FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Lhr-bkk ay j £1036 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2055423-lhr-bkk-ay-j-1036-a.html)

Still Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am

Lhr-bkk ay j £1036

Availability is good, 440 tier points for BAEC.https://www.google.co.uk/travel/flig...RJSRIGCAEQABgA

antipest Oct 14, 2021 12:48 am

Got it for £1042 over Easter '22. Flat beds on the LHR-HEL-LHR as well so happy days. Great price from rip-off Britain

mrvincent Oct 14, 2021 2:39 am

Also works from EDI, which is nice. MAN however doesn’t appear to be included.

Anyone know if the Thailand quarantine relaxation will allow for flights from HEL? Looking at booking early December departure - but seems too much of a risk until this is confirmed.

jfkeze Oct 14, 2021 2:48 am

Great fare but heads up it's a Business Campaign Light which has some crappy limitations...
Checked baggage: 0 pc
Advance seating: For a fee
Lounge access: For a fee
Priority security: No
Priority check-in & boarding: No

Finnair Plus Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum Lumo or oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members are entitled to one extra bag (max. 23 kg/50 lb) when travelling on Finnair flights (AY code on the ticket and flight operated by Finnair or Norra).

davem4 Oct 14, 2021 5:08 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 33643312)

Anyone know if the Thailand quarantine relaxation will allow for flights from HEL? Looking at booking early December departure - but seems too much of a risk until this is confirmed.

Yep anyone have details on this?

Are flights currently allowed? I was looking for Late november.

jfkeze Oct 14, 2021 5:21 am

BBC News
Thailand to reopen for some vaccinated visitors on 1 November
  • Thailand plans to end Covid quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers from at least 10 low-risk nations from 1 November, officials say.
  • PM Prayuth Chan-ocha admitted that "this decision comes with some risk" - but it is seen as a key step to revive the country's collapsed tourism sector.
  • Referring to visitors from 10 low-risk nations, he stressed that "when they arrive, they should present a [negative] Covid test... and test once again upon arrival".
  • If the second test is also negative, any visitor from those countries "can travel freely like Thais", the prime minister said.
  • The 10 nations seen as low risk include the UK, China, Germany and the US.

Marco Namo Yuenyong Oct 14, 2021 5:27 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 33643502)
Yep anyone have details on this?

Are flights currently allowed? I was looking for Late november.

The govn gave a press the day before saying Thailand is going to open the boarder without quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers starts from 1st of Nov. It will begins with passengers from 10 low-risk countries. However, it still has not release yet what are those countries.

IAN-UK Oct 14, 2021 5:37 am

Manchester works fine, around £20 over the LHR fares. Maybe not on all the dates available from LHR, I guess becaue there's much less capacity on Finnair out of Manchester. I booked for late May.

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 33643326)
Great fare but heads up it's a Business Campaign Light which has some crappy limitations...
Checked baggage: 0 pc
Advance seating: For a fee
Lounge access: For a fee
Priority security: No
Priority check-in & boarding: No

I noticed that, booking through the Finnair site, but I'm hoping OneWorld status will shine through and trump the awkwardness of the fare rules. I'm pretty certain Emerald should work for the lounge, even if it generates some discussion at the door: but seat selection might be more of a problem…..

Kayak came up with Crystal Travel at £860, offering all the bells and whistles of business-class. But I think in these days it's maybe best to wrap oneself in the security of the airline's reservation system.

Plus Crystal gets quite a hammering on the internet: they offer ABTA protection…... but for a supplement. I had no idea that sort of shenanigan is allowed.

Deckter Oct 14, 2021 5:55 am

They (the government) don't even know themselves. Apparently, it's 10 countries...or maybe 20, but they don't know which ones.

jinkssick Oct 14, 2021 6:13 am

Feel for Thailand, some ridiculous stat of 100,000 tourist visits post Covid compared to 50million pre-covid.

On a side note, the other Swiss P class fare GOT-BKK £800, does anyone know if that has all the bells and whistles (bags,lounge access)?

Deckter Oct 14, 2021 6:43 am

Originally Posted by jinkssick (Post 33643643)
Feel for Thailand, some ridiculous stat of 100,000 tourist visits post Covid compared to 50million pre-covid.

On a side note, the other Swiss P class fare GOT-BKK £800, does anyone know if that has all the bells and whistles (bags,lounge access)?

Yes, everything included.

mrvincent Oct 14, 2021 10:24 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 33643524)
BBC News
Thailand to reopen for some vaccinated visitors on 1 November
  • Thailand plans to end Covid quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers from at least 10 low-risk nations from 1 November, officials say.
  • PM Prayuth Chan-ocha admitted that "this decision comes with some risk" - but it is seen as a key step to revive the country's collapsed tourism sector.
  • Referring to visitors from 10 low-risk nations, he stressed that "when they arrive, they should present a [negative] Covid test... and test once again upon arrival".
  • If the second test is also negative, any visitor from those countries "can travel freely like Thais", the prime minister said.
  • The 10 nations seen as low risk include the UK, China, Germany and the US.

What’s not clear is if connecting outside of those countries is permitted. Many (most?) countries seem to apply the rules based on the origin of your last flight.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 33643566)
Manchester works fine, around £20 over the LHR fares. Maybe not on all the dates available from LHR, I guess becaue there's much less capacity on Finnair out of Manchester. I booked for late May.

I noticed that, booking through the Finnair site, but I'm hoping OneWorld status will shine through and trump the awkwardness of the fare rules. I'm pretty certain Emerald should work for the lounge, even if it generates some discussion at the door: but seat selection might be more of a problem…..

I only checked a few MAN dates - excellent that includes it.

I booked BKK-HEL-EDI one way a few weeks back and was able to select seats for the whole family as OWE on one of these saver fares. That was at the time of booking on the Finnair website.

Flying Yazata Oct 14, 2021 10:54 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 33643566)
I'm pretty certain Emerald should work for the lounge, even if it generates some discussion at the door: but seat selection might be more of a problem…..

Neither will be an issue. Furthermore there's anyway a turnstile to the Platinum Wing as an alternative, if you just want to walk in there.

Sisyphus1carus Oct 14, 2021 3:04 pm

No checked baggage in business class - that's crazy.

Sisyphus1carus Oct 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by jinkssick (Post 33643643)

yeah, got a friend out there running a great guesthouse & restaurant. One staying guest in 19 months !!!!! He is usually 100% occupancy a lot of the time and still pretty high in the off seasons.

How can I search for the GOT-BKK Swiss fare ?
I haven't spotted a flyertalk post on it (maybe I missed it).

Thanks.