Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Jan 11, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Forget the Hilton, unless there's a particular reason you need the Morumbi location, a good 10 km from downtown.
As I understood it the OP was inquiring about hotels in CDMX, not SP.

For better location closer to the airport but still prime location near the Zacalo, you could try to Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico city which is in an interesting historical building. I enjoyed staying there a few years ago. It is usually much cheaper than the Hilton Mexico City on Av. Juarez/near Paseo de la Reforma.
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 11:03 am

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MarkCron View Post
That is really good to know I will not need test to enter Spain. Thank you for the reply!
But somebody mentioned antigen <24 hours is fine too so it means as long as it is taken at 6pm on 25th JAN, it is good to enter Brazil too
MarkCron and Airborne Brat like this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Always good to have an opportunity to expand your understanding ......

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat View Post
Good to know it's an avoidable hotel. I'll go explore Mexico City instead now I just need to decide on the IC or Hilton in SP.
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Select, Marriott Gold, Caesar’s Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post

For better location closer to the airport but still prime location near the Zacalo, you could try to Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico city which is in an interesting historical building. I enjoyed staying there a few years ago. It is usually much cheaper than the Hilton Mexico City on Av. Juarez/near Paseo de la Reforma.
Both actually This is only my second time in Mexico and the first in CDMX and my first time in Brazil so I need all the advice I can get
Old Jan 11, 22, 12:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
I know some of you have already done this as well as SAT-MEX-MAD/BCN, so ....

I am looking for advice on when/what/where tests I should be getting for the following trip.
1/23 Test in Michigan (what type needed for entry to Spain) I could do test in MEX on 1/24. I should probably do both
If I do test in MEX on 1/24, would it be valid to get me into Spain and also into Brazil (flight takes off 1/26, but MEX-GRU is on 1/27)?
Can do test in GRU 1/28 to get into CDG/BCN 1/30
Test in MEX on 1/29 or 2/1 to get back into US on 2/1

DTW-SAT 1/23 9PM-11:30PM

SAT-MEX 1/24 1:15PM-3:25PM
MEX-MAD 1/24 7:10PM-1:00PM (1/25)
MAD-BCN 1/25 3:10PM-4:30PM

BCN-CDG 1/26 6PM-8PM
CDG-MEX 1/26 11PM-4:25AM (1/27)
MEX-GRU 1/27 10:15AM -11PM

GRU-MEX 1/29 9:55AM-4:15PM
MEX-CDG 1/29 10:45PM-4:25PM (1/30)
CDG-BCN 1/30 9:05PM-10:55PM

BCN-MAD 1/31 8:30PM-10PM
MAD-MEX 1/31 11:20PM-4:45AM (2/1)
MEX-SAT 2/1 9:50AM-12:00PM

SAT-DTW 2/1 3:30PM-7:30PM
Out of curiosity, how many XPs would you get from this flight??
Old Jan 11, 22, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter View Post
Out of curiosity, how many XPs would you get from this flight??
I don't know, I am in it for the DL MQDs, and what is shown is getting $14,500 MQDs. A ton of MQMs/RDMs as well, but I am doing it for the MQDs.
DL MQMs for the AM flights end up ~53k.
DL RDMs for the AM flights end up ~71k (I think)
Old Jan 11, 22, 12:55 pm

I don't know, I am in it for the DL MQDs, and what is shown is getting $14,500 MQDs. A ton of MQMs/RDMs as well, but I am doing it for the MQDs.
DL MQMs for the AM flights end up ~53k.
DL RDMs for the AM flights end up ~71k (I think)
Ah ok. Cool. I see BCN-MEX-GRU return at 153 XP. I did wonder if this is the maxed out XP for this leg!
Old Jan 11, 22, 2:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter View Post
Ah ok. Cool. I see BCN-MEX-GRU return at 153 XP. I did wonder if this is the maxed out XP for this leg!
Actually 162XP (2x 15, 2x 30 and 2x 36).
That's maxed out; fare rules don't allow other routings or more transfers then through AMS/CDG/MAD and MEX.

Also gives 50k RDMs as FB Plat
jfkeze and asian_crossfitter like this.
Old Jan 13, 22, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS, UA, DL
Originally Posted by danfl44 View Post
Actually 162XP (2x 15, 2x 30 and 2x 36).
That's maxed out; fare rules don't allow other routings or more transfers then through AMS/CDG/MAD and MEX.

Also gives 50k RDMs as FB Plat
I was able to book this trip using AirEuropa for BCN-MAD. Sadly, because it's codeshared with AeroMexico, I can't check in with AirEuropa nor select a seat with them. I called customer service in broken Spanish (they didn't have anyone that spoke English on the phone) and told me they weren't able to check me in or give me a seat and that I'd have to go to the airport for them to do that. Bummer. Will report back about my AirEuropa experiences in case anyone has AirEuropa segments
Old Jan 13, 22, 11:53 pm

I always fly AirEuropa from AMS - they should be ok for you. I wonder how many PCR tests you have to take though to get through all these flights. Or do you only need one? I have a repositioning flight from AMS on the day before so need to do the PCR beforehand from AMS I guess.
Old Jan 14, 22, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
As I am sitting on KL686, a few last tips.

Had a good return journey, AM flight GRU-MEX was also much better than MEX-GRU. Spend a wonderful full day in MEX, where the weather was splendid.

For lounges: terminal 2 at GRU is extremely sad. They only had a few coffeeshops open at night, and it was a very small space for the AM flight, an ET flight to Addis and some others. BUT: it's very easy to walk over to modern terminal three. Takes 5-10 minutes. There are multiple lounges at T3 belonging to PP, so you could do some loungehopping, and there are some food outlets also in the PP program. Either way, it's a better place to wait. No need to arrive to early, but I was coming from Rio and wanted some safe time in between.

The lounge they use at MEX is also very crowded, although the service is good. If you have an Amex Plat, I recommend the Centurion Lounge just before security. Nice space, extremely quiet, good service. Fine for waiting and having some drinks. Security only took me a few minutes, although the gates at MEX are a little walk.

All in all, it's a great fare and had a lot of fun traveling on it!
Old Jan 14, 22, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by matty884 View Post
I was able to book this trip using AirEuropa for BCN-MAD. Sadly, because it's codeshared with AeroMexico, I can't check in with AirEuropa nor select a seat with them. I called customer service in broken Spanish (they didn't have anyone that spoke English on the phone) and told me they weren't able to check me in or give me a seat and that I'd have to go to the airport for them to do that. Bummer. Will report back about my AirEuropa experiences in case anyone has AirEuropa segments
I am also on Air Europa (BCN-MAD) next week ... Are they in BCN Terminal 1?
Old Jan 14, 22, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by matty884 View Post
ANother thing ...
Did AirEuropa require proof of vaccination for Brazil? And did they require PCR or was antigen ok? I am just curious where the vaccination proof will need to be shown ... BCN, MAD, or MEX?
Similar question if anyone has the BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU touting, did AF require the test for Brazil?
Old Jan 14, 22, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Hi
if anyone knows about the Covid test required at every stage of the stopover .
BCNAMS/CDGMEXGRU
and vice versa.
Fully vaccinated (X3) with UK and EU GREEN vaccine card
lease let us know.
Greatly appreciated
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I am also on Air Europa (BCN-MAD) next week ... Are they in BCN Terminal 1?
yes, T1 in BCN

Search this Thread