Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
here is the direct link to kayak that lists the 865€ ticket - https://www.kayak.de/flights/BCN-AMS...t=bestflight_a
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
In case you want to book with the airline I suggest to call the US hotline of AeroMexico - there i found the only well trained people in their Houston call center.
In order to try multiple dates on the AM website just modify the dates in the URL - no need to go back to the sarch form every time.

When you don't want to get into phone contact you just have to buy the ticket from the OTA. In case you don't intend to change anything it should be fine.
You're so knowledgeable and helpful!

I ended up booking BCN-CDG-MEX in AF metals in June, then MEX-GRU in January. It said my bank declined the transaction, but I haven't received any fraud alert. It said it'd hold my booking for 24 hrs to make a payment. The payment link sent with the email showing an error message, chat said 'unavailable'. I called them, chose the call back option. The agent called back, payment went through. 👏🏼

I learned why Kayak was showing outrageous (for me) prices, because it was set Canada-euro. After I changed it to Ireland, I could see the same prices as in your screenshot. As with Momondo, mytrip pops up after I press 'view deal' button, which looks awfully similar to seat24 in your screenshot…

I'm intending to fly as booked, and I'll do my best avoiding paying the $300 fee, but my last leg isn't happening till January, and there is a chance there may be a schedule change, which may enable me to make a free change. Many OTAs appear difficult to deal with and they may charge a fee even for involuntary changes. Clic Air in Colombia cancelled my flight a couple of days prior to the departure, and Kiwi rebooked me to a Clic flight several hours later. I simply wanted a full refund, but Kiwi refused, their policy was that the alternative needs to be more than 48 hours from the original flight for us to be able to receive a full refund, which was ridiculous. I booked with Kiwi, only because Google Flights said to call Clic to book.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by maverikbc
Clic Air in Colombia cancelled my flight a couple of days prior to the departure, and Kiwi rebooked me to a Clic flight several hours later. I simply wanted a full refund, but Kiwi refused, their policy was that the alternative needs to be more than 48 hours from the original flight for us to be able to receive a full refund, which was ridiculous. I booked with Kiwi, only because Google Flights said to call Clic to book.
You could have known this. Using Kiwi and and Ultra LCC is never a good combination.
Deckter likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
the flight from AMS to MeX is operated by KLM - unfortunately due to the code share number you won't be able to preselect a seat on that flight.
You can access the AM reservation by entering your ticket number in the KLM app or website and select your seats without any problems
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
You can access the AM reservation by entering your ticket number in the KLM app or website and select your seats without any problems
No you can't - it seems to be a problem with an AeroMexico flight number that has no seatmap assigned. Have had this happen two times. Only platinum line could solve it by changing the AM flight number in the booking to the KL flight number. It's a general problem with codeshare flight numbers across all airlines.

you can access the reservation on the KLM website or app - but seat selection leads to an "not available" error.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:28 am

No you can't - it seems to be a problem with an AeroMexico flight number that has no seatmap assigned. Have had this happen two times. Only platinum line could solve it by changing the AM flight number in the booking to the KL flight number. It's a general problem with codeshare flight numbers across all airlines.
That's strange. I have an AM booking GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MEX with legs operated by both KL and AF and am able to select seats without issues.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:20 am

Surprisingly I was able to reserve my seats on AF site for free. I no longer hold elite status with ST, and I haven't registered any ffp # yet. I'll investigate if I should credit them to VS, DL, or something else.

I booked a one way BCN-CDG-MEX all AF metals in June, MEX-GRU in January. I booked GRU-SEA in Feb with AS miles before the devaluation, for 45k pts in J, so this will work out perfectly. It was €827. If you don't mind flying AM metal TATL, , the lowest was around €805 via MAD with a stopover at MEX, or high €600s without.

I think there was a post up thread telling us we should book on AM ES site. I also tried with MX and CA sites, AFAIK, they all returned the same search results. They seem to offer converted prices near spot rates.

US, MX, and CA websites offer 24 hours free cancellations and the lowest fare guarantee, but ES site says it is offered only on US site. I wonder if it's wrong and now offered in all countries. I wanted to use my CAD card, so I booked on their CA site. As I wrote in my previous post, their website said that my bank declined, but I was able to pay over the phone, and I was charged in CAD as should be.

Google says that the second AF flight of the day features the new cabin with the door, but I couldn't find with near the lowest fare with my dates.

Here are something I found, although they may have been already known to the community:

* The number of 'X seats left!' didn't change after my purchase.

* I spent a week searching what worked best for me, but the inventory and prices didn't seem to change at all.

* It seems a layover of 12 hrs or more at CDG increases the tax by around €10.

* BCN-MEX-CUN, CUN-MEX-GRU for around €100 more. Edit: it's starting from €1,044, and MEX-CUN and back will be in Y so only good deal when you need protected connections to and from CUN.

* AM doesn't seem to sell mixed cabins, at least with this fare.
itamex likes this.

Last edited by maverikbc; Mar 25, 2024 at 12:42 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:42 am

That's strange. I have an AM booking GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MEX with legs operated by both KL and AF and am able to select seats without issues.
How much did you pay for yours? I'm curious.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:54 am

How much did you pay for yours? I'm curious.
$1811 CAD so about €1230. Best part is that we were able to book it without the last MEX-GRU leg because we need to go back to Canada after so no shenanigans with luggage/no shows.

ETA: we also have a one way YYZ-MEX-EZE for $1100 CAD
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:58 am

* BCN-MEX-CUN, CUN-MEX-GRU for around €100 more.
how does that work when the routing-table for the fare is
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. BCN-AF/AM/KL/UX-AMS/BCN/MAD/PAR-MEX-SAO
2. BCN-MEX-SAO
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:07 am

$1811 CAD so about €1230. Best part is that we were able to book it without the last MEX-GRU leg because we need to go back to Canada after so no shenanigans with luggage/no shows.

ETA: we also have a one way YYZ-MEX-EZE for $1100 CAD
So it was originally GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU? I think we all pick up our bags at MEX, but I have one experience several years ago that I didn't need to pick up my bag when connecting AM to AM at MEX.
YYZ to EZE is in J I assume? It's really a good deal considering it's around c$700 ex MEX in J to GRU, and to EZE, possibly a lot more expensive. I don't know why it's always a lot more expensive to EZE vs SCL.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:12 am

So it was originally GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU? I think we all pick up our bags at MEX, but I have one experience several years ago that I didn't need to pick up my bag when connecting AM to AM at MEX.
YYZ to EZE is in J I assume? It's really a good deal considering it's around c$700 ex MEX in J to GRU, and to EZE, possibly a lot more expensive. I don't know why it's always a lot more expensive to EZE vs SCL.
Using the horrible multi city tool on the AM website I just looked for GRU-MEX MEX-BCN BCN-MEX and it priced it at this. So there was never a MEX-GRU leg in the booking. Getting back to Edmonton a few days later on a AM/DL/WS itinerary MEX-JFK-YYZ-YEG in First and premium on WS, booked with DL.

The $1100 YYZ-MEX-EZE flight is in J indeed and only available through an OTA.
maverikbc likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:12 am

how does that work when the routing-table for the fare is
I have no idea, I just searched BCN -CUN, CUN-GRU on AM web site, because it's often cheaper for me to fly to CUN than to MEX (especially J) from my home YVR.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:25 am

I have no idea, I just searched BCN -CUN, CUN-GRU on AM web site, because it's often cheaper for me to fly to CUN than to MEX (especially J) from my home YVR.
only way - two nested tickets with one MEX-CUN-MEX in economy (that is available from around 100€)

edit: checked it out - the MEX-CUN-MEX segments are economy with need to pay for seat reservation.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 25, 2024 at 11:45 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:39 pm

edit: checked it out - the MEX-CUN-MEX segments are economy with need to pay for seat reservation.
I should've noted the dates for low €900s, but I can't replicate it anymore. The lowest I found after quick searches is leaving BCN on 5/19, leaving CUN on 1/7 for €1,044, but like you pointed out, MEX-CUN both ways are in Y. Sorry!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.