Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV/Saudia ATH/IST - JFK. 1290 EUR. Not bookable ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SV/Saudia ATH/IST - JFK. 1290 EUR. Not bookable ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Guys be aware that you can’t fly Ist Saudy because of the ban. I tried this fare this summer and I was denied boarding so be aware of the risk. Is a wonderful fare but Turkey is not allowed, you can’t even transit
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
International transit is currently prohibited in Saudi Arabia. It’s not somewhere you want to get stuck.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:15 pm

Also be aware, Saudia is a great airline. Food, service and soft product are great but there is no alcohol at all on board.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
International transit is currently prohibited in Saudi Arabia. It’s not somewhere you want to get stuck.
I believe this is only true fir travel to/from a "restricted" country. Ie Brazil, Turkey, Venezuela, etc ..
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by high.and.above
Guys be aware that you can’t fly Ist Saudy because of the ban. I tried this fare this summer and I was denied boarding so be aware of the risk. Is a wonderful fare but Turkey is not allowed, you can’t even transit
While this may have been true in Summer, that's an eternity ago in this Covid-world. The Timatic regulations currently state regarding transit:
2. Passengers arriving from Afghanistan, Brazil, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Pakistan, Turkey or Viet Nam are not allowed to transit.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
International transit is currently prohibited in Saudi Arabia.
Sorry, but that's simply not true.

It’s not somewhere you want to get stuck.
How on earth would you get stuck in KSA? The airline wouldn't carry you there if your paperwork were not aligned with Saudi entry or transit regulations.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Back on topic with this thread... I've been playing around with the dumpster fire that this fare is, but failing to price something along the lines of ATH/IST-JED/RUH-CGK-JED/RUH-JFK-JED/RUH-TUN/ATH/IST... am I missing something or do the rules indicate that this won't be possible?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Back on topic with this thread... I've been playing around with the dumpster fire that this fare is, but failing to price something along the lines of ATH/IST-JED/RUH-CGK-JED/RUH-JFK-JED/RUH-TUN/ATH/IST... am I missing something or do the rules indicate that this won't be possible?
a stopover can't exceed 15 days. so max 15 days in JFK/CGK. Also, the last segment should be before 6 months after the first segment.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by high.and.above
can you please let us know how did you book (agent / airline) and if you got your money back?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by _fx
I’m sure you mean well, but you are wrong, and but for the benefit of everyone else, please stop posting on this forum. Thank you.
This is not a polite attitude to take and simply saying someone is wrong, period, comes across as arrogant to me..
st8dm likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
This is not a polite attitude to take and simply saying someone is wrong, period, comes across as arrogant to me..
Saying stop posting isn't right. However pointing out something is wrong is perfectly ok. After all, attack the statement, not the person.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:45 pm

Do I understand it correctly that PCR Test is required even for transit? That would be a siginificant impact in relation to additional costs and effort as it has to be done a few times on such an itineary.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by st8dm
can you please let us know how did you book (agent / airline) and if you got your money back?
i m an agent myself so I booked it on Sabre. The fare was refundable minus some fees, I believe that out of 1300$ I got back like 600$. I was not to upset, it was fun playing with the fare and building the itinerary.
st8dm likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
While this may have been true in Summer, that's an eternity ago in this Covid-world. The Timatic regulations currently state regarding transit:
if you need some focusing help, Istanbul is a city in Turkey therefore you can’t transit and furthermore if you need just a bit more insight, Turkey is banned not because of covid but because of political issues that I m not going to mention here. Just Google political issues Turkey And Saudy Arabia and you will find yourself enlighten. Airlines, in specially Saudia is not necessarily following the Timatic, they have agents at their bases and they call to confirm what is allow and what is not, as I found sometimes they are not right and I fought with one and I was right and then they let me board, but that was on another fare with another story
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry, but that's simply not true.

How on earth would you get stuck in KSA? The airline wouldn't carry you there if your paperwork were not aligned with Saudi entry or transit regulations.

I’m sorry, you’re right. However the rules have only changed very recently. The British Foreign office website is still saying there are no transit flights (which isn’t necessarily the same as no transits allowed, but effectively the same as when you arrive in Riyadh or Jeddah you are forced to clear customs before doing anything else).

Also, I’ve had the pleasure of 23 hours in the company of Saudi boarder patrol before being shipped back to the UK after I was permitted onto a Saudi flight with an expired visa (Saudi Arabia measure visa duration in years which are 354 days long, not 365 days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.