Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF/KL/DL/VS: MAD/HEL to US Biz - from $1100

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF/KL/DL/VS: MAD/HEL to US Biz - from $1100

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
after hemming and hawing - I got a provisional booking... but looking for a better return. Right now it's ex-PHL 2 Nov, but not happy with the routing. Want to route via AMS, and it's two changes of planes... may try ex-ORD
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:55 am

When you book on the KLM site, there is a pop up that says this fare doesn't allow you to select seats... kind of weird for business class, but I guess they figure you have to give up something if you want the rock bottom fare.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
When you book on the KLM site, there is a pop up that says this fare doesn't allow you to select seats... kind of weird for business class, but I guess they figure you have to give up something if you want the rock bottom fare.
I've booked DL flights through KL and could select my seats no problem.
Maybe it's the DL flights that did the trick!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:03 am

I think Dl lets you select flights, and by that I mean DL operated flights.

If you they are KLM operated flights, they put a restriction on it. But I figure, it's cheap enough, and I'm on the long haul AMS-LAX in a lie flat seat, who cares which lie flat it is... (well to a certain extent) but basically they are all good.

Plus I get another house
r0gerthat likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Any educated guesses on how long this will be available? I need this, but am not able to book at the moment.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:49 am

you never know when they are going to pull it. If it's like a couple of days, KLM has an option to hold for 24 hours with 20 EUR payment
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Yeah, that's what I thought also. Thanks for reminding me about the hold option, might very well use it!

Edit: Actually at least on the AF website a full refund is promised for travel before end of year, so that is even smarter than putting a reservation on hold.

Last edited by Alec84; Jul 29, 2021 at 8:28 am
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Alec84
Yeah, that's what I thought also. Thanks for reminding me about the hold option, might very well use it!

Edit: Actually at least on the AF website a full refund is promised for travel before end of year, so that is even smarter than putting a reservation on hold.
If AF offers it, KL offers it. They jointly set pricing/policies, otherwise they'd be competing with each other. (and there's already enough bad blood between AF and KLM staff)
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Alec84

Are you sure about that? My understanding is that refunds are issued in the form of a voucher UNLESS you have canceled flights.

"Our policies are adapting to provide you with maximum flexibility and peace of mind. You can postpone your trip for any reason, receive a refundable voucher if you no longer wish to travel, or get a refund if your flight has been cancelled"
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by xslash10x
Are you sure about that? My understanding is that refunds are issued in the form of a voucher UNLESS you have canceled flights.

"Our policies are adapting to provide you with maximum flexibility and peace of mind. You can postpone your trip for any reason, receive a refundable voucher if you no longer wish to travel, or get a refund if your flight has been cancelled"
REFUNDABLE voucher is key here.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

If you dont use voucher by expiration date, the voucher can be refunded. Basically AF is getting an interest free loan if you don't fly.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:30 pm

Oh that's good to know! Do you have to wait 12 months to get cash refund?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Oh that's good to know! Do you have to wait 12 months to get cash refund?
no I have been able to get money right after voucher issuing.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta PM
This works well for me, in for 2x HEL-IAD in November.

Then on the return, I was able to book GSP(home)-ATL-AMS-HEL for only a few euro more. Nice little open jaw so I don't need to buy a separate ticket.

Booked via Delta as I have plenty of e-credit from the past year. Didn't bother with getting KL/AF marketing as Delta has extended status again.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I am not able to price a multi destination / mixed fare class on AF website.
Would a MAD - MEX (Premium Eco / around 500-600€) combined with MIA - MAD (with this promortion around 600€) work?
I would stay over 2 weeks in Mexico and should therefore be allowed to enter the USA from Mexico (by air)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.