Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EY : DOH - HKT $662 RT Business

EY : DOH - HKT $662 RT Business

Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by zaibii
Here’s my summary of the call with Etihad just now
I checked your dates, and it shows that W class (the DOH-HKT original) is not available for your dates and destination.. neither for any other destination, D class only. Or did you book under another booking class? Maybe my matrix doesnt work.. thank you for clarification
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:55 am

I just called the call center to double check everything - we are allowed to change both the origin and destination airports. We are only able to change to "value" seats (Z, W booking codes).

I think the line in zone 8 is just a line....

Last edited by thelister; Jun 9, 2021 at 7:01 am
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond , Marriott Gold , IHG Plat
Booking class availability

Originally Posted by fridgy
I checked your dates, and it shows that W class (the DOH-HKT original) is not available for your dates and destination.. neither for any other destination, D class only. Or did you book under another booking class? Maybe my matrix doesnt work.. thank you for clarification
How do you get to see booking class availability?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by thelister
Can you tell me if the DEPARTING country is okay to change as well?
Yes, you can change origin or destination as long as its in the same zone
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:43 am

I live in Thailand and can just warn everyone to book that (if you intend to fly to HKT). Rebooking to other destinations in the Asia zone is fine, but even with the HKT reopening you will still need the COE from the embassy to enter the country. As you also have to upload your flights/vaccination certificate in that process, they will mostly require a COE issued in Qatar/UAE/BAH or wherever you will board your flight in the region. I've done that process twice, so I know what I am talking about. As soon as you leave the transit area, you most probably also need a new negative covid test from that country. Thailand is super strict in that regard believe me!

That's the biggest risk + if Qatar etc fully reopens in 2021. I would have booked that fare without hesitation in normal times and I indeed still need a flight to BKK/HKT in Sept/Oct. However, just see my post as warning to avoid unpleasant surprises.
NoY and Aston100 like this.

Last edited by pradom; Jun 10, 2021 at 3:23 am
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
Right no more voluntary changes under this rule from end of May.
I did not realise the summary slide of the policy and policy detail (for agents on etihudhub) contradict each other Yes the detailed policy still permits date/ zone change at no fare difference even for voluntary changes.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve booked for the end of March 2022 in the hope of travel being normal and country restrictions having lifted by then.
MightyTravels and HarbourGent like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:04 am

I called Etihad to see about making changes to the destination and they said that free changes are only allowed for travel up to 31 October 2021. However, the website says that you must book by 31 October 2021. Nothing about flying by then.

This is misleading.

Based on other info posted here the agent I spoke to May have got this wrong.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:23 am

According to the comments one can only change to the same booking class (W or Z), but I can't find any other destination in the same region with W/Z. How is anybody able to change this ticket this way?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by arpi001
According to the comments one can only change to the same booking class (W or Z), but I can't find any other destination in the same region with W/Z. How is anybody able to change this ticket this way?
I saw MCT-MNL in W yesterday, for dates in January.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:22 am

Sure, I have checked only ex-DOH
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:37 am

I called Etihad again and spoke to a different agent who also insisted that for the free change that the flight has to happen by 31 October 2021.

I then Tweeted Etihad to ask for clarification and they said that I can change the destination even though I’m not travelling until 2022.

I don’t mind at all travelling to Phuket but this confusion in rules is very frustrating especially as the website and the Tweeter team are saying the opposite to the agents.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
... this confusion in rules is very frustrating especially as the website and the Tweeter team are saying the opposite to the agents.
Word play is a well established advertising ploy. There's actually no confusion -- least favorable interpretation will always apply. Make your decisions on that basis.
fridgy and Deckter like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by MaxVO
least favorable interpretation will always apply. Make your decisions on that basis.
+1
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:06 pm

Managed to change the booking via the help of the Twitter team. It just took 5 hours to do so!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.