPs, about 3/4 of the way to OneWorld Emerald (if you can do the required 4 BA flights at some point before 12/31). Otherwise, doing less AA and more JL is of course better in terms of service and food.
Old Jun 1, 22, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
First long haul since March 2020. Grabbed JFK - ORD - NRT - HAN on Amex Travel for $2200 return in Business, IAP too ($300 on Amex Platinum). Now just need to get the right covid insurance to enter Vietnam - any suggestions?
Old Jun 2, 22, 5:59 am

Programs: EK
thanks that worked, i was able to find some dates that work for me. guess my last question, is JAL business better than United's? looks like there's options for both airlines and price/timing that works for me.

thx again

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Old Jun 2, 22, 6:35 am

thanks that worked, i was able to find some dates that work for me. guess my last question, is JAL business better than United's? looks like there's options for both airlines and price/timing that works for me.

thx again
Any JL plane with the Apex Suites is better than UA, especially if you snag a window seat. Service is obviously better on JL than UA. Food is a personal preference, you'll get a better American style meal on UA and a better Japanese meal on JL.
kyushuman and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Zeeww View Post
First long haul since March 2020. Grabbed JFK - ORD - NRT - HAN on Amex Travel for $2200 return in Business, IAP too ($300 on Amex Platinum). Now just need to get the right covid insurance to enter Vietnam - any suggestions?
https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.c...5-overview.cfm
Old Jun 7, 22, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Let me add here, my understanding of Geoblue Covid coverage is that if you don't require medical care, Covid related issues are not covered e.g., asymptomatic failed Covid test to return to the US (I have Geoblue coverage) Geoblue

Old Jul 7, 22, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm really interested in this fare, but unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time to take advantage of this fare. Is there a minimum stay requirement? Is there any way for me to fly out of NYC on Tuesday and fly back to NYC by Friday afternoon? It'll be great if I can even fly back on a Thursday. I don't care if I go to BKK or KUL
Old Jul 8, 22, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
if youre referring to the BKK fare, I think they are gone?

I dont think you could do Tues and returning Thurs, even Friday could be a stretch.

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm really interested in this fare, but unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time to take advantage of this fare. Is there a minimum stay requirement? Is there any way for me to fly out of NYC on Tuesday and fly back to NYC by Friday afternoon? It'll be great if I can even fly back on a Thursday. I don't care if I go to BKK or KUL

Search this Thread