Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

HA: KIX-JFK RT First Class $2685

Old Sep 26, 21, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

google flights link

Stopover is permitted in HNL at no charge so you could put something pretty attractive together and throw in a trip to hawaii.
135pilot likes this.

Last edited by desafino; Sep 26, 21 at 8:24 pm
Old Sep 26, 21, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Calling the Hawaiian front cabin First Class is a huge stretch. It's not even a good Business Class product.
Old Sep 27, 21, 4:32 am

Spend $300 more and fly Asiana business class. Much better hard and soft product.
Old Sep 27, 21, 12:37 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by SFO777
Calling the Hawaiian front cabin First Class is a huge stretch. It's not even a good Business Class product.
Agreed. However the seat is oddly comfortable. It looks very much not so but it is. Strange.
aquanine and 135pilot like this.
Old Sep 27, 21, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Agreed. However the seat is oddly comfortable. It looks very much not so but it is. Strange.
We will have to agree to disagree. I found it to be probably the most uncomfortable lie-flat I have experienced when flat and I would go way out of my way not to book it again.
Old Sep 27, 21, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
For $300 more you get a proper international business class service and seat. And on one of the Big 3 alliances.
Old Sep 28, 21, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, AAdvantage Platinum, Air Canada 25K
While opinions on different international biz products are valuable that's not the reason for this forum or thread. The purpose is to post business deals, of which this is one
z4017 and Dog250 like this.
Old Sep 28, 21, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA, AS
For me whether or not it is a deal includes the quality of the product. A Business Class offer may not be a deal if the product is sub par. YMMV.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Sep 28, 21, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
For me whether or not it is a deal includes the quality of the product. A Business Class offer may not be a deal if the product is sub par. YMMV.
I agree. It's all about the value proposition. A good deal based on price alone can very well turns into a bad one if the product is consistently inferior. We need to be well-informed consumers.

I may as well add that I flew HA SFO-HNL-SYD once and had a bad experience with ground services, with poor communication, misleading, conflicting and wrong information provided by various staff at various touch points (call center, SFO, HNL airports). Even their HNL staff made a comment to me that they are not up to par for their international service. I wouldn't fly them internationally again.
Old Sep 28, 21, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I think calling this "First Class" is somewhat misleading. The international leg is business and only the domestic leg is First. However, it's the same seat/plane for both legs. It's just the annoying habit of US carriers to market domestic business as "First" even it's just a regular recliner seat. There are now even reversals: Delta One (which can be nice on newer planes) is sold as business where as the old recliner seats as first. So now business class is much nicer than first ?? It's really confusing.

Last edited by Hilmar Lehnert; Sep 28, 21 at 7:59 pm Reason: grammar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.