FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   BA First: SEA-HAM RT $3250 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2046061-ba-first-sea-ham-rt-3250-a.html)

M Singh Jul 7, 2021 12:41 pm

BA First: SEA-HAM RT $3250

BA FIRST FOR $3250
BA J FOR $2044:
https://www.google.ca/travel/flights...XNUEgYIARAAGAA

TEDisgone Jul 7, 2021 2:10 pm

There seem to be quite a few cities around the western half of the US with either sub $3k F (sub $2k J) fares or just a few dollars over it to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (DACH). Even some surprising cities are offering them...

danger Jul 8, 2021 3:17 am

Originally Posted by TEDisgone (Post 33388697)
There seem to be quite a few cities around the western half of the US with either sub $3k F (sub $2k J) fares or just a few dollars over it to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (DACH). Even some surprising cities are offering them...

Would you like to perhaps provide an example or two?

Beckles Jul 8, 2021 11:33 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 33390077)
Would you like to perhaps provide an example or two?

I pretty easily found several options using Google flights, I was looking at LAX-ZRH (11/7 to 11/14) and found options from MCI, PHX, DEN, MSP, IAH and SEA to ZRH as well around the same time. I was able to get LAX-ZRH in Club World down to $1,600 using both AARP and Chase BA 10% off, and found an intriguing for my family MCI-ZRH with a stopover in London in Club World for $2k (Chase BA 10% off doesn't work since it's not all BA metal, AARP does). Looks like everyone (DL, UA, LH, etc.) has matched the Club World fares from DFW for this, DFW-ZRH is about $1.8k on a bunch of different airlines/alliances.

Edited to add: DFW-ZRH can be done for $1.5k in Club World and $2.5k in First using AARP and Chase BA 10% off.

sinecure Jul 8, 2021 9:10 pm

Thanks OP. Fares are also valid on open jaw trips.

jbalmuth Jul 9, 2021 8:54 am

For example, SFO - MIL (RT) in F is $2,750 per person inclusive of the AARP discount. [I had not known that the AARP discount still functioned on F tickets, but it does, at least for our 2022 May-June itinerary.]

btw, one serious potential advantage of BA F is their YouFirst service. We used them this week, all via email, to cancel an existing trans-Atlantic itinerary, ensuring that we would receive an e-Voucher (and not the dreaded Future Travel Voucher). If you, like we, dread the idea of having to waste time in phone queues to reach BA's best agents, the YouFirst service may be your answer. We initiated contact with them here.

sethMCOflyer Jul 14, 2021 6:06 am

Just booked a $2k BA J fare MCO-BER, MUC-MCO for next summer on the new A350. Using the Amex portal took about $50 off.

I rarely see J deals out of MCO so this felt good. The only weird thing is that BA charges for seat selection in J, $130 to just select a seat.

466SHH Jul 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 33406378)
Just booked a $2k BA J fare MCO-BER, MUC-MCO for next summer on the new A350. Using the Amex portal took about $50 off.

I rarely see J deals out of MCO so this felt good. The only weird thing is that BA charges for seat selection in J, $130 to just select a seat.

If you are a One World Sapphire or Emerald, you don't have to pay for seat selection. (I have no experience with Ruby, so I cannot say) . Finish your booking without choosing seats. I assume you are crediting to AA, as I did. Be sure to put in the FF program you want to credit. Once the ticket is issued (which only took about 5 minutes), go to Manage My Booking and it will allow you to choose seats for free. It will also reflect the correct baggage allowance..

sethMCOflyer Jul 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH (Post 33410721)
If you are a One World Sapphire or Emerald, you don't have to pay for seat selection. (I have no experience with Ruby, so I cannot say) . Finish your booking without choosing seats. I assume you are crediting to AA, as I did. Be sure to put in the FF program you want to credit. Once the ticket is issued (which only took about 5 minutes), go to Manage My Booking and it will allow you to choose seats for free. It will also reflect the correct baggage allowance..

I don’t have an AA account or OW status. It’s just amusing we’re at the point of business class not including free seat selection.

seanp7 Jul 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 33410843)
I don’t have an AA account or OW status. It’s just amusing we’re at the point of business class not including free seat selection.

Search FT and you’ll find 10 years of conversations about this, and you can post as much as you’d like about it there. 🙂

TEDisgone Jul 24, 2021 3:41 pm

I'm reviewing these fares again (with hopes that we won't be on "Variant Sigma" by next June) and there seems to be an oddity happening right now concerning J vs. F:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4e2d212fc1.png

I mean, if you insist that I fly in First...

dave9lax Jul 24, 2021 6:55 pm

Is there dates for this fare. Like the sample you provided? TEDisgone with chase and aarp that might be like 1k each way for 1st??

flyerCO Jul 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by dave9lax (Post 33434990)
Is there dates for this fare. Like the sample you provided? TEDisgone with chase and aarp that might be like 1k each way for 1st??

I think it was an error. Most likely confused due to AS segment. (It was only those routes via SEA that seemed to do this) However the price for F above is now correctly showing as J. The price shown for J is now correctly showing as F. However BA isn't letting you book F right now, only J. Think they caught on very quickly.

TEDisgone Jul 24, 2021 7:38 pm

It's pretty wide open all the way through June but here is one: PDX-BER
AARP gets it down to almost $2,800.

San Francisco is also wide open and I was able to price it down to $2,540 with both AARP and the Chase discount:
SFO-BER

I'd take the SFO fare because even with a separate ticket to/from PDX, it'll still be cheaper since we can't use the Chase code on non-BA flights.

flyerCO Jul 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone (Post 33435067)
It's pretty wide open all the way through June but here is one: PDX-BER
AARP gets it down to almost $2,800.

San Francisco is also wide open and I was able to price it down to $2,540 with both AARP and the Chase discount:
SFO-BER

I'd take the SFO fare because even with a separate ticket to/from PDX, it'll still be cheaper since we can't use the Chase code on non-BA flights.

Yeah, system was confused on which was F and J price for Tedisgone post. The $3k approx price is for F. $1.5k for J.