Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: Diamond DL
Originally Posted by maverikbc
So it was originally GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU? I think we all pick up our bags at MEX, but I have one experience several years ago that I didn't need to pick up my bag when connecting AM to AM at MEX.
i did fly two weeks ago BCN-AMS-MEX-(23hours stop)-GRU business at 670 euro approx. (thanks forum!!!)
i did buy on booking .com
my bag sticker had GRU as final destination
In MEx i asked if i had to pickup it
Tjey said. becuase it was a 23hours stop over
if you need it, we will try to get it for you, but don't know how much time
If you don't need, it will go automatically to GRU
Next day i had the flight at approx 19.00 , arrived at 7.00 am in gru, and the bag arrived
so it was automatic from BCN ams mex to GRU
but for what i undestood in BCN i could have asked to put destination in MEX (not gru)
or in MEX you can ask for it
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:05 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
[QUOTE=itamex;36125392
so it was automatic from BCN ams mex to GRU
but for what i undestood in BCN i could have asked to put destination in MEX (not gru)
or in MEX you can ask for it[/QUOTE]

thanks for confirming my old experience is still the case today. What I suspect is that the all baggages do show up at the carrousel anyway, and if they aren't picked up but with tags with other final destinations, the staff will pick them up and transfer. What's confusing is that I also have experiences of picking up my bag at MEX T2 and recheck while connecting international AM to another international AM.

Another confusing DP was that when flying AM from UIO to LAX, with an overnight connection about 12 hours at MEX T2, UIO check in refused to thru check to LAX, so I had to take my bag with me to landside. Luckily AM check in counter was open 24 hours (the way should be at any home hubs), I was able to recheck my bag right after I entered landside. As far as I remember, I haven't seen AM transfer desk near the carrousels.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:15 am

Looks like the fare is gone now?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by 8420PR
unfortunately yes. - the new fares are ridiculously high - I-class around 95oo€ plus tax - RIP
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:40 am

There is still a 1000€+tax oneway fare from Barcelona to Santiago de Chile.

Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:31 am

without stopover in MEX it's cheaper

Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:33 am

to MDE the price is as low as 836€

Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by maverikbc
thanks for confirming my old experience is still the case today. What I suspect is that the all baggages do show up at the carrousel anyway, and if they aren't picked up but with tags with other final destinations, the staff will pick them up and transfer. What's confusing is that I also have experiences of picking up my bag at MEX T2 and recheck while connecting international AM to another international AM.

Another confusing DP was that when flying AM from UIO to LAX, with an overnight connection about 12 hours at MEX T2, UIO check in refused to thru check to LAX, so I had to take my bag with me to landside. Luckily AM check in counter was open 24 hours (the way should be at any home hubs), I was able to recheck my bag right after I entered landside. As far as I remember, I haven't seen AM transfer desk near the carrousels.
Flights originating in the Andean countries will never be through checked through to final destination on AM, even if it's an AM to AM connection.
BY contrast, flights originating in EU can be checked through.
itamex likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR

Fare comes and goes, wait a couple of weeks until the AM revenue managers are back from Easter holidays ...
marks88, 8420PR and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by PapiRio
Fare comes and goes, wait a couple of weeks until the AM revenue managers are back from Easter holidays ...
nope. the fare was never gone. I availability had fluctuated from no availability to wide availability.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
nope. the fare was never gone. I availability had fluctuated from no availability to wide availability.
are you suggesting the fare now is gone gone?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
are you suggesting the fare now is gone gone?
there is still an I fare but for roundtrip it is 9500 and oneway 4600. pretty unusable

delpiero223 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.