Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR- IAD to Africa ~$2300ish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:22 am
Original Poster

QR have flights on sales from IAD to number of destination in Africa for about $2,300 and up. Flights availability is until end of calendar in R, so no lounge access. Just don't know if travel to these destinations are feasible during this time. This is to Zanzibar city for $2,280 https://www.google.com/travel/flight...gl=us&curr=USD
135pilot likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:32 am

Nice fare. $2454 if you book directly with QR.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Nice deal.

For those interested, Tanzania remains open and I don't for foresee that changing unless the situation in the country deteriorates.

Your don't even need a covid test unless your airline requires it.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Nice deal.

For those interested, Tanzania remains open and I don't for foresee that changing unless the situation in the country deteriorates.

Not to be rude, but I would hope one would have the decency to get a covid-19 test, required or not, especially if unvaccinated, before flying into a low-income country with a fragile healthcare system for the heck of it.
mlbcard, JMR1223 and sonomawine like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Nice deal.

Good reason to avoid Tanzania.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by ezefllying
Not to be rude, but I would hope one would have the decency to get a covid-19 test, required or not, especially if unvaccinated, before flying into a low-income country with a fragile healthcare system for the heck of it.
Just stating what the current entry requirements are since this fare specifically mentions Tanzanian destinations.

I'm not encouraging anyone to avoid covid testing or a certain location. This forum is for the exchange of travel related info and people can choose to do what they wish with that information.

Personally, I would definitely take a covid test before heading abroad.
​​​​​​
tr3k, MKBshaw, Sky Dreamer and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:19 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks,
I just cleaned up a number of posts. Please use this thread to discuss specifics of the fare. For general COVID19 topics, please take those to the COVID forum.

Thanks
Ryandc99 Moderator Mileage Run
Old May 3, 2021, 3:35 pm

Looks like Tanzania is now requiring a covid test taken up to 72hrs before arrival. They are also implementing a 14 day quarantine for traveller's from certain countries.

Glad to see the TZ government take more proactive measures to reduce the chance of rapid spread.
​​
tkelvin69 likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 11:50 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Nice deal.

And I bet you can get Ivermectin at the airport pharmacy!
Old May 5, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Also works ex-MIA
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Looks like Tanzania is now requiring a covid test taken up to 72hrs before arrival. They are also implementing a 14 day quarantine for traveller's from certain countries.

Glad to see the TZ government take more proactive measures to reduce the chance of rapid spread.
​​
The previous president recently died of COVID, so I think their policies will continue to change.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
The fare is gone. Currently over $5000 USD on QR for the dates listed in the OP.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cheltzel
The fare is gone. Currently over $5000 USD on QR for the dates listed in the OP.
Did you even attempt to look at other dates? Fare is definitely still available.
15cats likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you even attempt to look at other dates? Fare is definitely still available.
My mistake, you're right.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Lounge Access

I assume there is lounge access on this fare if you're OW Emerald, correct? But maybe not the first class lounge in DOH....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.