Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lhr-bkk ay j £1036

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
yeah, got a friend out there running a great guesthouse & restaurant. One staying guest in 19 months !!!!! He is usually 100% occupancy a lot of the time and still pretty high in the off seasons.

How can I search for the GOT-BKK Swiss fare ?
I haven't spotted a flyertalk post on it (maybe I missed it).

Thanks.
Limited dates for LX One-stop

887 GBP but with 2 stops on the outbound
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Neither will be an issue. Furthermore there's anyway a turnstile to the Platinum Wing as an alternative, if you just want to walk in there.
Platinum Wing is still closed, but lounge access is printed on the boarding passes so doing OLCI would give time to fix any issues. I'm OWS and had no issues with bags or lounge earlier this week having booked this Business Light fare direct with AY. Crediting miles to QRPC is proving an issue however.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ft101
…..Crediting miles to QRPC is proving an issue however.
That's likely a local issue with Qatar's flakiness.

I believe this is a Finnair "I" fare. BA and Qatar, and (I'm guessing) most other most other OneWorlders give their FFP members 125% for longer-haul sectors on this AY fare.
While Finnair can fiddle about with whatever credit it gives its own FFP members, it's commitment to other airlines and members of their programmes is more difficult to change.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:20 am

Heads up for those of you who are UK-based holders of Amex Gold/Platinum cards… some people are reporting an offer of £40 off when you spend £180 or more on Finnair flights The offer is only valid for flights from the UK and you must buy the flights by 15 November 2021 and have it charged to your card by that date too.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The price has now jumped up 100 pounds - Strange! Still good value in the bigger picture but would have been nice to lock it in at GBP1049
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I should have been much quicker ! Mind you, I was waiting on others to make their flamin' mind up !!
Looking Nov/Dec through to Feb/March.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
I should have been much quicker ! Mind you, I was waiting on others to make their flamin' mind up !!
Looking Nov/Dec through to Feb/March.
Big problem is BKK/SIN are selling out now that reopened. I would actually hold off for now due to crowds. Give the initial influx time to wane.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Do OW emerald get a free bag on Campaign light Finnair tickets? I checked online and it's not 100% clear. I thought I would get a 23kg bag to check-in but does it apply to all OW Emerald?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Do OW emerald get a free bag on Campaign light Finnair tickets? I checked online and it's not 100% clear. I thought I would get a 23kg bag to check-in but does it apply to all OW Emerald?
Yes, the fare rules don't override oneworld rules. The same thing applies to QR's cheap, no lounge business fares. Though in that case you would be directed to a different lounge.

***Extra baggage allowance for Emerald frequent flyers

As an Emerald frequent flyer, the following special checked baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines:
  • On itineraries using the baggage allowance “weight” system - 20 kgs in addition to the ticketed-cabin allowance.
  • On itineraries using the “piece system” - one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed baggage allowance.
Note: This benefit is not available on British Airways' 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.

*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld airline operating the flight. **Priority baggage handling is not currently available on flights operated by British Airways.

Exceptions may apply.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by skunker
Yes, the fare rules don't override oneworld rules. The same thing applies to QR's cheap, no lounge business fares. Though in that case you would be directed to a different lounge.
Actually I was reading over the first couple of posts and someone mentioned it is indeed included!

Thanks for the above. I wasn't sure if on Qatar it was the same. The OW lounge isn't the best but I guess if Qatar starts doing 1K offers again, I'll suck it up
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anything around this price in Dec / Jan ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.