Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP EU to US J EUR 1000 (about)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP EU to US J EUR 1000 (about)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 8:29 pm

I can only find max travel of 14 days on this fare. Looking for MIA to Eastern Europe in late August (trying to get as close a possible to Croatia--final destination). Hoping to stay for 4 weeks. Closest I can find is 8/26 MIA-VCE and return 9/9. Can anyone find longer than 14 days?
Old May 5, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by George84
...Looking for MIA to Eastern Europe in late August (trying to get as close a possible to Croatia--final destination). Hoping to stay for 4 weeks. Closest I can find is 8/26 MIA-VCE and return 9/9. Can anyone find longer than 14 days?
I would try an award flight outbound (e.g. TK). There are often good deals returning from the Balkans.
Old May 5, 2021, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The validity of this promo has been extended till May 11, 2021.
kokonutz and Flyingfares like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by George84
I can only find max travel of 14 days on this fare. Looking for MIA to Eastern Europe in late August (trying to get as close a possible to Croatia--final destination). Hoping to stay for 4 weeks. Closest I can find is 8/26 MIA-VCE and return 9/9. Can anyone find longer than 14 days?
Fare rules only allow for 14 days maximum stay; not sure what the intention of that is, but that's how it is loaded.
The next higher fare seems to be only slightly more expensive in terms of base fare (~150 USD), however the YQ increases significantly as well, making the fare unattractive for stays >14 days.
Old May 8, 2021, 11:55 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Took a gamble on this for mid-June. By doing outbound in business and return in coach got it down to about $750 out of IAD to BCN. Hopefully Spain will be open by then. That's a great price even for a one-way in business. A321-neo but they seem nice enough in TAP business. Better than the Aer Lingus 757 trans-a business class I've done in the past.
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 5:06 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Booked 3 seats AMS - MIA this summer on the A330neo. Good deal!
kokonutz and seanp7 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:04 am

I'm now in the unenviable position of having one of these fares booked for IAD to AMS for July 14th. Netherlands seems to be very sheepish about opening to USA travel by then. The EU announcements we heard about in May are sounding more and more misleading by the day.

what are my options here? I'm guessing TAP will laugh at me if I need to cancel. I know the booking terms state that you get one free change, but I assume that doesn't include fare difference. Guess I'm screwed? I paid with a Barclaycard. Is it realistic to do a charge back if I'm legally unable to transit?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I'm now in the unenviable position of having one of these fares booked for IAD to AMS for July 14th. Netherlands seems to be very sheepish about opening to USA travel by then. The EU announcements we heard about in May are sounding more and more misleading by the day.

what are my options here? I'm guessing TAP will laugh at me if I need to cancel. I know the booking terms state that you get one free change, but I assume that doesn't include fare difference. Guess I'm screwed? I paid with a Barclaycard. Is it realistic to do a charge back if I'm legally unable to transit?
I don't think you don't have a lot of options here.
A chargeback wouldn't work as border restrictions are the responsibility of the passenger, not the airline; although in FT, I have seen some experiences on other airlines that some credit card companies accept border restrictions as a valid reason and despite the right of the airline they would approve the chargeback process so it might be worth a shot.

Obviously, if you decide to rebook for free, you would need to pay the fare difference.
I am not sure if TP is offering a monetary voucher for non-cancelled flights but if they do, that would be your best option.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't think you don't have a lot of options here.
A chargeback wouldn't work as border restrictions are the responsibility of the passenger, not the airline; although in FT, I have seen some experiences on other airlines that some credit card companies accept border restrictions as a valid reason and despite the right of the airline they would approve the chargeback process so it might be worth a shot.

Obviously, if you decide to rebook for free, you would need to pay the fare difference.
I am not sure if TP is offering a monetary voucher for non-cancelled flights but if they do, that would be your best option.
I'm also looking at the options because I have AMS - EWR booked for late August. This is from TAP's site regarding vouchers:

• Valid for requested made as of September 1, 2020, in which a flight has been cancelled;
  • The issuance of the voucher for the total amount of the ticket is applicable to tickets where no route of the ticket has yet been used;
  • Additional amount is calculated based on the original amount of the voucher. For example, if you were originally going to receive 100EUR the voucher will be issued in the total amount of 110EUR;
  • Applicable to tickets paid with cash, including Corporate tickets;
  • Additional value is not valid for tickets that have been paid for with vouchers or mile tickets.
Link
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:43 am

Still holding tickets to BCN in 10 days or so. Going to hold out hope it’s open until I hear otherwise.

Nothing lost by being patient.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Still holding tickets to BCN in 10 days or so. Going to hold out hope it’s open until I hear otherwise.

Nothing lost by being patient.
According to their covid rebooking policy, changes have to be made 21 days before departure, in order to be eligible for "free changes" (fare difference applies):
https://www.flytap.com/de-de/special...6-889370164c86

While I don't know about your booking, I would keep that in mind when postponing the trip.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfares
I'm also looking at the options because I have AMS - EWR booked for late August. This is from TAP's site regarding vouchers:
Link
that's only for cancelled flights though, right? None of that will matter if they don't cancel my itenarary.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by delpiero223
According to their covid rebooking policy, changes have to be made 21 days before departure, in order to be eligible for "free changes" (fare difference applies):
https://www.flytap.com/de-de/special...6-889370164c86

While I don't know about your booking, I would keep that in mind when postponing the trip.
So too late for that anyway. But Spain looks like it will be open (knock wood). And the transit in Lisbon appears to require a PCR test AND stay airside. I think. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:32 pm

kokonutz : According the last announcement made by Spain (https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesio.../nCov/spth.htm), you will unfortunately not be allowed to enter, USA remains a third country not included in the exception list, at least until midnight on 20 June.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
kokonutz : According the last announcement made by Spain (https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesio.../nCov/spth.htm), you will unfortunately not be allowed to enter, USA remains a third country not included in the exception list, at least until midnight on 20 June.
Been following this closely and yeah.

But the PM said differently before that. And said differently again yesterday:

“But a release from the Prime Minister's office that AFAR received today has confirmed that the June 7 reopening is on.”

https://www.afar.com/magazine/spain-...rs-in-june/amp

ETA: it’s even on their FB page now. So it MUST be true!!

https://www.facebook.com/spain.info.us/

​​​​​​

Bigger concern now is certainty about the ability to tr
ansit LIS…

Last edited by kokonutz; Jun 5, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.