Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA : ORD - MEX $600 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:59 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- GF Link
- thanks to AA's very accommodating routing rules you can push this to around 9-10k Alaska miles earned (before elite bonuses)

- similarly it should be possible to route via JFK and use the AM 787 if you are interested in DL MQMs

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Source : Mighty Travels Premium - Detailed information - American Airlines - Chicago - Mexico City - $600 RT - Business Class
nk15 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
If you are going to post "Deals" shouldn't they be cheaper than "typical for your trip" like it shows in the screenshots? If you look at Google flights over the next 12 months the price graph shows the business average at $591 most of the time. This is what is the main problem with this forum thread. We subscribe to this thread to get business deals but most of what I see is run of the mill junk, like spam. It's like the boy who cried wolf and devalues your own brand.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:30 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Always a tough crowd on FT
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by daninstl
.... It's like the boy who cried wolf and devalues your own brand.
Oh snap, the boy who called out the emperor for being naked smacks down the boy who cried wolf...

Last edited by nk15; Jan 5, 2022 at 7:26 pm
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
If you are going to post "Deals" shouldn't they be cheaper than "typical for your trip" like it shows in the screenshots? If you look at Google flights over the next 12 months the price graph shows the business average at $591 most of the time. This is what is the main problem with this forum thread. We subscribe to this thread to get business deals but most of what I see is run of the mill junk, like spam. It's like the boy who cried wolf and devalues your own brand.
Business class fares from the US to Mexico and Central America have always been well below $700 - $800 this time of year. I have seen fares at the level of the OP from ORD to MEX, MGA, SAL and others most of what would be considered "off season" for several years.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Business class fares from the US to Mexico and Central America have always been well below $700 - $800 this time of year. I have seen fares at the level of the OP from ORD to MEX, MGA, SAL and others most of what would be considered "off season" for several years.
-CORRECT! To demonstrate this, I can also offer OP an alternative deal in J:
AA:
Jan 22: ORD-MIA-GUA
Jan 26 GUA-MIA-CLT-ORD
$515 a.i.
tobikosan likes this.

Last edited by Alex_I; Jan 7, 2022 at 12:37 am Reason: wrong way of posting snap
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
I always hate to be negative. I want to send business the direction of folks that have great deals but it's gotta be an actual deal. It dilutes this forum area and even your own brand to post run-of-the-mill prices.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I always hate to be negative. I want to send business the direction of folks that have great deals but it's gotta be an actual deal. It dilutes this forum area and even your own brand to post run-of-the-mill prices.
IMO it is worse than that. These posts drive visits to their sites (aka revenue).
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Their main function is to push down and bury the real deals into page two of the forum, which is good, so they don't get burned by overexposure...
work2fly likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:04 am

GUA, SAL, SAP are all really cheap and definitely a lot of fun to explore, for folks who are more adventurous of course. I had a lot of fun doing and OJ, into SAP and then out of GUA, did Copan Ruinas, Lake Atitlan, and much more. Check out the yt channel in my signature if anyone is interested, but if you just want to do MR, this may not be the best in CPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.