Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: PremEcon LAX-BOM $1410

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: PremEcon LAX-BOM $1410

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
I may be wrong, but I believe Loyalty Points and Award Miles are separate entities: the former for attaining status, the latter for award redemption.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I think the elite bonus will count when flying oneworld airlines

From https://exploreamerican.com/newaadvantage/

Which AAdvantage® miles count toward earning Loyalty Points?

In the air: All base miles earned from flying on Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworld® airlines, JetBlue, and GOL Airlines). This includes:
  • Basic Economy tickets on American
  • All status bonuses earned when flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines
Note that 'all status bonuses' earned from 'eligible partner airlines' count towards LP. Oneworld airlines is included under partners, presumably, unless they suddenly decide to deem it 'ineligible'. https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...r-airlines.jsp
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oldAGE
I am throwing in the towel on this topic. I wish @skunker and others the best. Just beware. I believe that I am correct so you may want to wait to see how those who fly OneWorld Partners (not the same as American Airline Partners) see how Loyalty Points Post on the likes of BA, Qatar, JAL, IB, etc compared to those who fly JetBlue (not a OneWorld member but an American Airlines Partner also generating Loyalty Points) before banking your Status Earnings for 2023 on flying OneWorld carriers other than American Airlines (and Jet Blue).

Again, "Eligible" is the operative word for Loyalty Points generated by Elite Status Bonus Mileage. And as skunker has pointed out how wrong I am over and over again (not reading my own posts and links... REALLY? You actually wrote that). I even commented how I interpreted each section that I pasted. But, I for one will not be banking on any earnings of Loyalty Points from my ExPlat Status when traveling on OneWorld Marketed Tickets other than American Airlines (and their eligible Partner Jet Blue).

I imagine someone has already flown with a partner carrier this year and posted about the mileage/LPs accrued on the AA forum.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I imagine someone has already flown with a partner carrier this year and posted about the mileage/LPs accrued on the AA forum.
I don't think they start until March. New Annual cycle process. I already have six American flights under my belt and no LP tool.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't think they start until March. New Annual cycle process. I already have six American flights under my belt and no LP tool.
I was under the impression we can currently "double dip" until the end of February, meaning that whatever we earn counts for 2022 status under old rules and 2023 status with LPs

Perhaps you can call AA and ask them what the flights you have taken credited for 2023?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
I was under the impression we can currently "double dip" until the end of February, meaning that whatever we earn counts for 2022 status under old rules and 2023 status with LPs

Perhaps you can call AA and ask them what the flights you have taken credited for 2023?
Yes. You double dip for Jan/Feb 2022. You can Earn Status for 2022 now via the old mechanisms of EQDs/EQMs through 28 Feb. At the same time, flights starting on 1 Jan 2022 earn Loyalty Points (new program) but that program will now commence on 1 March and run 1 March through end of February the following year. So, you will get an extra two months in 2022 to earn Loyalty Points for 2023 status earnings via Loyalty Points (and 2022 via Loyalty Points for that matter) AND the EQMs/EQDs at the same time until 28 Feb. After that Only Loyalty Points.

Your future Status (2022 and later) will now end at the February rather than the end of January (and previous earnings were only valid within the calendar year).

But, there is currently no Loyalty Points Tool available to AAdvantage customers. Only the old EQM/EQD/EQS tool. All my trips are recorded and documented correctly under that old program. I suspect once they launch the new tool for Loyalty Points, those will be accurate according to their schedule table along with my Elite Status Bonus additions.

Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
No one knows how many LP people are actually earning until at least March 1, 2022, LP don't actually exist until at least that date, until then it's all theoretical and open to interpretation and change by AA.
oldAGE likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:37 am

Well, let's hope the elite status bonus on partner marketed flights counting as LPs is true; it would allow me to maintain Platinum status with only two cheap business class trips to Europe from the West coast. (If one looks at the earning charts for 2022 onward flights, the status bonus is mentioned only on the AA and Jet Blue-marketed flights. In the outgoing program, the status bonus miles were accrued for Award miles on Oneworld partner marketed flights, not for EQMs.) On AA's webpage, the partner mileage calculation makes no mention of the status bonus.

Last edited by SanDiegoTrvllr; Jan 19, 2022 at 11:55 am
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
Well, let's hope the elite status bonus on partner marketed flights counting as LPs is true; it would allow me to maintain Platinum status with only two cheap business class trips to Europe from the West coast. (If one looks at the earning charts for 2022 onward flights, the status bonus is mentioned only on the AA and Jet Blue-marketed flights. In the outgoing program, the status bonus miles were accrued for Award miles on Oneworld partner marketed flights, not for EQMs.) On AA's webpage, the partner mileage calculation makes no mention of the status bonus.

Right. That's what I have been saying. Be careful here. Look at the current LP tables for OneWorld Partners for flights commencing 1 Jan 2022 and onward... Cabin Bonus mentioned. Nothing more. The assumption that one would use the American Airlines Elite Status Bonus table to apply to BA, IB, QR, etc. is well, wishful thinking. And when was the last time that American AAdvantage was that generous? It was the mid-2000s.... and never to be seen again. That's why the program is leveraged at $32 billion plus or minus.... Anyway. I guess we will see later in February.

Originally Posted by Beckles
No one knows how many LP people are actually earning until at least March 1, 2022, LP don't actually exist until at least that date, until then it's all theoretical and open to interpretation and change by AA.
Right we are. As of this email from AAdvantage today, 21 Jan:

View AAdvantage® partners that earn Loyalty Points »
See 2022 earn rates for all partner airlines »

These updates are part of the new AAdvantage® program we announced in October, where you have more ways to earn status just by earning Loyalty Points. Starting in early March, you’ll see all the Loyalty Points you’ve earned so far in 2022.
olouie likes this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:38 pm Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Right we are. As of this email from AAdvantage today, 21 Jan:

View AAdvantage® partners that earn Loyalty Points »
See 2022 earn rates for all partner airlines »

These updates are part of the new AAdvantage® program we announced in October, where you have more ways to earn status just by earning Loyalty Points. Starting in early March, you’ll see all the Loyalty Points you’ve earned so far in 2022.

Which AAdvantage® miles count toward earning Loyalty Points?

In the air: All base miles earned from flying on Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworld® airlines, JetBlue, and GOL Airlines). This includes:
  • Basic Economy tickets on American
  • All status bonuses earned when flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 24, 2022 at 4:30 pm Reason: Moderator Edits TOS 12
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand the confusion here.

The previously quoted FAQ clearly states that status bonuses on OW airlines count as loyalty points.

The amount of the status bonus is given here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...p#mileagebonus

If you look at any OW partner earning page (eg https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp for JL) and scroll down to where it says "AAdvantage Status Benefits", it lists "status mileage bonus" with a link to the page I mentioned above.

So, combining these two pieces of information, we know that you receive a status bonus, and we know (from the LP FAQ) that the status bonus will count as LP. This is all from AA's website. It's not conjecture; it's just reading the information that AA has provided.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This thread has drifted off topic from a discussion of a fare into debating off topic items and therefore will be closed.

Ryandc99
Moderator Mileage Runs
Werty7777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.