Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Jun 8, 22, 10:15 am

That's fabulous, but I've already hit Delta Diamond for 2023-2024. Was looking to schedule something right after the 1st of the year.
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Hi can you please share the li k to book this flt? Super thank you

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE View Post
best fare is 1235EUR in October.

I had a nightmare with the Dutch AeroMexico call center while trying to rebook my itinerary.

I thought their flexible travel waiver had the option to get an EMD reimbursement - but not really - although the website tells another story.
So I had to rebook my flight in the last minute. Only the fifth agent was able to help out - later i found out that this specific call was handled by their Houston call center, not the Dutch call center. The Dutch quoted horrendous fare change prices or just hung up after a while. I just got curious when the agent asked me what the current time is in Barcelona

Issues with rebooking were mostly the inability of the agents to handle multisegment itineraries and price them correctly. I had researched all flights in I class and gave them the flight numbers.
problem #1 - they could not find the codeshare flights to CDG or AMS - most probably because they tried to enter these as single segments. asking for a BCN-MEX flight - they could get the codeshare segments.
problem #2 - repricing - all of the agents seemed to price each segment individually - hence i should pay a

I have this booked but not on AM one way KLM other way AF I’m wondering if I can chang
fare difference of over 5000$ - they just said that rebooking is more expensive than a new booking - utter .........
problem #3 - knowledge about married segments

In the end I got a rebooking for October with a modest fare difference of 179$ - on the other hand side they messed up the fare bucket codes on the outbound. I am now booked in C and J which gives extra miles with Flying Blue.
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
post here if the prices changed! have been thinking of booking for feb next year!

Originally Posted by sinus View Post
Just completed the trip
- as I expected, Air France and KLM service/seats/crew/food/lounges very classy, Aeromexico pretty average
- AF online check-in offered upgrade to La Premiere on AF flight CDG-MEX for 2120€ (of course did not take advantage of it)
- boarding passes were not issued online, had to visit counter in BCN for the vaccination check, check-in was smooth
- MEX airport messy as always, terminal change takes quite a while (airtrain). Masks obligatory on a flight to GRU, crew was very annoying with reminding if someone took it off. Luckily during sleep they didn't bother. On the AF/KL flights masks were not necessary.
- for the flights out of GRU, on-line checkin was possible, however they had to reprint the bp at the gate. I flew on the 31st May and this was the first day of the GOL lounge re-open, which is pretty decent. Access both for AM business class and Priority Pass.
- MEX T1 lounge for AF/KL is really good, food a'la carte and attentive staff, however it's 15min walk from the gates where CDG/AMS flights depart. Pretty crazy.
- KLM flight from MEX to AMS was delayed more than 3h hence lost a connection to BCN and they have put me on a later flight. Arrived more than 4h later so I claimed for the 600 EUR compensation (chances are low, the reason of delay was the wind forecast change so the plane was too heavy and they had to unload the cargo before take off).
- miles for the AM segments did not post at all, will be calling Delta to retro-claim (Edit: miles for the GRU-MEX segment showed after 2 days, MEX-GRU still not)
- might do the trip again if it gets a bit cheaper. I have paid approx 950€ using Scandinavian OTA, now the price is 1100€. Also, was pretty sure the I class will give 200% MQMs but it's only 150% in Delta - my fault didn't check it carefully. So will need to wait a bit longer for my Diamond status.
Old Jun 13, 22, 10:03 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am thinking of booking the one way for $660, and use it as a throwaway to get to MEX and then to the US on AA. Anybody see any issues with that, especially in MEX? I am not chasing status with ST. I will probably book on Expedia so I don't have to deal with AM for itinerary changes (God forbid!)....

Flight arrives in MEX at 3:50am and has a 15 hour layover....I will be hand baggage only... Can I exit and go to the AA flight?

Last edited by nk15; Jun 13, 22 at 10:53 pm
Old Jun 15, 22, 6:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
I don't see why not. In fact you can also check in bags as you would always need to pick them up in MEX
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 22, 8:06 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
That's my thought, too. Would I have to leave the secure area and enter Mexico to change flights, would AA be in a different terminal? Or maybe I should spend a day in MEX, but I won't have time, that's the thing.
Old Jun 15, 22, 11:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Miles & More pleb
Howdoo all.

I am trying to add a stopover in Mexico for this trip. (What I'm actually aiming for is a trip to Mexico, GRU is just an added bonus). To achieve this I look for cheap dates for return trips, I use those dates as the first and last leg, and I try and slap a MEX-GRU somewhere in the middle.

When I attempt this on google flights, the fare goes up by about Ł200. It's not that bad, but is there a better way to achieve the stopover?

Please shout if so and thanks!
Old Jun 15, 22, 11:14 am

Programs: TK*G, DL*Plat
Maestro Ramen stopovers are not free in this fare
Code:
 UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT AT
USD 90.00 EACH.
f0zzyNUE and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by sinus View Post
Maestro Ramen stopovers are not free in this fare
Code:
 UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT AT
USD 90.00 EACH.
Thanks, looks like with my method it's always adding closer to $200-300 than $90. It's also not bookable on AM.com but rahter through OTAs.
Old Jun 16, 22, 5:12 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen View Post
Thanks, looks like with my method it's always adding closer to $200-300 than $90. It's also not bookable on AM.com but rahter through OTAs.
you can book on aeromexico website - just use the spanish or european version and make a multisegment booking BCN-MEX/MEX-GRU/GRU-MEX/MEX-BCN.

I did find the cheapest I fares at around 1230€ - my ticket with one stopover in MEX in October was priced at 1379€

BTW - the 90$ are added to the base fare. but with stopovers also come different airport taxes - transit is cheaper than stopover.
Maestro Ramen likes this.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Jun 16, 22 at 5:33 am
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:18 am

This deal seems to be gone, right?
Old Jun 21, 22, 8:29 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Originally Posted by Erik Lugtenberg View Post
This deal seems to be gone, right?
nope - the fare is still abailable.
Old Jun 27, 22, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
If it's all about XPs, then take the train to DUS and do a BLL Run before 6/30 with the 50% bonus... get 145 XPs for €575. If based in AMS with this route you don't even need a hotel room... You can easily take the express train on Saturday morning to position and then back on Sunday night

2 of those from Scratch give you Gold status... 145-100 for Silver, extra 45 and 145 = 190 XPs for Gold
As a MR, this is only 135 XPs per RT itin, at 15 for each int'l business sector, x 6, plus the 50% bonus by 6/30. Not the 145 orig'ly posted.

So you'd still be a hair short for FB Gold. Close, but no cigar, as we say in the States. Or at least used to say.
Old Jul 1, 22, 2:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by rdrnnr View Post
As a MR, this is only 135 XPs per RT itin, at 15 for each int'l business sector, x 6, plus the 50% bonus by 6/30. Not the 145 orig'ly posted.

So you'd still be a hair short for FB Gold. Close, but no cigar, as we say in the States. Or at least used to say.
Yeah, that was some bad math , 45+90=145😂🤣😂🤣 that I never corrected till someone alerted me, anyway that is no longer an option since it's back to normal at FlyingBlue
rdrnnr likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 5:45 pm

Has the fare been pulled? I had finally agreed on a date so I could visit both my friends in Mexico and now I can't find availabily anymore 🥵

Search this Thread