Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA: Ams/nce - usa j $1300

BA/AA: Ams/nce - usa j $1300

Old Sep 3, 21, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Remember for a lot of Europe countries you're considered to have traveled from the country you flew in from. Thus if you fly say DEN-FRA-AMS, after you land in Germany and then fly to Netherlands you're considered to have come from Germany, not the US for NL COVID restrictions.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 3, 21, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Remember for a lot of Europe countries you're considered to have traveled from the country you flew in from. Thus if you fly say DEN-FRA-AMS, after you land in Germany and then fly to Netherlands you're considered to have come from Germany, not the US for NL COVID restrictions.
I believe the Netherlands has taken an approach like the US, in that there is a 10 day window that you cant have been in a very high risk area preceding arrival.
Old Sep 3, 21, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
I believe the Netherlands has taken an approach like the US, in that there is a 10 day window that you cant have been in a very high risk area preceding arrival.
The agent there said they go by where you flew in from. The rules as published actually dont make a lot of sense. (It's contradicting itself within published rules)

Last edited by flyerCO; Sep 3, 21 at 8:03 pm
Old Sep 4, 21, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
I have another question about BA change policy. First leg of itinerary is AMS-LHR-JFK-RDU in November, return portion is not until June, as this BA booking is for 2 different trips. With the Netherlands newly imposing mandatory quarantine for travelers coming from the US, Im now trying to figure out my options.

1. I have an award ticket flying Lufthansa CLT-MUC-AMS to start this trip. Assuming Germany doesnt follow with this quarantine, Id like to change my BA ticketed flights to MUC-LHR-JFK-RDU (so only the first leg). By doing this, will all the flights need to be repriced?

2. If all flights need to be repriced with any kind of change, can I just drop the AMS-LHR segment without repricing?

3. Any other suggestions? Id like to avoid cancelling the trip altogether, as we have a long family trip planned in June/July to The French Riviera and Italy as the return portion of the BA booking. And our TRN-MAD-JFK-RDU true return have already been booked on Iberia in July. I would not care at all about losing the Amsterdam trip in November.
A better plan came to mind. Keep the entire BA ticket as is, and wait until late October for any reversal. If nothing changes, I will change my Air Canada award booking flying Lufthansa CLT-MUC-AMS to RDU-IAD-FRA. That will give us the option of spending time on the Rhine,
somewhere else in Germany, or Luxembourg and still be within a decent train ride to AMS to start this BA booking, as the new Netherlands rules would seem to allow this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
I booked AMS-LHR-LAX round trip as part of this sale. Outbound is on 12/29/2021. Initially BA 281 (LHR-LAX) was showing as Club World Suites with seat map showing 4 across. It appears that flight is now being operated with the old 777 with 8 across. Such a bummer. What are my options? I could cancel and get a voucher, but would rather find a way to fly on the Suites. Looks like the new 777 is being taken off the LAX route in early Dec, corresponding to the re-introduction of the A380 to LAX.
Old Oct 9, 21, 11:33 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
I booked AMS-LHR-LAX round trip as part of this sale. Outbound is on 12/29/2021. Initially BA 281 (LHR-LAX) was showing as Club World Suites with seat map showing 4 across. It appears that flight is now being operated with the old 777 with 8 across. Such a bummer. What are my options? I could cancel and get a voucher, but would rather find a way to fly on the Suites. Looks like the new 777 is being taken off the LAX route in early Dec, corresponding to the re-introduction of the A380 to LAX.
Either wait and see what happens to the aircraft; you're still 2 months out. Or, call BA and ask for a different routing that includes Club Suites. They may allow that, but there is only one way to find out.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 9, 21, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
Either wait and see what happens to the aircraft; you're still 2 months out. Or, call BA and ask for a different routing that includes Club Suites. They may allow that, but there is only one way to find out.
They are acting as if rescheduling this is an incredible pain and that they need to send the return LAX-LHR-NCE to the rate desk etc etc . Then they promised after being on hold long 3 times that they would send me an email that I could respond yer or no to and instead just sent an email to get in line and call them again. Will report back data point if they are able to change. I also would rather not just have the credit/refund
Old Oct 9, 21, 12:17 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
Im due to fly LHR-SEA and have the same issue.. I reached out BA on twitter and theyre willing to rebook me on AA flight on the same route.. will give it another thought but probably thats the better of two bad options..
Old Oct 9, 21, 12:27 pm

The equipment downgrade is indeed a bummer. I already completed the outbound part of my trip (AMS-USA) on AA metal. Was hoping to get the suites on the inbound in the Spring. My original schedule was on AY out of MIA. But AY just devalued its earnings compared to other OW carriers. I would also prefer to depart from the West Coast. Any chance the airline or travel agency would replace MIA-HEL-AMS with LAX-MAD/LHR-AMS?

If I'm stuck with older equipment, what airline should I choose for the inbound portion?
Old Oct 9, 21, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
This is a bummer on the LAX route. It seems incredibly unreliable to get the new 777. I remember last year I flew LAX-LHR and the check in agent happily proclaimed we get to try the new seats, even though our seating chart was 8 across. Well needless to say he got our hopes up for nothing
​​​​
I flew the first portion of my ticket which was AMS-DFW-LAX. My return is LAX-LAS-LHR-AMS in December. I chose this routing to get the A350, but even that has switched back and forth since I booked it.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Oct 9, 21 at 4:01 pm
Old Oct 9, 21, 4:25 pm

Any chance Iberia would upgrade LAX-MAD to A350?
Old Oct 9, 21, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sluneckov View Post
Im due to fly LHR-SEA and have the same issue.. I reached out BA on twitter and theyre willing to rebook me on AA flight on the same route.. will give it another thought but probably thats the better of two bad options..
Where did you reach them on Twitter? My twitter goes days without a response from them. Then a form asking basic info. Thx
Old Oct 10, 21, 5:42 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
Where did you reach them on Twitter? My twitter goes days without a response from them. Then a form asking basic info. Thx
I always get fast response through the official BA account. I go via executive club membership queries in direct message. Not sure if status helps but as I said I always contact them this way and never had a problem
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 10, 21, 10:15 am

I always get fast response through the official BA account. I go via executive club membership queries in direct message. Not sure if status helps but as I said I always contact them this way and never had a problem
I am also looking to change a return LAX-LHR-NCE to some time in Jan or even later. What I need is a date that I can change to without a fee and best seat option available. I have an AA flight on Oct 19th ATM and would rather not just fly it as mileage run. Does anyone have a date far out into the future that they were able to change to from LAX without fee? If so I would greatly appreciate it because os of now I hold for 45 min then get someone to keep me on hold another 30 minutes then tell me they will call me back and instead they send automated email to get back in line call them and start over. THX
Old Oct 11, 21, 12:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Im sorry could you explain how to do that please? I cannot find such an account in Twitter.

Search this Thread