Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA : JFK - PNT (Southern Patagonia) $1,385 RT Business

Old Jan 27, 22, 5:24 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Kayak Link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Source : Mighty Travels Premium - Detailed information - LATAM - New York - Puerto Natales - $1,385 RT - Business Class
Vyvd and Slunko like this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 5:29 pm

Patagonia is a bucket list trip for me that I've been wanting to take! This is a super deal!!
Synapseturquoise and N1120A like this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K
$1785-ish from LAX
Old Jan 27, 22, 8:31 pm

Same price to other destinations in Chile, including PUQ, SCL, PMC, CPO. A corresponding fare to IPC seems to be about $300 more but during a quick search I couldn't find availability. The key restriction is this one "ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 07APR22.". All of these are MPM fares that allow additional DL legs within the US and LA legs in South America, but often these book into Y.
Old Jan 27, 22, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by HiFlyerAS View Post
Patagonia is a bucket list trip for me that I've been wanting to take! This is a super deal!!
My husband and I were supposed to go a year ago for his bday, but they were still closed. I think we may do this trip a year from now. We were planning to do the Argentinian side of Patagonia
Old Jan 28, 22, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by hogo74 View Post
... "ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 07APR22."
Thanks for digging this up. I was just thinking there must be some condition to make this trip difficult or impractical.
Old Jan 28, 22, 5:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA PP/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Same price to other destinations in Chile, including PUQ, SCL, PMC, CPO. A corresponding fare to IPC seems to be about $300 more but during a quick search I couldn't find availability. The key restriction is this one "ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 07APR22.". All of these are MPM fares that allow additional DL legs within the US and LA legs in South America, but often these book into Y.
Easter Island is still closed to foreigners. Was schedule to reopen 2 FEB, but that's been delayed by at least one month and there's no date estimated yet.
Old Jan 28, 22, 6:10 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
... The key restriction is this one "ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 07APR22.".
Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Thanks for digging this up. I was just thinking there must be some condition to make this trip difficult or impractical.
There is another practical restriction, the connection time at SCL. You have to be careful with the booking as Kayak will only show you flights where the direct flight between JFK/SCL (LA532/LA533) are available only on one leg. The other leg (either JFK-PNT or the reverse) has a connection with the one stop direct service (LA530/LA531) the has a short stop in LIM and may requires a layover in SCL of 24 hours or more.

I tried forcing this using Matrix/ITA (searching for LA533 connecting to LA1 going to PNT and LA2 connection to LA532 for the return, both with a MAXCONNECT=12:00) and the available dates between now and the expiration of the fare dropped to 2 or 3 dates available. Maybe this is a Matrix/ITA issue but I woudl advise that you really look hard at the details before pulling the trigger .
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jan 28, 22, 7:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA PP/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
$1785-ish from LAX
Don't know about JFK, but getting this to ticket from LAX via LATAM's own portal is so far a game of chase the phantom ticket. I've tried dozens of itinerary options on multiple Feb/Mar dates, including LATAM-only, LATAM/AM, and LATAM/DL routings (i.e. every possible combo). Lots and lots of $1,750-$1,850 options, and most get all the way through payment. But every one disappears at confirmation as "no longer available".

EDIT: Also fails to confirm on AMEX, Chase, and CapOne travel portals.
boggs likes this.

Last edited by BoarderX; Jan 28, 22 at 7:36 am

Search this Thread