Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MNL-DXB Qsuites USD 800

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 6:58 am
Original Poster

MNL-DXB Qsuites USD 800

Qsuites all the way to DXB via DOH, R fare so lounge or seat selection unless you hold OW status.

another £100 off if you have the Amex offer saved and book through Amex travel

Last edited by haroon145; May 13, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Old May 13, 2021, 7:07 am

Awesome fare. GF prices at $767 but on QR changes to $800. Also available from CRK
Round trip to Dubai | Google Flights
Old May 13, 2021, 7:31 am

Appears to be available up to end of November as far as can tell.

lounge access both ways adds about $300. Not sure how much paid access would be to Al Mourjan / Al Safwa each way now, and if that could work out cheaper, instead instead of including in more expensive booking class.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Appears to be available up to end of November as far as can tell.

lounge access both ways adds about $300. Not sure how much paid access would be to Al Mourjan / Al Safwa each way now, and if that could work out cheaper, instead instead of including in more expensive booking class.
It is with departure before nov 30 the return can be 6 months after departure.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Awesome fare. GF prices at $767 but on QR changes to $800. Also available from CRK
No Q Suites on the long haul thought
Old May 13, 2021, 8:14 am

From BKK $1005 and Phuket $1170.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Thanks for sharing.

Also available from CEB. I´m flying DOH-CEB next month (part of a return trip DXB-DOH-CEB I booked in April) and have just chosen a rear facing seat, Q Suite
haroon145 and advisorytoptop like this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; May 16, 2021 at 3:34 am
Old May 13, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by zaibii
No Q Suites on the long haul thought
i booked all 4 flights in qsuites many dates available.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: free agent
Bummer that Philippines isn’t open to tourists anytime soon to take advantage of this deal.
laptoptravel likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, Aeromexico, Delta
EK is matching this fare

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/qp8k
thefilipinotraveler and plae like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Is it still allowed to make changes without paying a fare difference? I remember generous rules including changing destination or origin without fare difference.
Old May 13, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Thanks for sharing. Also available from CEB. I´m flying DOH-CEB next month and have just chosen a rear facing seat, Q Suite
Best seats in the house.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:00 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by David7
Is it still allowed to make changes without paying a fare difference? I remember generous rules including changing destination or origin without fare difference.
This is a good question, if changes are still possible then this is a awesome deal!
Old May 14, 2021, 3:12 am

From QR website:

“we are extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 30 June 2021 for travel up to 31 May 2022.*

On unlimited changes they state:

“You can change your travel date and destination within the same booking class, as often as you need with no fees. (Fare difference will apply)”

* Rebook into the same booking class (RBD) and ticketed fare basis as the original ticket
Any difference in fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges will apply

So I’m guessing the Tavel with confidence policy is effectively useless for changing these tickets in another destination, as those tickets are more expensive.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by David7
It's a bit of a mess. QR had some whacky policies in force, permitting the purchase of a sales fare Boston to Kiev, which could then be changed to San Francisco Bangkok. Clearly that policy attracted a number of gamers and chancers, some managing to extend tickets to San Francisco Australia/NZ (the long way round ). But those days are over.

Cancellation by QR still opens up some interesting change opportunities, and there are more complex rules attached to Covid restrictions and quarantine at your destination.

But beware - some of these might be "goodwill" in nature and could be withdrawn or changed anytime, even after you've bought the ticket.

"Voluntary" changes to origin/destination attract re-pricing.
Cancellation with refund on request is the only bright spot: at the moment this is offered for tickets purchased until the end of June. As this is published as a commitment/guarantee on passenger-facing pages of its website it will be difficult for QR to attempt to rescind post-purchase: just make sure the guarantee is in force on the day you purchase a ticket.

This should apply to all channels of purchase, but i reckon it's better to avoid potential complications by paying the difference and booking with QR itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.