Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA, JAL - Business class NYC-CGK $2,410.00 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA, JAL - Business class NYC-CGK $2,410.00 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You know that there is currently a required 8 day quarantine. And foreigners must have been vaccinated, to enter, right? The last I heard you had to stay at specific hotels and book their quarantine packages at “special” pricing, which include 2 Covid tests.
Yup, all restaurants are closed right now as well - only takeaway - and this I believe includes hotel restaurants.

Not a good time to come, maybe better later this or even next year.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by pete_ncl
Yeah, it is - Ritz Pacific Place - it's more modern and in a good area.

I do like the original Ritz Mega Kuningan, very stylish, a little old, in a quiet area yet still in the city center. The rooms are great, and the prices very fair.
We stayed at the Ritz Mega Kuningan last year. We enjoyed their lounge that was in the Italian restaurant, but the hotel was too big, and service was ok, but not outstanding.

We enjoyed the JW Marriott next door much more. Not as ornate, but service was much better.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
We stayed at the Ritz Mega Kuningan last year. We enjoyed their lounge that was in the Italian restaurant, but the hotel was too big, and service was ok, but not outstanding.

We enjoyed the JW Marriott next door much more. Not as ornate, but service was much better.
I haven't stayed at but have been to Marriott, it's very close to Ritz Mega Kuningan. Marriott is even cheaper these days like $60 a night.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL/Marriott/Hilton Gold
Does anyone know whether there’s a risk to chaining this fare together with something else and transiting through CGK? I could connect onwards to Thailand, for example, but not sure based on the language whether a transit will be permissible with current restrictions. I’m also a bit worried I’d catch heat at some destinations for traveling through Indonesia, even if I just transited through.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by popperj
Does anyone know whether there’s a risk to chaining this fare together with something else and transiting through CGK? I could connect onwards to Thailand, for example, but not sure based on the language whether a transit will be permissible with current restrictions. I’m also a bit worried I’d catch heat at some destinations for traveling through Indonesia, even if I just transited through.
Thailand I don't believe will allow you in. Even if they do, the restrictions for entry to Phuket (only place can enter currently) require you stay there for 14 days befor can goto other parts of Thailand.
popperj likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by pete_ncl
I haven't stayed at but have been to Marriott, it's very close to Ritz Mega Kuningan. Marriott is even cheaper these days like $60 a night.
Indonesia is now on Thailand's red list, so the Phuket Sandbox scheme isn't available to you so you would have to quarantine in BKK. Transiting CGK could be a bit risky, but I believe you are allowed if the transit is less than 2hrs. Probably not worth the risk of being thrown into 8 days of quarantine however...
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL/Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Thailand I don't believe will allow you in. Even if they do, the restrictions for entry to Phuket (only place can enter currently) require you stay there for 14 days befor can goto other parts of Thailand.
Thank you! That's what I assumed, but it's a really nice fare and I was hoping I could justify ignoring common sense and flying through a pandemic epicenter.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Current entry restrictions in Indonesia do not allow transit, either International or Domestic - you'd have to enter Indonesia with a visa and quarantine for 8 days before you'd be allowed to fly to Thailand, and that's also a no-go since the Phuket sandbox scheme bans Indonesia arrivals currently as well.

Thank you! That's what I assumed, but it's a really nice fare and I was hoping I could justify ignoring common sense and flying through a pandemic epicenter.
it is a great fare, and I've used it recently; it's one of the few Int'l fares that also work in reverse (CGK-NYC rt)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: DL, UA, Marcopolo, HH Diamond
10 days in Jkt is boring. Go to Bali or Labuan Bajo after quarantine.

Originally Posted by planes&trains
I was hoping to make this about coffee and food and at a leisurely pace. Maybe I got carried away by the attractive pricing on longer stay. Back to the drawing board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.