Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: PremEcon LAX-BOM $1410

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Hotels, Marriott

Fare Class: T
Available as a single stop both directions
Sample Dates:July 27th - Aug 4th, Might be able to save a few $$ here or there
Found on both BA.com and Matrix

Should yield just shy of 44,000 loyalty points for an AA ExPlat (see corrected math below)

Last edited by fenx; Jan 14, 2022 at 1:25 pm Reason: Math Correction
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Cool find, just to confirm LP calculation. So LAX-LHR-BOM is about 9943 mi * 2 (for round trip) * 1 (class T no cabin bonus) * 2.2 (120% EXP bonus) yields about 43749 LP is this a correct assumption.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Executive Platinum would obtain 43749 LPs, Platinum Pro 35795 LPs, Platinum 31818 LPs, Gold 27840 LPs, Base Members 19886 LPs
psusaver likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:58 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The reverse is also available. Saw MAA-LHR-LAX/SFO for $1490-$1530 on many dates.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Executive Platinum would obtain 43749 LPs, Platinum Pro 35795 LPs, Platinum 31818 LPs, Gold 27840 LPs, Base Members 19886 LPs
Can you please explain how you get to these values? The way I understand this, if booked in T, then this would 19,885+- LPs period... irrespective of current status. What am I missing?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by oldAGE
Can you please explain how you get to these values? The way I understand this, if booked in T, then this would 19,885+- LPs period... irrespective of current status. What am I missing?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I believe you get a status bonus too. If I'm not mistaken, you get base miles, cabin bonus, and 120% status bonus for ExPlat and then add them all together.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
Originally Posted by skunker
You’re missing the elite status bonus.
I don't believe that you receive Elite Status bonuses on OneWorld Partner carriers. That's my world view. Can someone point me to that explicit information?
I believe you get nothing but Base Mileage Loyalty Points and possibly Cabin Class Bonus bumps when the booking class warrants.
I suspect that you only receive Status Bonuses on AA Marketed and Ticketed flights irrespective of carrier metal.

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I believe you get a status bonus too. If I'm not mistaken, you get base miles, cabin bonus, and 120% status bonus for ExPlat and then add them all together.
See my other post please.
Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:15 pm Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't believe that you receive Elite Status bonuses on OneWorld Partner carriers. That's my world view. Can someone point me to that explicit information?
I believe you get nothing but Base Mileage Loyalty Points and possibly Cabin Class Bonus bumps when the booking class warrants.
I suspect that you only receive Status Bonuses on AA Marketed and Ticketed flights irrespective of carrier metal.

According to OMAAT, you still receive status bonus

"In addition to being able to earn Loyalty Points for flying with American Airlines, you can also earn Loyalty Points for flying with partner airlines:

You can earn Loyalty Points for flights on all oneworld airlines, plus JetBlue and GOL

You earn redeemable miles at the same rate as before, except those miles will also qualify as Loyalty Points

Elite status bonuses also qualify towards Loyalty Points on partner airlines, and those range from 40-120%

Cabin bonuses (where you earn miles for flying premium economy, business class, or first class) also qualify towards Loyalty Points"

https://onemileatatime.com/news/amer...oyalty-points/
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
So from what I understand LPs for partners are basically the old RDMs, which were based on Distance, Cabin and then Status adjustment.
So I basically updated an old model I had to quickly reflect them, it's hard to get clear info from AA, so using the charts and then updating the database.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:16 pm

According to OMAAT, you still receive status bonus

"In addition to being able to earn Loyalty Points for flying with American Airlines, you can also earn Loyalty Points for flying with partner airlines:

You can earn Loyalty Points for flights on all oneworld airlines, plus JetBlue and GOL

You earn redeemable miles at the same rate as before, except those miles will also qualify as Loyalty Points

Elite status bonuses also qualify towards Loyalty Points on partner airlines, and those range from 40-120%

Cabin bonuses (where you earn miles for flying premium economy, business class, or first class) also qualify towards Loyalty Points"

https://onemileatatime.com/news/amer...oyalty-points/
OK. I guess I need to scrub AA's Elite Status and new Loyalty Points pages a bit more to find this nugget. OMAAT is a great resource but I am not seeing this information on any of the AAdvantage Carrier Partner pages. I fly plenty of OneWorld partners and have Lifetime Elite Status plus have been PlatPro or ExPlat for years on top of that... and the only Elite Bonus earned are on Award Mileage, not on Status EQDs or EQMs.

Here is information from the Loyalty Points Page: https://exploreamerican.com/newaadvantage/

There are two parts of the FAQ that seem contradictory. The first is vague and the second is exclusionary.

Which AAdvantageŽ miles count toward earning Loyalty Points?

In the air: All base miles earned from flying on Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworldŽ airlines, JetBlue, and GOL Airlines). This includes:
  • Basic Economy tickets on American
  • All status bonuses earned when flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines

In the above, what defines an "eligible partner airline" where you earn Status Bonuses as Loyalty Points?

How do I earn Loyalty Points on flights marketed by oneworld airlines vs flights marketed by American Airlines or JetBlue?
  • Flights marketed by oneworld airlines: Loyalty Point eligible miles include base miles earned according to the distance flown plus cabin bonuses where applicable. Both the base miles and cabin bonus miles earned will count toward Loyalty Points
  • Flights marketed by American Airlines and JetBlue: Loyalty Point eligible miles include base miles earned according to the ticket price (excluding government-imposed taxes and fees). No cabin bonus applies.
    • In the case of an exception – when you earn miles based on the distance flown (i.e. bulk fares, consolidator fares and cases when the ticket/fare details are not available at the time your flight is posted), a cabin bonus may apply. In that case, Loyalty Points will be determined according to the base miles earned and, if applicable, the cabin bonus.

Here, the "...marketed by oneworld airlines..." excludes any mention of Elite Status Bonuses and states "base miles and cabin bonuses" counting towards Loyalty Points.

So, this is the basis of my confusion. Honestly, I don't believe we will earn Elite Status Bonus Miles Loyalty Points while flying most OneWorld Partners. Only specific American Airlines partners. We will earn those points when flying on an American Airlines Marketed and Ticketed route and if a partner (BA, IB, JL, etc.) is the operator of any of those legs with an AA Flight Number code share.

We will earn the Status Bonus Miles LPs on JetBlue... and maybe JB only. I did not go through the entire list of non-OneWorld Partners.

Again, I could be wrong.
Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:17 pm Reason: Moderator Edit TOS 12
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
So from what I understand LPs for partners are basically the old RDMs, which were based on Distance, Cabin and then Status adjustment.
So I basically updated an old model I had to quickly reflect them, it's hard to get clear info from AA, so using the charts and then updating the database.
Right. In the realm of EQMs and EQDs, that which actually earned Status, I never received additional EQM or EQD because of my status when on a marketed OneWorld carrier. Just actual accrued mileage for Awards. Nothing for status. I have flown Iberia, British Airways, Qatar, Cathay, and Japan Airlines on both AA Marketed and the discrete carrier marketed. I only earned Status Bonuses for EQMs when the ticket was marketed and sold by American Airlines. And never a bonus for EQDs.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
OK. I guess I need to scrub AA's Elite Status and new Loyalty Points pages a bit more to find this nugget. OMAAT is a great resource but I am not seeing this information on any of the AAdvantage Carrier Partner pages. I fly plenty of OneWorld partners and have Lifetime Elite Status plus have been PlatPro or ExPlat for years on top of that... and the only Elite Bonus earned are on Award Mileage, not on Status EQDs or EQMs.

Here is information from the Loyalty Points Page: https://exploreamerican.com/newaadvantage/

There are two parts of the FAQ that seem contradictory. The first is vague and the second is exclusionary.

Which AAdvantageŽ miles count toward earning Loyalty Points?

In the air: All base miles earned from flying on Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworldŽ airlines, JetBlue, and GOL Airlines). This includes:
  • Basic Economy tickets on American
  • All status bonuses earned when flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines

In the above, what defines an "eligible partner airline" where you earn Status Bonuses as Loyalty Points?

How do I earn Loyalty Points on flights marketed by oneworld airlines vs flights marketed by American Airlines or JetBlue?
  • Flights marketed by oneworld airlines: Loyalty Point eligible miles include base miles earned according to the distance flown plus cabin bonuses where applicable. Both the base miles and cabin bonus miles earned will count toward Loyalty Points
  • Flights marketed by American Airlines and JetBlue: Loyalty Point eligible miles include base miles earned according to the ticket price (excluding government-imposed taxes and fees). No cabin bonus applies.
    • In the case of an exception – when you earn miles based on the distance flown (i.e. bulk fares, consolidator fares and cases when the ticket/fare details are not available at the time your flight is posted), a cabin bonus may apply. In that case, Loyalty Points will be determined according to the base miles earned and, if applicable, the cabin bonus.

Here, the "...marketed by oneworld airlines..." excludes any mention of Elite Status Bonuses and states "base miles and cabin bonuses" counting towards Loyalty Points.

So, this is the basis of my confusion. Honestly, I don't believe we will earn Elite Status Bonus Miles Loyalty Points while flying most OneWorld Partners. Only specific American Airlines partners. We will earn those points when flying on an American Airlines Marketed and Ticketed route and if a partner (BA, IB, JL, etc.) is the operator of any of those legs with an AA Flight Number code share.

We will earn the Status Bonus Miles LPs on JetBlue... and maybe JB only. I did not go through the entire list of non-OneWorld Partners.

Again, I could be wrong.
Elite bonus applies to partners just as it did before LPs. A more appropriate place to discuss: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...te-status.html

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:20 pm Reason: Conform edited quote and Moderator edit TOS 12
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Elite bonus applies to partners just as it did before LPs. A more appropriate place to discuss: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...te-status.html
Did you see what I wrote in that long email. That is directly from The American Airlines AAdvantage Loyalty Points site. There are two types of Partner Airlines. American Airlines Partners and OneWorld Partners. The two are not classified the same.

The Wiki is not an AAdvantage product. I am sitting here questioning the accuracy of what everyone thinks... because if you understand anything about contracts and contract law, the information I pasted above (right from the Loyalty Points website on aa.com) could prove you wrong. There is "exclusionary language" following OneWorld Partners of which, this OP is referencing -- British Airways LAX-LHR-BOM.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:23 pm Reason: Conform edited post; Moderator edit TOS 12 comments
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:52 pm

AA status qualifying LPs for BA are here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...sh-airways.jsp

LPs on partner marketed flights include cabin bonus for certain fares and NO status bonus. This particular fare in PE T will earn only distance-based LPs with no cabin bonus. (The status bonus is earned on AA marketed flights, where LP earning is based on price of ticket.)

I may be wrong, but I believe Loyalty Points and Award Miles are separate entities: the former for attaining status, the latter for award redemption.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.