Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP : YYZ- LHR US$1,094 RT Business

Old Jan 9, 22, 5:06 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- GF Link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Source : Mighty Travels Premium - Detailed information - TAP - Toronto - London - $1,094 RT - Business Class
scaredflyer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 22, 5:16 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
24+ hr layover in LIS? Is that even a "legal" stopover? If Google was able to price it, then I guess so...
Old Jan 9, 22, 5:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
24+ hr layover in LIS? Is that even a "legal" stopover? If Google was able to price it, then I guess so...
You need that on the return to avoid the APD ex-London... Happens with other airlines that allow stopovers such as Icelandic...
Old Jan 9, 22, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC SE
Out of curiosity, why are these cheap TP fares on GF always "Call Tap Air Portugal to book" or you have to go through an OTA?

I can usually find the same fares on TP's website for slightly more.
Old Jan 9, 22, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
Out of curiosity, why are these cheap TP fares on GF always "Call Tap Air Portugal to book" or you have to go through an OTA?

I can usually find the same fares on TP's website for slightly more.
You can book those via the TAP website if you add the stopover. On other dates this fare is also available without the long layover for a bit over $1200. This one can also be booked without a problem via an OTA or TAP website
capedreamer and vincewy like this.
Old Jan 10, 22, 7:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
You need that on the return to avoid the APD ex-London... Happens with other airlines that allow stopovers such as Icelandic...
You can book a shorter connection (and pay the APD) for $1601.01 (CAD) or $1264 (USD).

Probably cheaper than a 24+ hour layover in LIS (hotel + meals + possibly an extra Covid-19 test).

Flyinghobby likes this.
Old Jan 10, 22, 8:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Yeah, APD nowadays might be cheaper than spending time in LIS and an extra Covid-19 test.
Old Jan 10, 22, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Yeah, APD nowadays might be cheaper than spending time in LIS and an extra Covid-19 test.
If I could work it out that I could visit LON and then stay a day or two in LIS for < $1100 (USD) it could be a very good deal.
Old Jan 10, 22, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
If I could work it out that I could visit LON and then stay a day or two in LIS for < $1100 (USD) it could be a very good deal.
Yeah very tempting price. Issue for me is committing to fixed dates at this point, especially given the notoriously restrictive fare rules for TP.

Search this Thread