Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
I had an overnight layover and when trying to get my second boarding pass reprinted with my ff # they asked for everything. May have been isolated.
I won't be staying so just doing the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU route. Hopefully I can just take the anti-gen test at the BCN airtport
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Is the offer still valid around end of July/early August? I've been checking and it doesn't seem to be the case but just wanted to make sure!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
asian_crossfitter when I checked few days ago, the fare was until end of May. If you want for July/August you might check in the next 1-2 months.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

on the bright side for me, my repositioning flight to Spain went without a hitch and I just confirmed my La Premiere upgrade for $1000
Hi Airborne,

the upgrade was on the AM issued ticket? If so, were you allowed to use La Premiere lounge?

Thanks,
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
deleted.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Feb 2, 2022 at 5:42 am Reason: wrong forum context
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi Airborne,

the upgrade was on the AM issued ticket? If so, were you allowed to use La Premiere lounge?

Thanks,
yes and yes. I did get a printed AF boarding pass which I’m now trying to use to get the appropriate MQD and MQM earn from Delta.
more4less likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:07 am

Hello,

In GRU they could not check me all the way to BCN because the 2nd and 3rd leg are operated by AF.
Do I have to enter in MEX through immigration and go to AF for check in or in one AM connection Desk they will be able to give me the BP?
Thanks!

Not sure if others mentioned, but no lounge @ GRU, not a big deal but still surprising. Glad that I did not come very early to the airport.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:08 am

yes and yes. I did get a printed AF boarding pass which I’m now trying to use to get the appropriate MQD and MQM earn from Delta.
Did not get any offer, guess they know I cannot afford it
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

In GRU they could not check me all the way to BCN because the 2nd and 3rd leg are operated by AF.
Do I have to enter in MEX through immigration and go to AF for check in or in one AM connection Desk they will be able to give me the BP?
Thanks!

Not sure if others mentioned, but no lounge @ GRU, not a big deal but still surprising. Glad that I did not come very early to the airport.
Uncommon but things like this happen from time to time. You will go through immigration in MEX regardless if you continue with AM or AF, I would suggest to pick your boarding pass right after the passport control (transfer desk will be on your right before you come to agricultural check before leaving). You need the BP for your connecting flight to be able to use the train to the other terminal which serves AF. If they are unable to give you boarding pass at MEX AM transfer desk, I'd just show copy of your ticket to be able to board a train between terminals and pick up the rest at AF/KL check in.

As it goes for the lounge, there was none available at GRU last week, where were you sent with AM ticket?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Uncommon but things like this happen from time to time. You will go through immigration in MEX regardless if you continue with AM or AF, I would suggest to pick your boarding pass right after the passport control (transfer desk will be on your right before you come to agricultural check before leaving). You need the BP for your connecting flight to be able to use the train to the other terminal which serves AF. If they are unable to give you boarding pass at MEX AM transfer desk, I'd just show copy of your ticket to be able to board a train between terminals and pick up the rest at AF/KL check in.

As it goes for the lounge, there was none available at GRU last week, where were you sent with AM ticket?
Thanks for your fast and detailed reply 747jetter,

IIRC in the ticket it mentioned that they offer a Cobus transfers between the terminals, if it is not the case, I will use the train.

No lounge or voucher offered .
Next to the gates there is an Starbucks and a local coffee shop.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
As for the GRU lounge situation: I would highly recommend walking over to T3 (5-10 minutes, all airside). T2 is a pretty horrible, cramped and crowded space with just some coffeeshops. T3 is much more modern and has more options. There are also two Priority Pass/Amex lounges. Both the Amex Lounge and the Espaco Banco Safra were quite nice, with the latter being extremely quiet.

I came in from Rio on the same day and arrived quite early at GRU, so was happy to be able to spend the time at T3.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, indeed the trek between GRU T2 and T3 is quite long but well worth it if several hours to spend airside. I confirm that T3 is far larger, better and newer than T2; most international flights depart from T3 (except AV from T2; at least that was the situation 2 years ago).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:46 pm

Thanks for your tips regarding lounges.

I checked yesterday night and the Amex lounge only opened at 11am, IIRC.

Agree that T2 is not nice but did not feel cramped at 8/9am and to seat for one hour it was OK.

AM changed the aircraft from 787-9 to 787-8 but did not have anyone seating next to me so it was fine.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:45 pm

For those of you who have flown AM or AF on the leg between CDG and MEX, which did you prefer?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
For those of you who have flown AM or AF on the leg between CDG and MEX, which did you prefer?
I did AM this Friday. The hard product is the best for sleeping, the food is fine, the crew is as always bad. If you want to drink champagne and have better lounge on departure, take AF. If you care about sleeping from take off to landing, take AM. If you want to have pleasant everything, do what you can to be on KL.
uanj, Airborne Brat, Mrt01 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.