Wiki Posts
Search

SIN - MEL in A $S4311 OW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: most
SIN - MEL in A $S4311 OW

SAVES A ROUND $12000 ON THE RACK RATE _(QF SYD to MEL) Wide open on BA for April May and June, even cheaper if you get off at SYD
https://www.google.com.au/travel/fli..._8BQAFIBJgBAg&

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...esearch=SINMEL
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: British Airways
paying 4k for 7h red eye in world's best business class doesn't sound like the best deal out there..
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sluneckov
paying 4k for 7h red eye in world's best business class doesn't sound like the best deal out there..
It's actually a First, nut business fare. Regardless, awful rate.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's actually a First, nut business fare. Regardless, awful rate.
World's Best Business Class is an FT joke regarding BA First not being a First level product but J+, I think SFO777 was one of the first to use the phrase but might be wrong....
N1120A and jerry a. laska like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jfkeze
World's Best Business Class is an FT joke regarding BA First not being a First level product but J+, I think SFO777 was one of the first to use the phrase but might be wrong....
I thiught it was QF operated by looking at OP.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I thiught it was QF operated by looking at OP.
Google link in OP is clear.
British Airways First Class Boeing 787 BA 15
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skunker
Google link in OP is clear.
Actually it's not clear (at least on mobile version) till you click on actual flight option.

Also the bolded section states QF. Yes, BA is mentioned, but the OP is not really clear.

Originally Posted by datexan
SAVES A ROUND $12000 ON THE RACK RATE _(QF SYD to MEL) Wide open on BA for April May and June, even cheaper if you get off at SYD
https://www.google.com.au/travel/fli..._8BQAFIBJgBAg&

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...esearch=SINMEL
PanAmSam likes this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 22, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The bolded section mentions QF from SYD to MEL.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Actually it's not clear (at least on mobile version) till you click on actual flight option.

Also the bolded section states QF. Yes, BA is mentioned, but the OP is not really clear.
That's not the best argument. It doesn't list ANY airline on mobile until you click through. You wouldn't know the second one was on Singapore unless you clicked through. But, guess what, you can't buy it unless you click through and then its quite obvious.

jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skunker
That's not the best argument. It doesn't list ANY airline on mobile until you click through. You wouldn't know the second one was on Singapore unless you clicked through. But, guess what, you can't buy it unless you click through and then its quite obvious.

Not sure why we're arguing over this. However no flights show the airline using link provided (as i showed) and the OP states QF. The mention of BA is there but made me think OP was talking about buying from BA or codeshare with BA marketing. (They are after all partners)
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:25 pm

Not sure why we're arguing over this. However no flights show the airline using link provided (as i showed) and the OP states QF. The mention of BA is there but made me think OP was talking about buying from BA or codeshare with BA marketing. (They are after all partners)
You showed that on your mobile device. I clicked on the original poster's link on a computer and immediately saw BA clearly listed.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
This thread is a really hoot.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:00 am

I don't get all the anti-BA First stuff.

True, if you want a REAL First, fly SQ, EK etc. However, BA usually prices it's F keenly and is hardly never on par cost wise with SQ etc. I recently paid £1900 for a return trip from Inverness (Scotland) to Chicago via LHR in BA F. I considered it excellent value for money.

Looking at random dates in May for SIN - SYD return (11/5 OB, 25/5 IB as an example) BA F is £2985 return, SQ F is £4165 return. They both have their place in the market.

Another thing I like about BA F is there is that the majority of their aircraft have an F cabin so Avios availability is usually decent.

And just to throw my two cents in re the 'is it QF or is it BA' thing - i've only flown QF F twice so limited experience. But it was most definitely nothing to write home about either. Maybe like a teeny weeny fraction above the BA experience but again nothing like SQ/EK/AF etc
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 108912

True, if you want a REAL First, fly SQ, EK etc. However, BA usually prices it's F keenly and is hardly never on par cost wise with SQ etc. I recently paid £1900 for a return trip from Inverness (Scotland) to Chicago via LHR in BA F. I considered it excellent value for money.

Looking at random dates in May for SIN - SYD return (11/5 OB, 25/5 IB as an example) BA F is £2985 return, SQ F is £4165 return. They both have their place in the market.

Another thing I like about BA F is there is that the majority of their aircraft have an F cabin so Avios availability is usually decent.

And just to throw my two cents in re the 'is it QF or is it BA' thing - i've only flown QF F twice so limited experience. But it was most definitely nothing to write home about either. Maybe like a teeny weeny fraction above the BA experience but again nothing like SQ/EK/AF etc
All very valid points. However, for a $3100USD one-way fare, at $1.43/mile(!) it's definitely not a competitive offering for this forum; I think that's where a large amount of the pushback is coming from.
108912 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Apparently you do get it.

True, if you want a REAL First, fly SQ, EK etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.