Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : LAX - MAD $1275 RT Business Class

AM : LAX - MAD $1275 RT Business Class

Old Jul 19, 21, 6:43 pm

Programs: JB Mosaic - DL Gold - Hyatt Explorist
Might hit Diamond, even. Wooooooo.
Old Jul 20, 21, 12:45 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
For these overnight layovers, and I do not want to add MEX stamp to my passport, is there an option ?
Old Jul 20, 21, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
For these overnight layovers, and I do not want to add MEX stamp to my passport, is there an option ?
No, MEX doesnt offer a sterile international - international connection even on a short layover.
flyerCO and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 20, 21, 5:59 pm

darn, no longer there, any luck from AM ?
Old Jul 20, 21, 6:08 pm

darn, no longer there, any luck from AM ?
Minimum 7 days, November is wide open for $1275 on AM. 3 out of 4 legs on 787 lie-flats.

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/XL9u
ccna101 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 20, 21, 6:31 pm

thanks for confirming: I need MR within the next 2 months --- will have to keep looking.
Old Jul 20, 21, 6:51 pm

thanks for confirming: I need MR within the next 2 months --- will have to keep looking.
What are you shooting for? I was looking for ICN-MEX, then MEX to EZE on AM.
Old Jul 21, 21, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by CaboRado View Post
What are you shooting for? I was looking for ICN-MEX, then MEX to EZE on AM.
I need to earn 17K MQM on DL and this seem to fit the bill, I am looking within 2 months... and no luck with 5-6-7- days !?
THere seem to be only bookable via OTA (google flight) but not available directly via AM / Premier class with this price.

Let me know if this is my mistake ?!
Old Jul 21, 21, 9:49 am

I need to earn 17K MQM on DL and this seem to fit the bill, I am looking within 2 months... and no luck with 5-6-7- days !?
THere seem to be only bookable via OTA (google flight) but not available directly via AM / Premier class with this price.

Let me know if this is my mistake ?!
I still see some
availability on my end.

https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/boo...=GoogleFlights
ccna101 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 21, 9:57 am

Thank you, must be my mistake ... Looking at it now...
Old Jul 21, 21, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by CaboRado View Post
Nabbed 2 as an MDQ run. Just cant seem to change my SkyMiles number, but hopefully DL will credit it.
CaboRado Just make sure your DL SM# is on your BOARDING PASS when you print out. If not, go to counter BEFORE you do anything else at airport and make sure AM updates their system and prints out a NEW boarding pass.
(my data point: more than once, many times, I have found that my SM # is not on my boarding pass, but was in the reservation online with AM, but I lost those flights because DL would not credit) I always now make sure to have SM# on the printed at the airport boarding pass from AM on the first leg I do with AM and have never had a problem since with DL SM credit)
CaboRado likes this.
Old Jul 21, 21, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rizrizriz View Post
CaboRado Just make sure your DL SM# is on your BOARDING PASS when you print out. If not, go to counter BEFORE you do anything else at airport and make sure AM updates their system and prints out a NEW boarding pass.
(my data point: more than once, many times, I have found that my SM # is not on my boarding pass, but was in the reservation online with AM, but I lost those flights because DL would not credit) I always now make sure to have SM# on the printed at the airport boarding pass from AM on the first leg I do with AM and have never had a problem since with DL SM credit)
It doesn't need to be on the BP. However what you don't want is an OAL FF# to show. Nowadays you just put in the ticket number if miles don't post. You don't even submit BP. Having the right FF# show is really only concern if you have a 2nd FF# in reservation. In that case, want correct one on each BP in case miles post to wrong program.
CaboRado likes this.
Old Jul 21, 21, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by rizrizriz View Post
Noted, and thanks. I will finagle with the gate agent.

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
It doesn't need to be on the BP. However what you don't want is an OAL FF# to show. Nowadays you just put in the ticket number if miles don't post. You don't even submit BP. Having the right FF# show is really only concern if you have a 2nd FF# in reservation. In that case, want correct one on each BP in case miles post to wrong program.
ive had issues crediting sky Miles from Icelandair to Delta, but they were all sorted out eventually. I expect AM to be less trouble.
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I am glad it worked out for you flyerCO but even with the ticket number I was not able to get Delta to budge (trust me, I spent months going back and forth, with about 2 weeks each time for a reply)
On the other hand, EVERY SINGLE ONE of my AM flights for the last 3 or so years that DID have a DL SM# on it (well over 25 or 30 individual flights) I have NEVER had an issue with SM (and in particular MQD/MQM) showing up, simply waiting a couple days.....

I do agree with you that if there are perhaps two SM # associated with a person, that might be an issue. But I will still continue to make sure my SM# is on the boarding pass, because then it means that its in the AM system associated with that ticket and reservation and while the Web site asks for it. I have found it will do nothing with it UNLESS your first leg is a Delta operated station.
Old Jul 21, 21, 5:17 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: DL DM/2M,AA CK/2M,UA GLD/1M,AS 75k,LH SEN,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT LT GLD,HRTZ PC
I don't understand why you are having trouble adding your SM number to your AM reservation. We have a trip booked, and I was able to add our SM numbers during the online booking. The only odd thing is that in the alphabetical airline list, Delta was listed as Skymiles, rather than as Delta. The numbers show correctly in our trip, which I just retrieved online. Have you tried calling AM?

Search this Thread