Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK : SIN - EWR $1705 RT Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:05 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Google flights link

- this deal comes and goes (usually only available from MNL) but to most TK US destinations

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
edsh, cl.lurker, vincewy and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:06 am

Would be amazing if it allowed stopovers in IST too? And can turn it into 2 separate trips
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: TK E+
Same price for JFK also.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Would be amazing if it allowed stopovers in IST too? And can turn it into 2 separate trips
Yes, can have free stopover in IST:

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
2 IN TURKEY
AT ANY OTHER POINT.
But note that the fare has a 3 month maximum validity:

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3
MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Thank you so much for this great fare. Understand that TK has some quite flexible rebooking policies, but i could not get the refund policy of this fare.

i doubt they would provide a full refund, but any advice on how much they charge based on this ticket conditions would be appreciated. Things are still so fluid nowadays that the ability to refund becomes such an important criteria for evaluation. Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Good fare if going to the US anyway. To use this fare will cost $4200 return for an individual traveller or $3500 per pax for a couple travelling together. Still quite good.
gogooo likes this.

Last edited by lokijuh; Jul 23, 2021 at 12:19 am
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Good fare of going to the US anyway. To use this fare will cost $4200 return for an individual traveller or $3500 per pax for a couple travelling together. Still quite good.
? Its $1705 per passenger RT. Not sure what you're talking about, but it isn't this.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
? Its $1705 per passenger RT. Not sure what you're talking about, but it isn't this.
Easy to get attracted by the fare, which is great, but the cost of utilizing the fare, as with any ex-SIN travel, is higher than the fare right now. The costs (which add up roughly to the two amounts I mentioned in SGD) include the airfare, 4 x COVID PCR tests (pre-departure Covid tests for both legs, a test on arrival, a test during SHN ) + 2 weeks SHN in hotel quarantine in addition to the airfare.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Easy to get attracted by the fare, which is great, but the cost of utilizing the fare, as with any ex-SIN travel, is higher than the fare right now. The costs (which add up roughly to the two amounts I mentioned in SGD) include the airfare, 4 x COVID PCR tests (pre-departure Covid tests for both legs, a test on arrival, a test during SHN ) + 2 weeks SHN in hotel quarantine in addition to the airfare.
Has nothing to do with the fare itself. This is very deceptive as none of those things might even apply.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:58 am

Has nothing to do with the fare itself. This is very deceptive as none of those things might even apply.
Would you rather discuss and learn "those things" now or when you're locked up in SIN quarantine and 2 weeks late for your flight?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Come on.... unless you are in Singapore and planning an escape, this is a pipe dream for the near future.

The fare runs through next year, so there's a chance restrictions might ease. But why take the risk?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:46 am

Yes they might not. But as the fare looks to be non-refundable, if you weren't someone who has the right to be in Singapore (Citizen, Permanent Resident or Long Term Pass Holder) , the fare would be purely speculative. If not in the first two of those categories, wouldn't touch it for a journey starting in 2021 (currently connections on separate tickets not allowed, so you couldn't arrive and turn around airside, which is normally possible in SIN, to take advantage of the fare) , and for 2022 there still a risk, if not having the right to live here. Even though fare is non-refundable, what are the rules around re-issue - can you re-issue from a different country of origin?

Yes there is a chance that Singapore will open up to vaccinated travellers from certain countries (including US), but at the moment rules are also based on transit point not just origin so someone flying via IST might still be caught up in any rules relating to transiting Turkey, not just originating in US.

Great fare for someone in SIN who wants or needs to be in the US, though.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Yes they might not. But as the fare looks to be non-refundable, if you weren't someone who has the right to be in Singapore (Citizen, Permanent Resident or Long Term Pass Holder) , the fare would be purely speculative. If not in the first two of those categories, wouldn't touch it for a journey starting in 2021 (currently connections on separate tickets not allowed, so you couldn't arrive and turn around airside, which is normally possible in SIN, to take advantage of the fare) , and for 2022 there still a risk, if not having the right to live here. Even though fare is non-refundable, what are the rules around re-issue - can you re-issue from a different country of origin?

Yes there is a chance that Singapore will open up to vaccinated travellers from certain countries (including US), but at the moment rules are also based on transit point not just origin so someone flying via IST might still be caught up in any rules relating to transiting Turkey, not just originating in US.

Great fare for someone in SIN who wants or needs to be in the US, though.
You can book this fare till EOS. So for instance we have this sample in June 2022, we are a Frequent Flyer community and yes we recognize border issues, the ongoing Pandemic etc. But at some point we need to look towards the future and even do a risk / return calculation.

Will SIN borders be open in June 2022 ? Who knows, if you know the exact answer please share winning lotto numbers (with date/location) haha but realistically can one assume a change in border policy in 11 months? I would feel somewhat comfortable with those odds...

June 2022 Sample Flights
trooper and andigoeskiwi like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Will SIN borders be open in June 2022 ? Who knows, if you know the exact answer please share winning lotto numbers (with date/location) haha but realistically can one assume a change in border policy in 11 months? I would feel somewhat comfortable with those odds...
We all have different tolerances for different odds There will be a change in border policy in 11 months, although I'm pessimistic that this sort of itinerary will be available to casual visitors in a hurry. I'd say there's a 20% chance of a foreigner being able to complete that trip by mid 2022. Funny thing, there's a discussion in another thread which I've been participating in, discussing the merits of Singapore government wanting to find ways to bring back at some tourists in a safe manner, and at least one posters alludes to my comments being too optimistic. On this thread I'm clearly far too pessimistic ....

Just got to understand the Singapore goverment pschye/philosophy. It's not as draconian as New Zealand or my home country, Australia, but it's certainly more at that end of the spectrum than at the Mexico end of the spectrum regarding travel right now.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:15 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Isn't SIN already open for transfers? Does it really need to be on one ticket?

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=kataac8r

The official language says 'should' not 'must':

Customers should book the full journey on one ticket, instead of splitting it up into separate tickets, to comply with regulatory requirements during this period. They should also ensure that they meet the entry requirements for their final destination.

Only passengers travelling with an airline whose transfer routes have been approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) will be allowed to transit in Singapore. Transfers between Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air Niugini, Garuda Indonesia, Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines and Turkish Airlines have been approved by CAAS for transit in Singapore. Transfers to and from flights operated by other airlines, that have not been approved by CAAS are currently not allowed.

Last edited by MightyTravels; Jul 23, 2021 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.