Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Paris to Thailand OneWorld offers in J (€1160-1280)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris to Thailand OneWorld offers in J (€1160-1280)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
AY's fare is an 'I' fare and also doesn't include lounge NOR checked baggage. OW status may supersede those restrictions, but this is getting more common all the time.

By the way, if you ever need to check the fare class, choose Expedia for "booking" to look at the details, if you can't get them otherwise.
I though "I" got lounge access etc.... "P" and "R" did not...???
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:35 pm

Hello neighbor, hehe. My goal is to get Oneworld Emerald privileges and hoping to achieve this through the Alaska Airlines program. I've read that as long as you fly any of the airlines in the Oneworld alliance, you can credit the miles to Alaska Airlines. Will this work? Will I be able to credit these miles from Finnair to the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP program? Thank you in advance for the response.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Hi neighbor, I was just in the OC a few weeks ago. Need more information on your question, which program are you trying to credit to... and are you trying to do a run for status, or to earn miles so you can book a free trip in the future?
Hello neighbor, hehe. My goal is to get Oneworld Emerald privileges and hoping to achieve this through the Alaska Airlines program. I've read that as long as you fly any of the airlines in the Oneworld alliance, you can credit the miles to Alaska Airlines. Will this work? Will I be able to credit these miles from Finnair to the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP program? Thank you in advance for the response.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Newbie, or different IP address?

Seems like an awfully odd first post.
How so? First post definitely.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by hartwith
Paris to BKK for €1160 with Finnair (example:https://www.google.com/travel/flight...9JSBIGCAEQABgA)

Paris to HKT for €1280 with Qatar, inc. Q suites on the CDG-DOH-CDG legs (example: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...E9PRIGCAEQABgA)
Are there some similar routes to Korea or Japan that have decent prices at J?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by trooper
Flew on an I fare from that LHR-BKK fare a a couple months back: "I" does not receive lounge access unless you have status. Had no issues accessing the AY lounge in HEL while in BKK, the check-in agent in issued me an invitation to the contract Miracle Lounge which superseded the Business Light label in my BP as well as check in my luggage with no fees. However I did manage to misplace that invitation and was nearly denied entry (ended up using Priority Pass to access instead of trying to rummage for it.)
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by trooper
May be some confusion with QR and AY.

Last year QR tried to introduce no lounge access for 'R' fare, and it caused confusion. So they introduced 'P' instead, which had no lounge access, while 'R' had lounge access re-introduced.
All the while, AY has introduced no lounge access to business light fares which means anything which is 'I' has no lounge access.

So, to summarise, my understanding is that 'P' on QR has no lounge access. And 'I' on AY has no lounge access and also no baggage in the hold included.
But, if you have status with oneworld, then for AY you get lounge access and baggage (I item) because of your status according to reports. It's not like HBO fares in economy where status would not get you baggage by virtue of status usually.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How stupid of QR to quote a fare in J class without a lounge access!

QR revenue management department must be loaded with weirdos.
I think we have EK to thank for that, as they seem to have been one of the first, and QR is in direct competition with them.
At least with QR, sapphire or emerald on a partner will get you in anyway. EK is rather short on flying friends, so if you don’t pay a higher fare, you don’t get a lounge.

edited to ADD: I wasn’t aware that some of the other oneworld carriers (Finnair particularly in this conversation, it seems) are dropping lounge access, and if I understand even baggage (???) from business class fares. I would be rather upset if I booked business class on any of the oneworld partners and discovered at the airport that it didn’t include baggage!
HarbourGent and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prιsidentielle
Originally Posted by jpinca92630
I've read that as long as you fly any of the airlines in the Oneworld alliance, you can credit the miles to Alaska Airlines. Will this work? Will I be able to credit these miles from Finnair to the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP program?
Yes, you can credit all OW flights to your AS Mileage Plan account, as well as number of AS partners. This all can be easily found on their website. And yes, it includes AY (Finnair) as well.

As for AS Mileage Plan, I assume you've already settled in the relevant subforum for issues regarding the frequent flyer program (FFP)?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
How stupid of QR to quote a fare in J class without a lounge access!

QR revenue management department must be loaded with weirdos.
if you're OW Sapphire and above, it makes lots of sense to have such a fare to book. We get lounge access anyway (please correct me if this is not the case?) so why pay for a perk that comes with the loyalty program.

Much like how a HH Diamond would book a basic room instead of Executive Room, and enjoy the savings.
ElJudioErrante and AlNuzhaMan like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks for the find.
Very tempting but likely cheap due to strictness of rules in those countries.
Can't wait to recommence wider Asia travel again, here's hoping for 2023!
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
It has been known for ages that buying a business class ticket always come with free access to lounge whatever the fare is sharply discounted. However, QR did ruin that concept

My concern is that many airlines would follow suit.
They all seem to be following in their own ways. AY charges for Bags in Business, BA has seat selection fees of almost $100 one way in J.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by wantan
if you're OW Sapphire and above, it makes lots of sense to have such a fare to book. We get lounge access anyway (please correct me if this is not the case?) so why pay for a perk that comes with the loyalty program.
Well, in the case of QR it doesn't. The status lounge in Doha is the much worse one (so I'm told, not flown QR since the changes), so no QR Al Mourjan lounge, with champers and nice food.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Smid
Well, in the case of QR it doesn't. The status lounge in Doha is the much worse one (so I'm told, not flown QR since the changes), so no QR Al Mourjan lounge, with champers and nice food.
Depends on how long your layover is. If it's an hour and 30 minutes, you're not really gaining a whole lot by having access to the Al Mourjan or Al Safwa lounges. If there's significant savings, it makes sense to me.

If you have a 6 hour layover, then yes, I would look for access to the QR lounges.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius
Depends on how long your layover is. If it's an hour and 30 minutes, you're not really gaining a whole lot by having access to the Al Mourjan or Al Safwa lounges. If there's significant savings, it makes sense to me.
The overall complaint for me when they removed the lounges was that they did not reduce the fares by the sort of amount we'd need to pay to get the lounges. Lost me as a customer.

I understand their attempts to plough the bottom line, but not if they're not passing on the discount.
HarbourGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.