Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by AfterHour
first of all, you need to find this fare. I am not seeing this price now, although it may(or may not) come back later in the year.
the fare is still alive also oneway - however the little more expensive booking class D has much better availability.

e.g. oneway BCN-MEX-GRU for 846 / I find lots of availability - on OTA from 807
I class also available - e.g. from May 15 - May 16

marks88 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:09 pm

Roundtrip in I class example

That's the cheapest I business fare available right now 1110€ without taxes

MarkCron and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:03 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by AfterHour
first of all, you need to find this fare. I am not seeing this price now, although it may(or may not) come back later in the year.
I found it already - looking for oneway BCN-MEX in July 2024, sub $1k USD
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
I have a practical question as I've never done this: If you see good one way tickets as suggested by some here, how do you recommend for the return flight? Just buy normal economy, or are there other city pairings that could work? I am based in Europe so I suspect one way tickets might work with repositioning here. Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
I have a practical question as I've never done this: If you see good one way tickets as suggested by some here, how do you recommend for the return flight? Just buy normal economy, or are there other city pairings that could work? I am based in Europe so I suspect one way tickets might work with repositioning here. Thank you in advance.
you can buy a roundtrip with this city pair - around 1550 is the cheapest option - oneway is from 675. From Brazil you can fly cheaply on award tickets as there is no fuel surcharge in Brazil (even on award tickets)
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:34 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

What are the chances that AM will have a schedule change for the MEX-GRU flight? I have this segment left later for this year, but hoping for a schedule change so I can move it 1 day earlier (on a Sunday). So far I noticed that AM is quite conservative with schedule changes.
If there is one, under what conditions are you allowed to move flights and how flexible are they? 2 hours?

Cheers!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: SkyTeam
Do you have other sample dates/ itineraries for this trip with the low fare?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mbtarr
Do you have other sample dates/ itineraries for this trip with the low fare?
I have tried other itineraries and fares are much higher, but if you want another destination in Central America, you may do an stopover in Mex with a supplement of around 130, and do it as a side trip.

As to dates, you can check at Google flights.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
I've been trying to book a one way BCN-GRU with a stopover at MEX.

ITA says KL metals TATL is available on 5/23 and 6/5 with an overnight stopover at AMS for 812 all in J, leaving BCN at 19:40 above mentioned dates, leaving MEX on 1/7.

AM Spain website doesn't return this search result.

When I force the overnight at AMS, eg 5/23 BCN-AMS, 5/24 AMS-MEX, 1/7 MEX-GRU, it says no flights found. When I search BCN-MEX, MEX-GRU, it returns a lot of results, but nothing with an overnight at AMS. What am I doing wrong? It may be one of those 'call the airline' situations, but I'd rather avoid it.

I also have a question about Category 16: Penalties:

CHANGES
CHARGE USD 300.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

Does this mean every time I make changes, there's a charge of USD 300? How about the difference with the new fare amount after the change?

Last edited by maverikbc; Mar 24, 2024 at 12:03 am
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc

ITA says KL metals TATL is available on 5/23 and 6/5 with an overnight stopover at AMS for 812 all in J, leaving BCN at 19:40 above mentioned dates, leaving MEX on 1/7.

When I force the overnight at AMS, eg 5/23 BCN-AMS, 5/24 AMS-MEX, 1/7 MEX-GRU, it says no flights found. When I search BCN-MEX, MEX-GRU, it returns a lot of results, but nothing with an overnight at AMS. What am I doing wrong? It may be one of those 'call the airline' situations, but I'd rather avoid it.

CHANGES

Does this mean every time I make changes, there's a charge of USD 300? How about the difference with the new fare amount after the change?
why do you need the night layover in AMS? There is a KL connection available on May 23 - Departure in BCN at 06:20 and onward from AMS at 14:30 - all on KL metal. (found on the AM website)

The 300 penalty is the change fee - in case your original fare bucket is no longer available you have to pay the fare difference as well.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
why do you need the night layover in AMS? There is a KL connection available on May 23 - Departure in BCN at 06:20 and onward from AMS at 14:30 - all on KL metal. (found on the AM website)

The 300 penalty is the change fee - in case your original fare bucket is no longer available you have to pay the fare difference as well.
It's due to my personal reasons, I want to have some drinks with my friend at AMS overnight, and I'd hate to catch an early morning flight from BCN at 6:20. I'd want to arrive at the airport by 2 hours prior, to do that , I'll be checking out my hotel in the middle of the night...not my cup of tea. Some dates, there are late morning departure, but only 1hr to connect at AMS... I don't hear security bottlenecks there anymore, but it's still asking for troubles.

Thanks for clarifying about the change fee.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:13 am

then search with kayak - you will find the desired option.

the flight from AMS to MeX is operated by KLM - unfortunately due to the code share number you won't be able to preselect a seat on that flight.

Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum

CHANGES

you can force the AM website into using the multi city feature:

Search BCN-MEX
MEX-GRU

Make sure you dont include a stopover, otherwise the price will be higher. However you can get 14,5 hours in MEX if you want without paying the stopover fee
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
then search with kayak - you will find the desired option.

the flight from AMS to MeX is operated by KLM - unfortunately due to the code share number you won't be able to preselect a seat on that flight.

​​​​​​ Thanks for your idea, but when I search BCN-MEX, MEX -GRU, it shows 2k+, when I search BCN-AMS, AMS-MEX, MEX-GRU on the exact same dates as your screenshot, it shows 4k+. Yes, I waited until 'Done!' shows up on upper left corner. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I tried on Momondo Ireland, it shows the exact same price as your screen shot, but it takes me to an OTA mytrip, it doesn't show any other OTAs or airlines themselves. I hear call center reps at AM are poorly trained, but I'd rather directly book with an airline.

The AM web site doesn't remember cities and dates when I hit modify, so I need to enter them each time. I don't have access to a computer for a while, and I've been doing this from my tablet and my phone, even with desktop mode. Very time consuming.

Haven't AF/KL started charging for seat selection for non elites last year or so? I wouldn't pay for it, so not being able to select seats in advance is fine by me.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:45 am

​​​​​​ Thanks for your idea, but when I search BCN-MEX, MEX -GRU, it shows 2k+, when I search BCN-AMS, AMS-MEX, MEX-GRU on the exact same dates as your screenshot, it shows 4k+. Yes, I waited until 'Done!' shows up on upper left corner. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I tried on Momondo Ireland, it shows the exact same price as your screen shot, but it takes me to an OTA mytrip, it doesn't show any other OTAs or airlines themselves. I hear call center reps at AM are poorly trained, but I'd rather directly book with an airline.

The AM web site doesn't remember cities and dates when I hit modify, so I need to enter them each time. I don't have access to a computer for a while, and I've been doing this from my tablet and my phone, even with desktop mode. Very time consuming.

Haven't AF/KL started charging for seat selection for non elites last year or so? I wouldn't pay for it, so not being able to select seats in advance is fine by me.
In case you want to book with the airline I suggest to call the US hotline of AeroMexico - there i found the only well trained people in their Houston call center.
In order to try multiple dates on the AM website just modify the dates in the URL - no need to go back to the sarch form every time.

When you don't want to get into phone contact you just have to buy the ticket from the OTA. In case you don't intend to change anything it should be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.