Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP : SFO - MUC $1,066 OW Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:23 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Google Flights
- nice deals to Europe - really cheap for OW's

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Seeing it about $75-$100 cheaper on other dates, extended well into the New Year - really like this find and might jump on it for Christmas
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Nice. I wish this also worked from the East Coast.

Actually, I wish there were more *A deals out there in general right now. In the entire first page of deals in the Premium Fare Deals forum, there are currently this thread for TP, 1 for UA, and 2 for LO. Everything else is OW and ST.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Is this a mistake fare of some kind? I was able to book through expedia, but while the fare shows on TAP's site, it errors whenever I tried to buy it.

(edit: website just sucks. actually booked.)

Last edited by rdlmitedu; Sep 28, 2021 at 11:23 pm
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
It's not a mistake - $2k RT is not unusual for west coast sale fares to europe. In fact we paid $1100 for TP one-way to return to SFO a few years ago, so $1k is only slightly less. IME you get what you pay for so don't expect an LH experience. That said TP biz class is decent, excepting the hub at LIS.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:52 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

$2k is the normal 'promo fare' for Business transatlantic. TAP usually does 50% one-way fares but the transatlantic Star Alliance joint-venture (price fixing) typically requires participating airlines to coordinate fares before they are published. This seems to have gotten through that check - so in that sense we'd consider it a 'mistake'.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Boraxo
It's not a mistake - $2k RT is not unusual for west coast sale fares to europe. In fact we paid $1100 for TP one-way to return to SFO a few years ago, so $1k is only slightly less. IME you get what you pay for so don't expect an LH experience. That said TP biz class is decent, excepting the hub at LIS.
LOL, are you saying don't expect LH experience because actually the seat is better and the catering might be way better too? Or you just like footsie game?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747jetter
LOL, are you saying don't expect LH experience because actually the seat is better and the catering might be way better too? Or you just like footsie game?
No I’ve flown LH TATL dozens of times and TAP TATL once with the “new” seats. LH food and service were light years better than TAP. The LH seat is also low flat but is fantastic in what I call the semi recline reading/movie position. Try that in a TAP seat and your knees are jammed against the screen. LH is better all the way around.

but maybe you were just speaking tongue in cheek?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Boraxo
No I’ve flown LH TATL dozens of times and TAP TATL once with the “new” seats. LH food and service were light years better than TAP. The LH seat is also low flat but is fantastic in what I call the semi recline reading/movie position. Try that in a TAP seat and your knees are jammed against the screen. LH is better all the way around.

but maybe you were just speaking tongue in cheek?
I am just fascinated that someone who flew around the world and have visited 50 countries consider LH biz as a good way to travel.
SFO777, tr3k, sluneckov and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747jetter
I am just fascinated that someone who flew around the world and have visited 50 countries consider LH biz as a good way to travel.
It was a great way to travel to Eastern Europe and Africa compared to some of the other options that were available to me If you have something less abstract I'm all ears.

And in any case LH is 2x better than TAP, which I see nobody disputing. MUC is 5x better than LIS, even FRA > LIS. The lounge is LIS is terrible and somewhat useless being positioned before the long immigration checkpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.