Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

IB/LA: GIG to MAD from $960

IB/LA: GIG to MAD from $960

Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Pure LATAM operated so would earn with AS and Delta

Google Flights

GIG-MAD would earn 16206 MQMs 3241 MQDs 3.23 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 29171 RDMs, Platinum 24849 RDMs, Gold 22688 RDMs, Silver 20528 RDMs, Base 16206 RDMs
MaxVO, Cthunder86 and jonr405 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:19 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MaxVO
It goes without saying that our discussions here can be put to good use. I'm just disappointed that AS publishes earning tables and does not disclose same info with equal clarity.
Well, it is and always has been about knowing the T&C's. Read them (or don't at your peril.)
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rbAA
You do realize that the flights I found are not codeshare, so your point is irrelevant (i.e. has nothing to do with the issue at hand.) Thanks for playing.
The post I replied to was your reply to my post, which was about the CODESHARE flight numbers. Maybe need to make sure to follow the subject matter at hand.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:42 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The post I replied to was your reply to my post, which was about the CODESHARE flight numbers. Maybe need to make sure to follow the subject matter at hand.
Actually, not. It was about AS earning on LA and IB flights without any mention of codeshares, until later.
As shown by your actual words:
"This isn't true. Being both partners doesn't matter. LA is not part of One-word anymore, thus only Latam marketed and operated flights earn.
Click on the DETAILS section under LATAM on AS website for partner earnings."
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:15 am

Does anybody know how LA flights earn on QR program?

just had an email from them stating this:

Name, enjoy even greater rewards when you fly across South America with LATAM Airlines, and earn double Qmiles on flights booked by 15 February 2022.

Travel to Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, Santiago and many other cities in Brazil & Latin America via our gateway, Sao Paolo.

With double Qmiles, enjoy award flights, upgrades, extra baggage allowance and much more on your next adventure with us. Learn more

All you have to do is quote your Privilege Club membership number when booking with LATAM Airlines, or at check-in.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Does anybody know how LA flights earn on QR program?

just had an email from them stating this:

Name, enjoy even greater rewards when you fly across South America with LATAM Airlines, and earn double Qmiles on flights booked by 15 February 2022.

Travel to Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, Santiago and many other cities in Brazil & Latin America via our gateway, Sao Paolo.

With double Qmiles, enjoy award flights, upgrades, extra baggage allowance and much more on your next adventure with us. Learn more

All you have to do is quote your Privilege Club membership number when booking with LATAM Airlines, or at check-in.
As above, LATAM no longer being in OW, only LA or QR code LA operated earn. IB coded, LA operated doesn't earn.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rbAA
Actually, not. It was about AS earning on LA and IB flights without any mention of codeshares, until later.
As shown by your actual words:
"This isn't true. Being both partners doesn't matter. LA is not part of One-word anymore, thus only Latam marketed and operated flights earn.
Click on the DETAILS section under LATAM on AS website for partner earnings."
You seem to not follow the thread of quoted and replied posts.. The post you 1st replied to is correct. You don't earn on LA operated flights unless they are coded as LA or (if such thing exists as AS) in AS program. The listing of other flight numbers are all LA flights, just for regulatory reasons, the operating carrier is not LATAM, but LATAM PERU, LATAM BRAZIL, etc thus LATAM uses different sequences ofnumbers for them... As the fare was about IB codeshares, this means no earns in AS program. AS earnings go by marketing carrier, codeshares only earn if both marketed/operating are both OW or if marketed as non-OW if operating carrier is AS.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You seem to not follow the thread of quoted and replied posts.. The post you 1st replied to is correct. You don't earn on LA operated flights unless they are coded as LA or (if such thing exists as AS) in AS program. The listing of other flight numbers are all LA flights, just for regulatory reasons, the operating carrier is not LATAM, but LATAM PERU, LATAM BRAZIL, etc thus LATAM uses different sequences ofnumbers for them... As the fare was about IB codeshares, this means no earns in AS program. AS earnings go by marketing carrier, codeshares only earn if both marketed/operating are both OW or if marketed as non-OW if operating carrier is AS.
Sure, the OP's first post had a codeshare that didn't earn AS miles, but I mentioned other alternatives and the OP did as well in Post 16. Nowadays, seems that LAN is LA no matter which country is designated, Peru, Brasil, Chile, etc, as long as it has the correct flight number for AS earning. You are trying to slice the baloney too thin here, as there are LA flights about the price and level of service specified in the OP. Don't discourage people from finding the best deal for them.
Cthunder86 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.