Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA: Ams/nce - usa j $1300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/AA: Ams/nce - usa j $1300

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: skymiles
Aa ams-sea/lax $1252-$1274

Amsterdam to SEA/LAX wide availability round trip under $1300
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There are a few existing threads for this fare.
JJeffrey and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Has this been pulled? I can't find it. AMS/DUB-LAX/SEA and a few other combos all price much higher.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zoombee
Has this been pulled? I can't find it. AMS/DUB-LAX/SEA and a few other combos all price much higher.
AMS is pulled, NCE is pulled.
But Dublin is still there.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AMS is pulled, NCE is pulled.
But Dublin is still there.
I don't see DUB pricing to most of the cities that were in the ~$1300 range from AMS.

Do you have a sample date?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I don't see DUB pricing to most of the cities that were in the ~$1300 range from AMS.

Do you have a sample date?
Here you go

Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:21 pm

Ah - yes, but that's much higher and only available far out.

The original fare was available for dates within the next few days going out to end of schedule.

If you're looking at 2022 then CDG is also pretty cheap (~$1500).

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Here you go

Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Ah - yes, but that's much higher and only available far out.

The original fare was available for dates within the next few days going out to end of schedule.

If you're looking at 2022 then CDG is also pretty cheap (~$1500).
AMS was the only round-trip discounted fare that didn't have an APEX.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:46 am

I have another question about BA change policy. First leg of itinerary is AMS-LHR-JFK-RDU in November, return portion is not until June, as this BA booking is for 2 different trips. With the Netherlands newly imposing mandatory quarantine for travelers coming from the US, I’m now trying to figure out my options.

1. I have an award ticket flying Lufthansa CLT-MUC-AMS to start this trip. Assuming Germany doesn’t follow with this quarantine, I’d like to change my BA ticketed flights to MUC-LHR-JFK-RDU (so only the first leg). By doing this, will all the flights need to be repriced?

2. If all flights need to be repriced with any kind of change, can I just drop the AMS-LHR segment without repricing?

3. Any other suggestions? I’d like to avoid cancelling the trip altogether, as we have a long family trip planned in June/July to The French Riviera and Italy as the “return” portion of the BA booking. And our TRN-MAD-JFK-RDU true return have already been booked on Iberia in July. I would not care at all about losing the Amsterdam trip in November.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:58 am

2. If all flights need to be repriced with any kind of change, can I just drop the AMS-LHR segment without repricing?

Don't - as the part of the ticket, if you drop any segment (esp this is your first segment, your whole ticket will be invalid).

I just flown my outbound AMS-LAX and have my return in early 2022. If situation did not improved by then, I assume as long as there's a transfer in AMS (even on another carrier) it should be allowed?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by anchor79

Don't - as the part of the ticket, if you drop any segment (esp this is your first segment, your whole ticket will be invalid).

I just flown my outbound AMS-LAX and have my return in early 2022. If situation did not improved by then, I assume as long as there's a transfer in AMS (even on another carrier) it should be allowed?
By drop, I meant calling BA to eliminate the first leg. But I don't know if that's possible without a repricing.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:18 am

I have a flight AMS-LAX coming up on December 30th 2021, if the situation doesn't improve I'm thinking about flying to Paris and taking the train to Amsterdam to catch my flight.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:20 am

I have one more leg LAX-AMS coming up in later, do you think BA will allow us to change to ~300 miles radius (Paris/Western Germany) at this point or so without repricing?
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
For those querying BA’s 300 mile change policy - unless they cancel the flight, they will reprice the ticket you originally booked, especially given the sale they had on these routings. For those not flying in the next 2 weeks, hold on until 14 days before your flight - BA (unlike AA) tend to change their schedules closer to departure (but greater then 14 days before departure as under that exposes them to EC261). So just hold tight, and if BA cancel your LHR - AMS - LHR legs (or any leg) you have a lot more flexibility to change the ticket.

Pilot37
anchor79 and Flamenguista like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:03 pm

I booked ZRH-LHR-LAS / SFO-LHR-AMS as part of this sale and was pondering what to do when I saw the news in regards to quarantine this morning. Luckily, BA canceled the LHR-LAS direct today so I'm just going to refund the entire ticket. It seems like they're rolling the cancellations out slowly as that flight is still scheduled to fly two days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.