Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV : AMM - IAD $1092 RT Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:56 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Google flights link
- also works from a few more MEA airports (i.e. KRT)

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:21 am

only earns 100% MQM/20% MQD for delta fliers - 15k/3k
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Saudi Arabia does not allow transit, those SV fares are pretty much useless nowadays. When they will reopen for transit things will be different but until then we can all dream...
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by high.and.above
Saudi Arabia does not allow transit, those SV fares are pretty much useless nowadays. When they will reopen for transit things will be different but until then we can all dream...
Do you know if they actually reopened the transit facilities given the relaxation of travel restrictions? What i can find on Saudia website is that

Transporting guests from the restricted countries for transit through the Kingdom’s airports is not allowed.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:16 pm

I have just called SV US call center and was advised that transit is possible except if I am coming from a restricted country or stayed there within last 14 days. I was asking about DXB-JED-MRU but the answer should not depend much on the route.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Keter
Do you know if they actually reopened the transit facilities given the relaxation of travel restrictions? What i can find on Saudia website is that
It's pretty unclear. Point 5 seems to say you can enter KSA with a tourist visa if you're fully vacinated and have a PCR Test
It will be illogical to not let you transit whereas you can enter the country

Restricted country seems to be clearly indicated (Turkey for example)
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
It's pretty unclear. Point 5 seems to say you can enter KSA with a tourist visa if you're fully vacinated and have a PCR Test
It will be illogical to not let you transit whereas you can enter the country

Restricted country seems to be clearly indicated (Turkey for example)
I tried one of those fares back in August from Turkey (is true) and when trying to check in in Istanbul, they called Saudia in KSA and the answer was that no transit facility is open in Saudi Arabia. Maybe things has changed but you risk to get a check in agent that who knows how will interpret that and then not let you board.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:24 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Tourist visa are back and entry to country works as well. We would need to find the list of 'Red' Countries.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
...We would need to find the list of 'Red' Countries.
I think that is mentioned on SV web as well. Initially i thought that they only list the countries with which direct flights have been suspended, but there is a Belarus in that red list and i doubt SV ever fliied to that country, so we can indirectly conclude the red list on the website is complete.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by high.and.above
I tried one of those fares back in August from Turkey (is true) and when trying to check in in Istanbul, they called Saudia in KSA and the answer was that no transit facility is open in Saudi Arabia. Maybe things has changed but you risk to get a check in agent that who knows how will interpret that and then not let you board.
I saw that post (checked before asking above), apparently things have changed.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:32 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Transiting in JED / RUH is highly difficult, I have a valid multiple entry business visa and it still took me about 2 hours to manage the physical act of INT-INT transit -- at JED, you need to have your Tawakkalna to use the transit route. It's much easier to go airside and then re-exit (although that also involves Tawakkalna), however with that you will need to have a tourist visa issued. I have not tried to get a tourist visa issued, however it's probably wiser at this time to avoid this kind of fare...
Keter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.