Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-MIA or vice versa from $797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-MIA or vice versa from $797

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Im doing this run a few times as well, to both LIM and BOG in lie flats... amazing deal!

I did a same plane turn two weekends in a row at Honduras in Tegucigalpa for mileage run(didn't get off plane, just flew back. FA"s thought it was too funny), and didn't use Nexus for one of the times... got immediately sent to secondary, customs had no idea why id do that.

Last edited by SKYEG; Sep 27, 2021 at 11:15 am
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
I've had the same issue with secondary twice at MIA a returning from PTY on the same plane. Both times the officer looked bewildered when I attempted to explain what a mileage run was.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by snabbu
I've had the same issue with secondary twice at MIA a returning from PTY on the same plane. Both times the officer looked bewildered when I attempted to explain what a mileage run was.
Only time I've been hassled after a MR was at MIA returning from PTY. Didn't get to secondary, but did get stopped in the baggage claim as I was about to walk out.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Love the W Bogotá but I may love the Grand Hyatt and the Artisan DC even more after trying them out a week or so ago.
The Artisan is great
tobikosan and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
is there a quarantine when you enter bogota?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
no test, no quarantine
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
For the way out, there are many laboratories that come directly to your hotel to do your negative PCR test/Antigen test to fly back to Canada/USA, respectively.

I shopped around and it's around $25USD for the Antigen, and $73USD for PCR. Antigen you get it within an hour, PCR within 12 hours. They have this service in BOG,MDE,CTG afaik
seanp7, tobikosan and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:48 pm
Suspended

I've also been pulled aside getting off a BOG-MIA flight...I almost wanted to be like "come on man, how dumb would you have to be to run blow into Miami from Bogota on a commercial flight?"
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:07 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
To get back to the original thread - what was never mentioned was that this works one way for half this. I've booked (thanks to you) a one way in a 777 in J from LAX - MIA, What pleases me most are the 140 Tier Points that this distance and fare attract. Many Thanks
tobikosan and ubiest like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:12 am

LAX-MIA-SAL, SEA-LAX-MIA-GUA, SEA-LAX-MIA-SAP, LAX-MIA,PTY, PHX-LAX-MIA-SAP, LAS-LAX-MIA-SAL ,

These and MANY other one ways work for $240usd-$350usd One Way, flagship biz LAX-MIA great value

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.